The Amazon HTTP proxy error in Spain occurs when you try accessing the platform using a VPN. Not all VPNs work well with Amazon Prime. However, some of them are powerful enough to give a hassle-free streaming experience. Since you’re here, we assume you’ve also come across one of the following error messages and looking for ways to learn how to fix the Amazon Prime HTTP Proxy error in Spain:
If you are too agitated seeing this one HTTP proxy error on Amazon Video repeatedly even after using VPN, this means that Amazon Prime is smart enough to trace the VPN connections to prevent its users from bypassing its licensing agreements. Also, if you are using SmartDNS technology, it is much easier to detect it than a VPN server. As a result, your Internet traffic goes down.
A reliable VPN works by encrypting your internet traffic and re-routing it through a different international server, specifically the server from the country you want to access. For example, if you want to stream your favorite US titles on Amazon Prime Video, you can connect to any US server.
However, Amazon has marked and blacklisted multiple VPN IP addresses. So, as soon as it knows you are using a VPN, it blocks you from accessing the platform. So, using only a robust VPN with sophisticated encryption protocols and security features can prevent you from being detected by Amazon Prime Video and develop a stable connection.
In this article, we will show you how to fix Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error in Spain and which VPN works best for this popular platform.
What’s Causing Amazon Prime HTTP Proxy Error in Spain?
The Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error in Spain is because your VPN or Smart DNS has been detected. This error indicates that the Amazon systems have caught you using a VPN connection to bypass the platform’s Firewall. Though VPN can help you unblock geo-restricted content on Amazon Prime, not all the service providers are strong enough to maintain a stable connection.
Also, if you are using the SmartDNS technology, it can be another reason for your Amazon HTTP proxy error. Smart DNS does not offer connection security and is readily detected by Amazon’s strong AI. Therefore, it’s recommended to use only an effective and powerful VPN such as ExpressVPN.
How to Fix the Amazon Prime HTTP Proxy Error in Spain?
If you’re still facing an Amazon HTTP proxy error in Spain and wanted to find out How to Fix the Amazon Prime HTTP Proxy Error in Spain, try the following methods to fix it:
1. Preliminary Checks
Mark these preliminary checks before moving further to any other fixes:
- Before using your Amazon Prime VPN, you must close any other VPN apps already active on your computer.
- Antivirus and Firewall programs occasionally interfere with internet connectivity. So, ensure that any connection problems aren’t caused by them. The best way is to disable them before reconnecting to your VPN. Or you may also put the VPN program in exception before turning on your security program again.
- After disconnecting from your VPN, visit the website to confirm your internet connection is active.
- Connect to the most convenient server location for you. If it helps, the issue is with the server location to which you were originally connected.
- Alternatively, you can adjust your DNS settings or switch networks. To see if the problem is with your current ISP, connect to a different network, such as a public Wi-Fi network.
2. Incorrect System Date and Time
Always double-check your date and time before trying any other thing. The VPN cannot successfully develop the connection if your date and time are incorrect. Here is how you update it:
- Right-click the ‘Date and Time display’ button on the Taskbar.
- ‘Adjust date and time settings will appear.
- Navigate to the Date and Time tab.
- Disable ‘Set time automatically.‘
- Change the date and time by clicking ‘Change.’ Enter your password if prompted.
- If you need to alter the time zone, select your current time zone from the drop-down list.
3. Get a Premium VPN
Amazon Prime is smart enough to prevent its users from bypassing the geo-restriction policies. Therefore, if your VPN is not strong enough to provide meticulous security and privacy, it can be easily traced by Amazon. So, only some premium VPNs with robust encryption protocols work well with this advanced media platform.
Here is how to bypass the Amazon Prime VPN Error using a premium VPN provider:
- Get the VPN that works best with Amazon Prime. We recommend using ExpressVPN owing to its high-speed servers and unblocking capability.
- Install the VPN application.
- Now, open the ExpressVPN app and select a server from the list depending on the target location you want to access.
- Visit Amazon Prime and binge-watch your favorite titles without facing any proxy errors.
4. Change the VPN Server
Changing the VPN server also helps redevelop the connection to Amazon Prime Video. Usually, when Amazon Prime blocks the server, it cannot connect to it unless the VPN provider updates it. So, changing the server helps.
Here is how you do it:
- Go to the VPN home page.
- Disconnect the previous server.
- Look into the options of servers you have in the country you want to access. ExpressVPN’s New York server works best with Amazon.
- Connect to the new server.
