Arguably one of the most popular anime TV series of its generation, Attack on Titan has managed to earn a special place among die-hard anime lovers. Set in a world going through a post-apocalyptic era, Attack on Titan centers on spirited protagonist Eren Yeager who valiantly fights humongous humanoid Titans to save humanity.
If you are hooked on Japanese anime and wondering where to watch Attack on Titan in US, Netflix is the best place to stream this fan-favorite anime. However, you will need the best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong since it’s exclusively available on Netflix Japan, which is geo-restricted due to content licensing and limited streaming rights.
Let’s explore and find out how to use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to get a Japanese IP address in Hong Kong so that you can access Netflix Japan and watch all seasons of Attack on Titan in Hong Kong.
Quick Overview — Best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong 2023
Before we proceed to our in-depth analysis, here’s a quick overview of our top 3 picks for the best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong:
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. Offers 3000+ servers globally in 94 countries, including 4 server locations in Japan. Can easily unblock Netflix Japan with fast speeds for streaming anime in HD quality.
- Surfshark: Budget-friendly VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. Provides global access to 3200+ servers in 100 countries, including 56 servers in Japan. Offers economical subscription packages to unblock Netflix Japan with top-notch privacy features.
- NordVPN: Most secure VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. Hosts an extensive network of 5500+ fast servers in 60 countries, including 130+ servers in Japan to unblock Netflix Japan with ease.
Go through our Best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong – In-Depth Analysis and FAQs for more information.
Why do I need a VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong
While Attack on Titan is available on Netflix, you won’t be able to access it in the United States due to geo-restrictions and that’s why you need a VPN. Netflix keeps its content libraries geo-blocked in compliance with content licensing policies and copyright laws.
As of now, Attack on Titan is only available on Netflix Japan, and to access it you’ll need a VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. By using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, you can easily change your location virtually to Japan. A VPN works by rerouting your internet traffic through its remote servers in different countries and also encrypts your online traffic.
So, as soon as you connect to a VPN server in Japan, Netflix reroutes you to its Japanese content library where you can watch Attack on Titan and other titles that aren’t available on Netflix US.
Best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong [Updated 2023] — Detailed Analysis
After testing more than 60+ VPN service providers, we have shortlisted the top 3 contenders for the best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. Here’s a detailed analysis of our top recommended VPNs:
1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong
- MediaStreamer feature
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, 4 server locations in Japan
- Speed: 89.42 Mbps
- Simultaneous connections: 5 devices
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- Price: HKD 52.28/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
- Device & OS Compatibility: Windows, Android, iOS, PS4, Smart TVs, etc
- Unblocking Streaming Platforms: Hulu, Peacock TV, Netflix US, CBC, OxygenTV, Disney+, in Japan
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong because the VPN service provides dependable access and flawless streaming. This VPN is operational in over 94 countries and has over 3000 servers worldwide, and 4 servers locations in Japan. It can effortlessly unlock Attack on Titan in Hong Kong within a few seconds.
It also unblocks a number of international streaming services like Amazon Prime, Disney+, FuboTV, HBO Max, Hulu, and Discovery. You can also stream US Netflix with ExpressVPN in Hong Kong while residing in other countries.
Apart from providing fast speeds, ExpressVPN assures that you are connected to a secure network. It does so by employing a Kill Switch, IP leak & DNS protection, AES 256-bit encryption, and a no-log policy. As a result, you can be certain that your anonymity will be maintained.
Another useful feature of ExpressVPN is its MediaStreamer, which allows users to access ExpressVPN services on devices that aren’t generally VPN-compatible.
With ExpressVPN feat speeds, we never face any delays or buffering. During our ExpressVPN speed test in Hong Kong on a 100 Mbps connection, we received a download speed of 89.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps.
The VPN is compatible with any device running Linux, Android, Windows, iOS, and macOS. One account will work on 5 devices simultaneously. It also provides high-tech apps for Firesticks, Smart TVs, Gaming Consoles, iPhones, Chromecast, Apple TVs, Roku, and even WiFi routers. We had no issues installing ExpressVPN on FireStick in Hong Kong.
ExpressVPN costs in Hong Kong HKD 52.28/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). If you want to put its performance to the test, sign up for its premium subscription, and enjoy a 30-day return guarantee. Customer service is provided by live chat support which is available 24/7. Not to mention, ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial in Hong Kong for mobile phone users is also available.
