Rai TV is a national public broadcasting company of Italy. This company broadcasts an amazing variety of video-on-demand. These videos are available on its online platform RaiPlay.
Can I watch Rai TV outside Italy?
Yes, you can watch Rai TV outside Italy with the help of a VPN service, since the service is only available within the geological boundaries of Italy. However, if you try to access RaiPlay outside Italy without a VPN, you will see the following error message:
“The Streaming of the content is available in Italy only. We apologize for the inconvenience”
This happens because Rai TV has content licensing agreements with entertainment companies for the content they offer. It can only be accessed within Italy. When you try to watch Italian content somewhere other than Italy, you cannot access it because it is geo-blocked.
Follow these steps to unblock Rai TV outside Italy:
- Sign-up and Download PureVPN
- Install PureVPN application on your device
- Select an Italian server from the list of servers
- Now open Rai TV and stream your favorite content
Your ISP (internet service providers) monitors your location and blocks geo-restricted content before you could access it. However, if you can still watch your favorite Italian movies on RaiPlay use a VPN.
You will find various VPN service providers across the internet. However, we used PureVPN in order to access region-restricted content from Italy. It is one of the best VPNs to use for streaming and easy to set up.
PureVPN increases your privacy by replacing your original IP address with one of its own. You can obtain your new IP address from several gateways cities offered by the service provider.
Just select an Italian IP address in order to access Rai TV beyond Italian boundaries.
For example, if you are living in the US, PureVPN will make you appear to live in Italy and you will be able to access Italian entertainment channels on Rai TV.
What is RaiPlay?
RaiPlay offers its viewers a wide collection of Italian TV series, transmissions, documentaries, reality shows, movies, theater, kids’ shows, music and a lot more to choose from.
However, Rai TV is not accessible to its global viewers due to geographical constraints. Don’t worry. You can still access your favorite Italian shows. All you need is an Italian IP address to access web content on RaiPlay.
Rai TV channel list
Here is a list of channels offered by Rai TV:
- Rai 1
- Rai 2
- Rai 3
- Rai 4
- Rai 5
- Camera dei Deputati (TV channel)
- Rai Gulp
- Rai Italia
- Rai Movie
- Rai News24
- Rai Premium
- Rai Ladinia
- Rai Südtirol (TV channel)
- Rai Scuola
- Senato della Repubblica (TV channel)
- Rai Sport
- Rai Storia
- UniNettuno University TV
- Rai YoYo
How to watch Rai TV outside Italy on Kodi?
You can watch Rai TV on Kodi with the help of VPN. Like I mentioned before, we used PureVPN for this purpose. Using a VPN with Kodi enables you to overcome geo-restrictions imposed by the government.
The geographical restrictions keep you away from watching Italian content over the internet. But Kodi VPN enables you to access the blocked content by replacing your IP address.
Now it’s time to choose add-ons for Kodi.
Kodi add-ons to watch Rai TV
Fortunately, Rai TV is available in Kodi’s official repository. However, several users reported that the official add-on is not working anymore. So if the old version doesn’t work, I would recommend downloading the newer version from GitHub. Here are the steps you should follow to configure the add-on on Kodi:
- Download the ZIP file from GitHub using the following link and remember the file location where you saved the ZIP file as you’ll need it ahead: https://github.com/nightflyer73/plugin.video.raitv/
- Launch Kodi and go to Add-ons
- Click on the open box icon and hit Install from zip file
- Navigate to where you saved the ZIP file (it should look something like plugin.video.raitv-master.zip)
- Once you click the file, wait for a moment until you get a notification confirming that the installation is complete.
- Now go to the home screen and click Add-ons
- Go to Video add-ons and look up Rai On Demand
- Once the add-on is open, you can enjoy any content of your choice
How do I get an Italian VPN?
In order to get an Italian VPN, you need to follow the following steps:
- Get and open PureVPN app
- Click on the select location option and add your current location
- Now click on the global map option present on the sidebar
- Select an Italian gateway to obtain its servers
- Click on the server list and select one of the many Italian servers (famous locations include Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan)
- Once connected, your IP address is now replaced with a new one and you are free to stream Rai TV live
PureVPN is the best choice when it comes to access Italian content. Here are some of its best features:
- Fast Server
- Extremely easy to install and setup
- 750+ servers in 140+ locations
- PureVPN adds an extra layer of security to your network
- It has a kill switch to keep your data safe even when the connection breaks
- Split tunneling and compatibility with more than 20 devices are a few of the best features of PureVPN
- You can log in with 5 devices simultaneously using the same account
I hope that the guide was useful and you will be able to access your favorite Italian content. So if you are obsessed with Italian TV shows, you wouldn’t want to miss an episode even when you are traveling outside Italy. In order to access Rai TV outside Italy, you need to get an Italian IP address. You can easily replace your IP address using PureVPN.
Do remember to share your feedback and queries in the comments below. Happy streaming!