NordVPN fully works with a Linux operating system. NordVPN even has a native application for Linux devices. The application gives easy access to different advanced features such as CyberSec, Autoconnect, and automated Kill Switch on different Linux systems such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Linux Mint OpenSUSE.
Linux is an incredible achievement of open-source software in Spain, but its users all know how much pain it can be to get some software working. This is because the operating system has been overlooked by many developers, who prefer to target their efforts on more widely adopted platforms like Windows and macOS.
NordVPN is safest VPN for Ubuntu in Spain, Fedora, Debian, Linux Mint, OpenSUSE, and other Linux distributions.
We’ll show you step-by-step instructions on how to install and use NordVPN on Linux in Spain in Spain. You can read about NordVPN in detail, in our NordVPN review Spain.
Setting up and using NordVPN on Linux in Spain using the Terminal
If you do not wish to install the NordVPN Linux client on your device in Spain, you can set up a manual NordVPN Linux client using the Terminal which uses the command-line method.
Please note that since NordVPN on Linux in Spain has a lot of different distributions, the configuration interfaces may vary.
- LaunchTerminal (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + T).
- Establish the OpenVPN client by entering the command:sudo apt-get install openvpn
- You may be asked to enter your user password to confirm your identity. You can find your username and password in your NordVPN online account.
- Pilot to the OpenVPN configuration directory with the command: cd /etc/openvpn
- Download the OpenVPN configuration files with the command:sudo wget https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/archives/servers/ovpn.zip
- In case you get ERROR: The certificate of `nordvpn.com’ is not trusted., install the ca-certificates package with the command:
- sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
- In case you do not have the unzip package installed, you can also download it by typing:sudo apt-get install unzip
- Extract ovpn.zip with the command:sudo unzip ovpn.zip
- Remove the files you will no longer use sudo rm ovpn.zip
- Go into the directory where the server configurations are located. These folders are named either ovpn_udp or ovpn_tcp:cd /etc/openvpn/ovpn_udp/
- To see the list of all available servers, enter the following command: ls -al
- Choose a server title to connect to.
- OpenVPN with a chosen configuration by entering
- sudo openvpn [file name]
- sudo openvpn us2957.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn
- sudo openvpn /etc/openvpn/ovpn_udp/us2957.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn
- OpenVPN will ask you for your credentials. Enter your NordVPN service username and password.
How to install NordVPN on Linux in Spain?
NordVPN supports a native application for Linux devices. It is the recommended method for setting up NordVPN on Linux in Spain. NordVPN on Linux in Spain client supports features like Kill Switch, auto-connect, and cyber-sec. They offer .deb and .rpm packages, which are compatible with various Debian-based and RHEL-based systems. NordVPN on Linux in Spain application doesn’t come with any Linux GUI and requires to be set up by the command line method.
Let’s start setting up NordVPN on Linux in Spain Client on different Linux distributions, including Debian, Ubuntu, Elementary OS, Mint, Fedora, QubesOS, RHEL, OpenSUSE, and CentOS.
Downloading the NordVPN on Linux app:
- Launch your terminal application, run the following command and download the NordVPN on Linux in Spain
sh <(curl -sSf https://downloads.nordcdn.com/apps/linux/install.sh)
Note: If you do not have a curl package, evidenced by the fact that the above does not work, you can alternatively use this command:
sh <(wget -qO – https://downloads.nordcdn.com/apps/linux/install.sh)
Additionally, if you receive the following issue: Whoops! Permission denied accessing /run/nordvpn/nordvpnd.sock, just run the following command:
sudo usermod -aG nordvpn USER and then reboot your device.
- Log in to your NordVPN account: nordvpn login
- Connect to a NordVPN server: nordvpn connect
To access the NordVPN client settings, type the nordvpn command in Terminal.