For more details, read our ExpressVPN review Hong Kong.
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days
- Live chat is available all day every day
- Very rapid speeds
- Wide server coverage
- Bufferless streaming
- Costs more than Surfshark and Nord
2. Surfshark — Budget-friendly VPN to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with 56 servers in Japan
- Speed: 81.32 Mbps
- Simultaneous connections: Unlimited
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- Price: HKD 18.03/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
- Device & OS Compatibility: Fire Stick, Xbox, Smart TVs, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc
- Unblocking Streaming Platforms: CBC, Peacock TV, Disney+, Netflix US, Hulu, and OxygenTV in Japan
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong costing just HKD 18.03/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It has around 3200 servers spread over 100 countries, including 56 servers in Japan.
You may use this VPN service to access geo-blocked platforms from many countries. With this VPN, you can easily view the top Japanese series like Attack On Titan in Hong Kong.
Surfshark is capable of unblocking a wide range of streaming services, like BT Sport, Disney+, Discovery, and Netflix. You may also stream anime on HBO Max with Surfshark in Hong Kong servers in HD.
We were pleased with the result of our Surfshark speed test in Hong Kong. This VPN service’s performance is pretty outstanding; at 100 Mbps, it offered a download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps.
The remarkable security measures of Surfshark indicate how much the firm values its consumers’ privacy. The connections are secured with AES 256-bit encryption, ensuring that your online actions are kept private from private entities. There are many other features like No-logs Policy, a Kill Switch, and Camouflage Mode.
Also, you may connect your single Surfshark subscription to an unlimited number of devices simultaneously without experiencing buffering. This VPN is supported on Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, macOS, and many more OSs. It is also available on mainstream devices like Samsung TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Xbox, and PlayStation. We had an amazing time streaming Attack on Titan using Surfshark on our iPhone in Hong Kong .
Surfshark’s unblocking services are available with its monthly package. Surfshark is reasonably priced at just HKD 18.03/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). If you are a first-time subscriber, you will be entitled to a 30-day money-back guarantee. It also offers 24/7 customer support through live chat and Surfshark’s 7-day free trial in Hong Kong is also available with its subscription plan.
Look up our Surfshark review Hong Kong to know all about its features.
- 24/7 live chat support
- 56 Japanese servers
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 7-day free trial
- Slower speed
- Connectivity might take some time
3. NordVPN — Largest Server Network VPN to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries, featuring 130+ Japanese servers
- Speed: 83.82 Mbps
- Simultaneous Connections: 6
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- Price: HKD 31.27/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
- Device & OS Compatibility: Android, Kodi, FireStick, PS4, iOS, etc
- Unblocking Streaming Platforms: Hulu, US Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, and more in Japan
NordVPN is the largest server network VPN to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong, with about 5500 servers distributed over 60 countries and 130+ servers in Japan. NordVPN stands out in the industry by providing a huge server network and lightning-quick speeds on all of its servers.
We were able to unblock Netflix with NordVPN in Hong Kong servers in seconds to stream Attack on Titan in Hong Kong.
NordVPN not only allows you to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong but also enables you to easily unblock other streaming platforms like Hulu, HBO Max, Discovery, Disney+, and more.
On our NordVPN speed tests in Hong Kong, it delivered quite impressive results. At a 100 Mbps connection, it has a remarkable download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps.
NordVPN offers a high-end network security package that features military-grade 256-bit encryption. In addition, it employs a Double VPN, no-log policy, server obfuscation, leak prevention, and a kill switch.
You may connect to 6 devices at the same time with one NordVPN subscription. The NordVPN app is compatible with all OSs like Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, Linux, and popular devices including Kodi, Chromecast, Roku, Smart TVs, and FireStick.
People usually look for ways to watch Attack On Titan in Hong Kong without a VPN in order to save money while still enjoying geo-blocked episodes. This method is not secure. Rather, we propose that you buy a NordVPN subscription for HKD 31.27/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan).
If you are not satisfied with the company’s service, you can always take advantage of its 30-day money-back policy. It also offers a 7-day NordVPN free trial in Hong Kong to its phone subscribers with 24/7 customer service for any queries.
Read our NordVPN review Hong Kong to learn more about this VPN.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- AES 256-bit military-grade encryption
- 130+ Japanese servers
- Live chat is available 24/7
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Employing advanced security protocols might make it slower
Testing Methodology: How we chose the VPNs for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong
We know that choosing a VPN service can be quite overwhelming with so many options available in the market. But keep in mind that not every VPN Service provides high-quality performance.