- Try to access the site again, and you will be successful.
5. Clear Cache and Cookies
Sometimes cookies and cache store your location information, thus becoming a reason for Amazon not working with VPN. You can clear them and then reconnect to your VPN. To clear cache press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL.
6. Flush DNS
The DNS entries in your device can cause problems while you are trying to bypass Amazon Prime Firewalls. So, clear them before establishing the VPN connection.
Here is how you do it.
- To open Run, press the Windows key and “R,” then type “cmd.”
- In Command Prompt, enter “ipconfig/flushdns.”
- When you press the Enter key, Command Prompt will display the following message: “Resolver cache flushed successfully.“
- Reconnect the VPN app and begin streaming Amazon Prime.
7. Update VPN App
Most VPN mobile apps automatically update, but the same does not happen for PCs. If your Amazon Prime VPN errors interrupt your streaming only on your desktop, you’re using an outdated version. To resolve the proxy error, go to your App Store and download the most recent desktop app.
8. No IP or Host Not Found
If the error message says, “The requested name is valid but does not have an IP address or Host not found,” make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Mind that the VPN is not a replacement for an Internet connection. So, after trying all the above solutions, if your error problem persists, try checking your internet connection again.
Also, your ISP may be restricting your VPN DNS server. In this case, you have to manually input the DNS address.
Activate the Network Connections menu.
- After clicking Start, select Run.
- Enter the command “ncpa.cpl” and press OK.
- Locate your usual connection in the Network connection window—it might be a LAN or wireless network connection.
- Right-click the connection and select Properties.
The DNS Server Settings
- Select Internet Protocol. It is often known as IPv4 or just IP.
- Click on “Use the DNS server addresses listed below”.
- Enter the Google DNS server addresses as 22.214.171.124 is the DNS server to use. You can add 126.96.36.199 in the backup of the DNS server.
- If Google DNS is restricted, use Neustar DNS (188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206), enter the address, and click OK. Now, add and select Level3 DNS (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168).
- Flush any obsolete DNS entries after configuring your machine to utilize the DNS servers provided by your VPN.
Quick Overview: Best VPNs to Fix Amazon Prime Proxy Error in Spain?
We tried and tested more than 60 VPNs for their unblocking potential, speed, and security for Amazon Prime. However, most of them end up being detected and blocked. Here are the three best VPNs for Amazon Prime Streaming:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for Amazon Prime Videos. With its 3000+ servers in 94 countries, it provides lightning-fast speed and amicable security to its users.
- Surfshark: Budget-friendly VPN for Amazon Prime Videos. Surfshark is powerful enough to bypass Amazon’s geo-restriction Firewall and let you stream content as much as your heart desires.
- NordVPN: Largest server network to stream Amazon Prime Video. So, with NordVPN, Amazon not working with VPN is no more an issue. The diversity of servers allows no bandwidth capping, even during high internet traffic.
Best VPNs to Fix Amazon Prime Proxy Error in Spain? In-depth Analysis
Here is a detailed analysis of the three best VPNs that never give you an Amazon Prime VPN Error due to their sophisticated technology:
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Amazon Prime Video
- 3000+ servers in 94 locations globally
- Media Streamer, a sophisticated SmartDNS tool
- Unblocks Amazon Prime: Yes
- Simultaneous connections: 5
- High speed
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Price: EUR 6.24/mo (US$ 6.67/mo)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Amazon Prime Videos and helps you unblock all your favorite shows and movies with outstanding speed and security. Every server provides a stable internet connection, lightning-fast speeds, and military-grade security and privacy. That’s why ExpressVPN’s the best VPN for Amazon Prime as well.
So, if you want that Amazon Prime VPN Error never to be a problem again, trust ExpressVPN to provide you with state-of-the-art VPN services. ExpressVPN servers’ unblocking capability of Amazon Prime to stream American content gave us mind-blowing results. As soon as we connected to the US-New York server, all the American titles were readily available.
Moreover, the ExpressVPN speed test in Spain showed that over a 100 Mbps internet connection, the average upload speed was 84.64 Mbps, and the average download speed remained at 89.42 Mbps.
With all these features, Amazon Prime and even your ISP can never detect you are using the VPN to bypass the Firewall. Thus, your connection always remains stable.
ExpressVPN uses a patented light protocol to ensure you can watch your favorite Amazon media in 4K at ultra-high speeds and without any buffering.
Using ExpressVPN with Amazon Prime in Spain, you can access all the media libraries on Amazon Prime but also bypass the geo-restriction on other platforms, including BBC iPlayer, C31 in Spain, Netflix, YouTube, Disney+, and Hulu.
