ExpressVPN is one of the most acclaimed VPNs in the industry and for good reason. The provider delivers consistently top-grade performance for users across the world.
However, not every product can satisfy the entire base of customers. The good thing is that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for users that are disappointed with the VPN for any reason.
So, in this article, I will guide you through the step-by-step process explaining how to cancel ExpressVPN and claim your refund.
Or if you want to find an alternative to ExpressVPN after canceling, you might want to consider PureVPN which offers great value for money.
Canceling Subscription to Get ExpressVPN Refund
- Go to the official site of ExpressVPN.
2. Through subscription, tap on Manage Settings.
3. You will see an Automatic Renewal Settings page on your screen.
4. Choose Turn off automatic renewal then confirm your choice on the next two pages.
5. When you see a message that says Automatic Renewal is now OFF for Subscription.
6. It means your subscription has been cancelled and you will not receive an invoice at the end of your subscription cycle.
7. Reach customer support through live chat or email and request your refund.
8. The representative will likely ask you for the reason you for the reason you are requesting the refund as a formality and then proceed with your request.
9. You should get your refund within five to seven business days after the confirmation of your refund request.
Note: You need to make your request within 30 days after purchase of subscription. After that time, the refund policy will no longer apply, but you can still cancel the subscription for the next billing period with the above method.
How can you cancel ExpressVPN subscription on Android?
If you got your ExpressVPN subscription through the Play Store rather than directly through ExpressVPN, the cancellation process works a little differently.
Here is how you can end your ExpressVPN subscription through Play Store:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Sign in to your Google account if you have not done so far
- Click “My Subscription” then “ExpressVPN subscription” that you want to cancel
- Click “Manage Subscription” and click “Cancel Subscription”
If you’re looking for more recommendations, see this article on VPNs for Anrdroid for more options.
How to cancel ExpressVPN on iPhone?
ExpressVPN subscriptions, obtained through iTunes/App Store, require a different procedure for cancellation. This is how it can be done:
- Go to “Settings menu”, click your name then tap on “Subscription”.
- Click “ExpressVPN subscription” you want to manage.
- Click “Cancel Subscription” to cancel your ExpressVPN account.
This way, you can cancel your subscription even if you are using ExpressVPN free trial feature.
For more ExpressVPN options, see this article free VPNs for iPhone devices.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN, like any other product out there, may not work for everyone to your satisfaction. If that is the case with you, I’d recommend cancelling the service as early as possible so that you may be eligible for receiving a refund. You can also try fixing ExpressVPN if facing problems.
However, to give this VPN a fair chance, let’s recount some of the benefits all ExpressVPN users can obtain. It’s possible that some parts of the VPN might not be working well for you, but others might still be valuable enough to make you want to continue your subscription:
- Bypassing Chinese censorship: Internet in China is heavily regulated and most VPNs don’t work within the country because these are banned by the government. But ExpressVPN works in China and has been offering its services for a long time in the mainland which is quite remarkable.
- Unblock torrents: ExpressVPN supports p2p-networking and unblocks torrent websites with remarkable reliability. Its robust network and protective features such as kill switch make sure that your torrenting sessions are safe and secure.
- Access Netflix: Fans of streaming services can undo Netflix’s geo-restrictons with ExpressVPN. The VPN supports various Netflix libraries including US, UK, Canada, Australia, and more.
ExpressVPN specializes in facilitating users having the above needs. So, if any of these characteristics of ExpressVPN overlap with your interests, then it might be worthwhile to consider continuing use of this VPN.
What should I do after cancelling my ExpressVPN subscription?
Once you terminate your ExpressVPN subscription, you must protect your online information in shape of IP address, DNS or WebRTC data. For that reason, you can check out our best VPN service 2020 list for services that can protect online privacy from unwanted people on the web.
If you’re looking for a single recommendation, PureVPN is a high-value, and top-performing VPN.
It is packed with features such as internet kill switch, Netflix unblocking, split tunneling, dedicated IP and so on at an amazing budget friendly price of $2.91/mo .
You can go through the below mentioned comparison between ExpressVPN and PureVPN that allows you select the right privacy option in the end:
|Jurisdiction||British Virgin Island||Hong Kong|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Speed||27.17 Mbps||26.01 Mbps|
|Server Network||3,000+ servers|
|Customer Support||Live Chat, Email & FAQs||Live Chat, Email & Ticket|
ExpressVPN’s money-back guarantee is one of its best features, especially because the company follows the policy in true letter and spirit. Just make sure to request your refund within the initial 30-days to get the refund. You can learn more about this VPN in our ExpressVPN review.
Have you cancelled ExpressVPN subscription? What was your experience like? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.