We have tested and evaluated 60 VPNs in order to find the best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. Given below is the methodology we used to pick the high-performance best VPNs. You can check it out and see if it matches your requirement. You can select one of our recommended VPNs. Here is the testing methodology:
- Servers in Japan: For a VPN to work with Attack on Titan in Hong Kong, Japanese servers are the essential key. The best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong should provide a number of servers in Japan and must offer an extensive server network around the world. Our recommended VPN, ExpressVPN offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries and 4 server locations in Japan.
- Speed: Speed is another basic and vital feature a VPN can offer. Most of the VPNs available in the market throttle your internet’s bandwidth which leads to streaming issues. So, providing a fast-speed server with unlimited bandwidth is a very essential feature to look for if you are choosing a VPN for streaming, downloading, and torrenting. Our recommended VPNs all offer unlimited bandwidth with no restrictions.
- Unblocking: A VPN’s ability to unblock matters a lot as a VPN’s most of the time used to unblock geo-restricted content or streaming platforms. So, if a VPN does not have robust unblocking powers it is of no use. We suggest such VPNs that can unblock any to all major streaming platforms just within the seconds.
- Security: Providing high-end security features that are compatible with modern security threats should be a VPNs priority. Security features like AES 256-Bit Encryption, Double VPN, a Kill Switch, a Multi-hop feature, Ad-blocker, DNS and IP leaks protection, and Server Obfuscation should be available. Our recommended VPNs offer high-quality military-grade security features.
- Privacy: Having personal privacy online has become very much of a necessary thing. So providing complete online privacy should be an available feature in a VPN app. The best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong we have recommended offers a strict no-logs policy that makes sure that any activity users do online have no tracks or logs saved.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong?
No, we do not recommend that you use a free VPN to watch Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. Free VPNs may attract you for being free of charge but they come with many downsides and drawbacks. Often a free VPN will not be able to give you access to a Japanese server to unblock Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. The servers offered in a free VPN are not strong enough and are easily detected.
Free VPNs are not very suitable for streaming as they eat up your data and slow down your internet speed by throttling your bandwidth. This results in lags and buffering in streaming. Moreover, the security features in free VPNs are just for formality and they cause many security and privacy breaches.
That is why you should not use a free VPN instead opt for a recommended premium VPN. We always choose and suggest ExpressVPN as it has the most industry-leading features that provide high-quality performance.
FAQs — Best VPNs for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong
Which VPN is best for watching Attack on Titan in Hong Kong?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong because it provides dependable access and flawless streaming. It also offers the most industry-leading features that provide high-quality performance. The server network is so large and extensive that you can access any streaming platform in Hong Kong.
Where can I stream all seasons of Attack on Titan in Hong Kong?
You can watch all seasons of Attack on Titan on Netflix in Hong Kong. But there is a catch, you can only access all seasons of Attack on Titans on Netflix in Japan, Italy, or Singapore. Other than these Netflix libraries you may not find it elsewhere. So you need to connect to a VPN app to unblock it if you are located in any other country than these 3 to watch Attack on Titan.
Why does Netflix block you from streaming Attack on Titan on Netflix in Hong Kong?
Netflix is available all around the globe but it still blocks you from streaming certain titles like Attack on Titans because it may not be available in your region. Netflix may be a global streaming service but it does not offer the same content everywhere and the streamable titles are not the same.
It is due to the copyrights and licensing of the content. So the title will be available in the country and region where Netflix has bought the copyrights for. However, we suggest that you get a premium reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN to bypass this hurdle and access Attack on Titan on Netflix in Hong Kong.
Attack on Titan is arguably one of the most popular anime TV series. So if you are an anime fan but cannot access it on Netflix US, we hope that this guide will help you stream it through Netflix Japan. Japanese Netflix is the best platform that can give you access to all seasons of Attack on Titan anime in Hong Kong.
However, you will need the best VPN for Attack on Titan in Hong Kong since you cannot stream Netflix Japan while being in Hong Kong, due to content licensing and limited streaming rights.
So, get our recommended ExpressVPN to stream your favorite anime series Attack on Titan in Hong Kong. ExpressVPN can easily unblock Netflix Japan in Hong Kong with fast speeds for streaming anime in HD quality and protects you with the best encryption protocols.
If there are any other queries left unanswered, feel free to reach out in the comments section below.