ExpressVPN is compatible with the most popular OS, including iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, etc. So, you can easily install it on smartphones, smart TVs, laptops, PCs, and gaming consoles. Our experience with setting up ExpressVPN on Amazon FireStick in Spain went pretty well. Even if you cannot download the VPN directly on your device, you can install ExpressVPN manually on the Wi-Fi router in Spain. So, every device connected to the same router has a VPN connection.
ExpressVPN provides military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, the same used by government officials to protect high-profile data. Also, the DNS/IP leakproof methodology and an Internet kill switch allow you to surf the browser completely in incognito mode. Furthermore, ExpressVPN provides a no-log data policy to ensure you never have to worry about privacy leaks.
Also, you may level up your security and privacy by paying for your ExpressVPN in cryptocurrency, e.g., Bitcoin, Ripple, or Ethereum.
The best thing about using ExpressVPN is that it allows users to experience all its features comfortably for the whole month. And even if you think it is not for you, cancel your ExpressVPN subscription in Spain and claim a full refund with a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, it is like getting the strong obscure Amazon Proxy for free for a whole month! Not only this, but you also get an ExpressVPN free trial in Spain on a smartphone application to know all its features completely.
A yearly subscription with Express VPN costs just EUR 6.24/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). Moreover, if there is any VPN problem, 24/7 customer support can assist you on live chat.
If you want to look deeper into this VPN, then you can check out our ExpressVPN review in Spain.
- Fastest internet speed among all the competitors
- Internet kill switch
- Secure connection
- Effectively bypass Amazon Prime’s restrictions
- DNS/IPV leakproof
- Expensive than other VPN providers
2. Surfshark: Budget-friendly VPN for Amazon Prime Video
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries
- Unblocks Amazon Prime: Yes
- Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Hulu, and Disney+ accessibility
- Streaming devices: Android, iOS, Amazon Fire, Apple TV
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Price: EUR 2.15/mo (US$ 2.30/mo)
Surfshark is the best budget-friendly VPN For Amazon Prime if you are tight on the budget yet want to effectively get Amazon Prime streaming globally as it costs just EUR 2.15/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). Though it is not as old as its rivals, it has found its place in the top 3 VPNs to avoid Amazon HTTP Proxy errors. Surfshark maintains its supremacy in offering excellent security features, ultra-fast speed, and economical pricing plans.
Surfshark has over 3200+ servers in 100 countries. Surfshark’s unblocking ability for Amazon Prime in Spain to stream US titles was outstanding. As soon as we connected to its US-Buffalo server, all the US titles were ready to stream.
Moreover, the Surfshark speed test in Spain gave us an average download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an average upload speed of 76.12 Mbps over a 100 Mbps connection. This speed is fast enough to let you stream and access any media on Amazon Prime without glitches.
The best part about getting Surfshark is that you can connect it to as many devices as you want without losing the connection stability. However, do not abuse this feature, as connecting too many devices can start affecting speed.
Also, it comes with an automatic ad blocker. So, with Surfshark, you will avoid all the nuisance caused by long ads popping during video streaming.
Furthermore, you can use Surfshark on all the popular OS on digital devices. Thus, you can download it on smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, and computers. We had no issues setting up Surfshark on Amazon FireStick in Spain. It has a dedicated smartphone application for these devices to enhance user compatibility.
Surfshark offers an excellent internet kill switch, military-grade 256-bit encryption, and sophisticated technology to prevent DNS/IP leaks. Moreover, it does not keep any user logs and comes with a camouflage mode to disguise all your online information. Therefore, Amazon Prime can never detect you are accessing its content using a VPN proxy.
Also, with a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can always claim a complete refund. Moreover, if you want to test all the VPN features, you can get a Surfshark free trial in Spain on a smartphone for seven days.
Still, facing any problems while using Surfshark VPN? Contact the 24/7 customer support on the live chat and let them help you fix it for you.
Read more about this VPN on Surfshark review in Spain.
- Compatible with all OS
- Unblocks Amazon Prime Video
- No bandwidth limit – offer HD streaming
- Customer support lag
- Erratic P2P behavior
3. NordVPN: Largest number of servers to stream Amazon Prime
- 5500+ servers in more than 50 countries.
- NordLynx tunneling
- Unblocks Amazon Prime: Yes
- Other services unblocked: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Hulu, and Disney+.
