CyberGhost offers two kinds of refund policies in shape of 14 days and 45 days. You must know a few things in case you want to cancel CyberGhost subscription for any reason. If you have subscribed to its monthly plan, you can claim the refund within 14 days after subscribing.
Similarly, you can avail the refund inside 45 days if you have subscribed to CyberGhost’s yearly and other longer plans. You may also try and fix CyberGhost first before cancelling the subscription. But if you are fed up, then you shouldn’t waste one second longer and cancel the subscription so you may still be able to claim the refund in time.
There are other VPNs in the market like PureVPN that you can try out once you discontinue using CyberGhost. In this guide, I will let you know how you can get refund from CyberGhost without any hassle.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
Cancel CyberGhost & Request Refund – Quick Guide
- Visit CyberGhost official site and sign in to your account.
- Open “My subscriptions” and click “Turn auto-renewal off”.
- Contact customer support through email or live chat and request your refund.
- Wait 5 to 10 working days to receive the refund in your bank account.
CyberGhost Account Cancellation & Refund Processing – Step-by-Step
Cancelling CyberGhost, like most other providers, requires a few steps. The following step-by-step instructions are accompanied by images to help you better understand how you can cancel your account:
1. Visit CyberGhost and log into your account.
2. Open the “My subscriptions” tab and click on “Turn auto-renewal off“.
3. They will now ask you why you want to turn off auto-renewals. Select a suitable answer and click the “Deactivate auto-renewal” button.
4. The next screen will give confirmation that your auto-renewal has been turned off. Click “Back to my account“.
5. Now you can request your refund through either email or live chat. For faster communication, I recommend using live chat.
6. After clicking the support button on the bottom, type in a query and press enter. Then the live chat option will appear for you to click.
7. A representative will soon join the chat. Simply ask them that you want a refund. They will try and ask you if they can help you reconsider somehow, but they will promptly proceed to accepting your request after a little chat.
8. You will be given a time of 5 to 10 working days for the refund to arrive in your account.
How to cancel CyberGhost VPN subscription by Email?
For faster processing, I recommend users to request their refund through the live chat support of CyberGhost. However, it is also possible to claim your refund by emailing your request to the support team if you don’t prefer live chat communication or if it’s not working for any reason. Here’s how you can claim the refund through CyberGhost email support:
- Follow the steps as described above to deactivate auto-renewal of your CyberGhost subscription.
- After successfully turning off auto-renewals, open your email account associated with CyberGhost and compose a new email.
- In the subject line mention “Refund request” or something similar and simply ask for your refund in the body of the email.
- Send the email to [email protected].
You should receive a reply within 24 hours and will be given the same timeline for your refund to be processed i.e 5 to 10 working days.
How to Cancel CyberGhost Subscription Through Google Play
If you purchased your CyberGhost account through Google Play, you won’t be able to cancel directly from CyberGhost’s official website. Follow these steps to cancel CyberGhost on Android
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Hamburger button then click “Subscription“.
- Click the CyberGhost icon and tap cancel subscription.
How can I cancel CyberGhost subscription on iOS?
Subscriptions purchased through App Store for iOS devices can only be cancelled through the same. Follow the steps below to cancel CyberGhost through iPhone or iPad:
- From your iPhone or iPad, open the settings icon
- Select iTunes & App Store and click Apple ID
- Click view Apple ID and sign in via your iTunes password
- Tap on “Subscription” then click “Cancel Subscription”
- A pop-up message will appear on your screen that will confirm your cancellation
Note: You will need to request your refund by contacting the Apple support team and you will have to abide by Apple’s refund policies too.
What should I do after cancelling my CyberGhost subscription?
Despite terminating your CyberGhost subscription, you still need a VPN to protect your crucial personal information online. Therefore, you should go through our best VPNs 2020 list to hide your actual whereabouts be it IP address, DNS and WebRTC data.
I would recommend PureVPN based on my personal experience as the Hong Kong based provider delivers a comprehensive list of privacy features that include 2,000+ servers, internet kill switch, 10 multi-logins, dedicated IP, Netflix unblocking, 24/7 customer support and others.
Furthermore, you can use the service in China as it is included in the list of few VPNs that work in China instantly. After paying $2.91/mo , you can use all these above-mentioned exciting benefits at once.
Here is a brief comparison between CyberGhost VPN and PureVPN that helps you decide about your privacy appropriately:
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Speed||17.10 Mbps||26.01 Mbps|
|Server Network||5600+ servers|
|Customer Support||Live Chat, Email & FAQs||Live Chat, Email & Ticket|
CyberGhost is a decent VPN service, but not without its flaws. If you are unsatisfied with the VPN, then there’s no need to continue with your subscription. There are a lot of options out there and to CyberGhost’s credit, the company actually does have a legitimate refund policy.
So cancel your subscription while you’re still eligible for the refund. If you want to learn more about this VPN, you can see our detailed CyberGhost review.
Have you tried requesting a refund from CyberGhost in the past? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!