Here is the list of available commands:
nordvpn login – To Login
nordvpn connect or nordvpn c – To connect to the VPN. For connection to specific servers, use nordvpn connect <country_code server_number> (eg. nordvpn connect uk715)
nordvpn disconnect or nordvpn d – To disconnect from VPN
nordvpn connect US -g double_vpn – To connect to a Double VPN server where the specific country suggests the first hop
nordvpn connect P2P – To connect to a P2P/File-Sharing supported server
nordvpn connect The_Americas – To connect to servers located in the Americas
nordvpn connect Dedicated_IP – To connect to a Dedicated IP server
nordvpn set or nordvpn s – To set a configuration option. Possible options:
nordvpn set cybersec on or off – To enable or disable CyberSec
nordvpn set killswitch on or off – To enable or disable NordVPN Kill Switch in Spain
nordvpn set autoconnect on or off – To enable or disable auto-connect. You can set a specific server for automatic connection using nordvpn set autoconnect on country_code+server_number. Example: nordvpn set autoconnect on us2435
nordvpn set notify on or off – To enable or disable notifications
nordvpn set dns 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 – To set custom DNS
nordvpn set protocol udp or tcp – To switch between UDP and TCP protocols in Spain
nordvpn set obfuscate on or off – To enable or disable Obfuscated Servers in Spain
nordvpn set technology – To set connection technology (OpenVPN or NordLynx)
nordvpn whitelist add port 22 – Use this command to add a rule to whitelist a specified incoming port
nordvpn whitelist remove port 22 – To remove the same rule
nordvpn whitelist add subnet 192.168.0.0/16 – To add a rule to whitelist a specified subnet
nordvpn whitelist remove subnet 192.168.0.0/16 – To remove the same rule
nordvpn account – To view NordVPN account information
nordvpn register – To register for a new NordVPN account
nordvpn rate – To rate your last connection quality
nordvpn settings – To see the current settings
nordvpn status – For viewing connection status
nordvpn countries – For getting access to the country list
nordvpn cities– See the city list. E.g., nordvpn cities united_states
nordvpn groups – To check the list of available server groups
nordvpn logout – To Log out from the application
nordvpn help or nordvpn h – To find the list of the commands or help for a specific command
You can get an extensive explanation of all commands by using the man nordvpn command in Terminal.
How can I connect to a VPN using Linux Network Manager in Spain?
Similar to what you did using Terminal, you can do it with Linux Network Manager and set up a manual NordVPN OpenVPN protocol on Linux using the command line method as NordVPN is one if these providers which give best OpenVPN services in Spain to its users.
1. Download the OpenVPN Configuration File Package and extract them into a folder.
2. Click on the network selection button in the upper-right corner of the screen, press VPN Off, and select VPN Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. A configuration window will open. Press the + icon next to VPN to add VPN configuration.
4. You will be prompted to choose a connection type. Select the option “Import from file…”
5. You will be asked to select a file you would like to import. Go to the folder where you have extracted the configuration files, select one of the files from the list, and click Open.
6. In the pop-up window, enter your NordVPN service username and password, then clicks on Add.
7. Now click on the toggle switch under the VPN section to connect to a NordVPN server. The toggle switch will turn green once connected.
Even though the NordVPN native Linux application is much easier to install and operate than the above two methods in Spain, many users prefer to rely on Network Manager and Terminal method to connect their NordVPN on Linux in Spain with the VPN tunnel.
Why should you choose NordVPN in Spain?
You must be asking yourself different questions, like: “Why would you need a VPN in the first place on a Linux in Spain?”
Well, we will tell you why NordVPN is the best solution for online privacy in Spain.
NordVPN is known for its state-of-the-art security and encryption techniques that enhance your online privacy with its 256-bit keys Advanced Encryption Standard, double protection feature, obfuscated servers, and a strict no-log policy in Spain.
It also has a network lock kill switch that stops your system from accessing the internet if your VPN connection suddenly drops. NordVPN on Linux in Spain client also comes with a default Kill Switch feature that will ensure your original IP address is not leaked even if the VPN connection stops.
It offers 5,400+ servers in 59 countries. To make sure that when you use NordVPN on Linux device in Spain, you get complete access to unlimited streaming content and websites from all around the globe.
With NordVPN, you will be able to protect all your devices as it offers dedicated applications MAC, Windows, Android, and iOS. Not only your hand-held devices, PCs, and macOS will be protected but also the devices that are a little bit more complicated.
NordVPN’s Free-trial in Spain also allows users to test out the service before deciding to go for a premium subscription. if you have any concerns related to payment methods then you can check out our blog NordVPN with PayPal in Spain. It also offers a 24/7 customer support service and a 30-day money-back guarantee to let you cancel your NordVPN subscription in Spain anytime without worrying. For user reviews, you can also see what Reddit thinks about NordVPN in Spain in 2023.
Even though Linux is excellent open-source software, running several applications on this platform can be troublesome due to its lack of popularity. In the case of connecting NordVPN on Linux device in Spain, you are in luck.
NordVPN offers a Linux client for an amazing VPN experience. If you are old school and wish to stick with the NordVPN on Linux in Spain default VPN settings rather than the NordVPN in Spain on Linux client, you can also do it by following the Terminal and Network Manager’s steps. So what are you waiting for, go and purchase a NordVPN subscription today?