- Simultaneous connections: 6
- Price: EUR 3.73/mo (US$ 3.99/mo)
NordVPN has the largest number of servers to stream Amazon Prime as it consists of 5500 servers across 60 countries. This means you can always shuffle to another if one has a problem. It helps you gain a lightning-fast speed without any bandwidth capping at 4K resolution. Moreover, this server variety helps you access content from any region around the globe.
While unblocking Amazon Prime using NordVPN in Spain, it gave us amicable results. As soon as we connected to the US-Atlanta server, all its American content was ready to stream readily.
Also, the NordVPN speed test in Spain gave an average download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an average upload speed of 44.64 Mbps over a 100 Mbps connection.
Moreover, not only Amazon Prime videos, NordVPN can unblock multiple other sites, including multiple Netflix libraries, Peacock TV, NOS, HBO, YouTube, etc. Also, it is compatible with the most popular OS like Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows. We had a great time testing NordVPN on FireStick in Spain and streaming a bunch of shows on various streaming sites.
NordVPN provides perfect DNS/IP leakproof privacy with 256-bit military-grade encryption. It is among a few VPN providers that offer a Double VPN technology backed by obfuscation features and an Internet kill switch. All these features make NordVPN one of the most modern VPNs to bypass geo-restriction on international streaming platforms like Amazon Prime.
Want to take the security game up? Pay on your NordVPN through cryptocurrency to keep your payment identity hidden too!
NordVPN’s two-year plan comes under EUR 3.73/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you can always ask for a full refund if you change your mind. Moreover, you can get a NordVPN free trial in Spain for 7-days on a smartphone application to help you gauge the application features.
If you still face any problems, meticulous 24/7 customer support is there to help you on live chat. Learn more about this VPN in our NordVPN review in Spain.
- Multiple servers globally
- Stable and fast internet connection
- Consistently unblock Amazon Prime Video
- Incredible privacy and security policies
- Updated regularly
- Accepts cryptocurrency for payment
- Torrent downloads glitches
- Non-user-friendly configurations of Open VPN
How Does Amazon Prime Block VPNs?
Amazon Prime uses these 3 methods to block VPNs:
- Amazon Prime blocks the IP addresses that your VPN is offering. Interestingly, hundreds of people can share the same IP address on the VPN, which is not possible for a home IP address. So, when Amazon Prime notices such huge traffic coming from a single IP address, it detects it as a VPN and bans it.
- Another popular method is carefully scrutinizing the DNS/IPV leak. Most VPNs present online leak a little of your private information over the internet in the form of DNS/IPV. Therefore, Amazon detects and knows you are connected through a VPN. However, powerful VPNs like ExpressVPN use state-of-the-art encryption protocols and avoid any DNS leak, so you can stream without hassle.
- Amazon Prime cross-checks your IP address with the database GeoIP provides. GeoIP contains the information of all the IP addresses of the VPN. So, as soon it detects that your IP is on the list, it will block you from the platform.
FAQs – How to Fix the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error in Spain
Will I get an Amazon proxy error while traveling abroad?
Yes, if you are traveling abroad, you may encounter an Amazon proxy error. So, carefully select your VPN to avoid such proxy issues. Our top recommendation for Amazon Prime Video is ExpressVPN.
Can a free VPN fix Amazon Prime proxy error in Spain?
No, free VPN services cannot resolve the Amazon Prime proxy error in Spain. Free VPN companies have lower server counts and only a few resources that do not give users good encryption and a dedicated IP address.
As they have less number of servers, Amazon Prime can easily detect Free VPNs when multiple logins occur from a single IP address. Thus, it blacklists free VPN IP addresses, which leaves you with an Amazon Prime VPN error.
What is the alternative method to fix Amazon Prime HTTP Proxy Error in Spain?
There’s an alternative method to fix Amazon Prime HTTP Proxy Error in Spain; Smart DNS Proxy. It’s capable of bypassing geo-restrictions just like any other VPN.
However, the catch is they only reroute a specific part of your connection which is your location. Another downside is they don’t hide or assign you a new IP address. They also fail to work properly if your ISP is using transparent proxies or DNS hijacking.
That’s why you’re better off using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Hopefully, now you understand how to fix the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error in Spain. Using a reliable VPN can help you bypass Amazon geo-restrictions and access your favorite show and movies. We recommend using ExpressVPN as it has the best connection speed and unblocking capability. Moreover, it provides its users with the best possible security and privacy protection.
In case you have any other questions, do not hesitate to comment below. We would be happy to help.