Surfshark is a good and safest VPN for downloading torrents in Canada. It offers P2P-optimized services on all its servers, along with robust AES 256-bit encryption and reasonably-fast speeds. Moreover, its Camouflage Mode, kill switch, and privacy-oriented no-logging policy keep your P2P activity anonymous from your ISP in Canada. All these features provide users with the best experience for Surfshark torrent in Canada.
When torrenting files, it’s important to keep your identity secure using the best VPN service in Canada. A VPN encrypts your traffic and hides your IP address so that P2P users and your ISP cannot trace and target you with copyright violations and malware.
But sadly, every VPN doesn’t support torrenting traffic in Canada, and most of them don’t offer the adequate security required to torrent safely and anonymously. That’s where the Surfshark comes in.
Surfshark is one of the most powerful VPNs for torrenting in Canada making Surfshark torrent in Canada a great combo. Its P2P-supported server network and fast speeds make Surfshark a great choice for online filesharing in Canada. We tested its service by analyzing its logging policy, the standard for encryption, and torrenting bitrate (average) and compared it to 40+ other VPN services.
In this guide, we’ll discuss all elements of P2P activity with Surfshark and the benefits and drawbacks of P2P activity with this VPN. So, how can you torrent with Surfshark in Canada? Let’s find out in the guide below!
Surfshark Torrent in Canada Performance – Quick Overview
Here’s a quick table for you to judge Surfshark torrent in Canada performance in one glimpse:
|Server Count||P2P-Optimized Servers||Average Bitrate||Port Forwarding||Logging Policy||Jurisdiction|
|3200+ and 3 server locations in Canada||All servers||8.4MiB/s||Not offered||Doesn’t collect identifiable data||The Netherlands|
Is Surfshark Really Good for Torrenting in Canada?
Yes, Surfshark allows quick and easy torrenting with unlimited bandwidth and fast speeds in Canada. Its entire server network support P2P activities, except in the countries where torrenting is forbidden. If you connect to any of those servers, Surfshark’s app will redirect your traffic to its torrent-friendly servers.
In short, Surfshark is pretty safe and a reliable choice for casual torrenters looking for an all-around-effective VPN in Canada. Furthermore, it’s also one of the cheapest VPN services in Canada that work great at unblocking global streaming platforms. This means that you can enjoy accessing Netflix with Surfshark in Canada, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and Disney+ with Surfshark.
Following is a table consisting of the pros and cons of Surfshark, considered specifically for torrenting in Canada:
- Torrent support on the entire server network
- No-logging policy
- Robust protocols and encryption
- No IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks
- Automatic kill switch
- Massive server network of 3200+ servers
- Offers a Camouflage Mode, MultiHop, Whitelister, and more
- Users won’t get any port forwarding support from Surfshark
- Surfshark offers slower torrent speeds than a few P2P VPNs
- May subject users to IPv6 leaks
- Every server isn’t P2P-optimized
Is Surfshark Fast Enough for P2P Activities in Canada?
Yes, Surfshark is fast enough for a reliable torrenting experience in Canada, as per our regular Surfshark speed tests in Canada. However, you cannot compare it to the fastest VPN services on the market, like ExpressVPN.
Following is a table that outlines Surfshark speed results while performing P2P activities in Canada:
|Avg. Speed Loss (US Server)||Avg. Speed Loss (Global Server)||Avg. Torrenting Bitrate|
By connecting to a local US server, we faced a speed drop of only 17% with Surfshark. Even though that’s not the fastest in the market, it’s still pretty fast. Using a local server, your IP address would be safe, and you’ll get faster speeds than an international connection.
Let’s not forget that Surfshark international servers are also really fast in Canada. When we connected to its Canadian server, we measured an average speed drop of only 25%.
Why is Surfshark Good for Torrenting in Canada?
Surfshark is good for torrenting because its servers are P2P-friendly and offer AES 256-bit encryption with reasonable torrent speeds in Canada.
While you can get a detailed workaround in our Surfshark review in Canada, here are a few reasons why Surfshark VPN torrenting in Canada is a great combo:
- Hide your IP address: Your IP address can be viewed or accessed by anyone checking out the seeders’ list while torrenting in Canada. The exposed IP can put you at risk as you can easily be targeted for DDoS attacks. Also, it can reveal your location from potentially unwanted and unexpected visits in Canada.
- Hide torrent activities from your ISP: If your concern is your Internet Service Provider snooping and monitoring your torrent downloads, then you immediately need to subscribe to Surfshark. The VPN will encrypt your data and pass it through a VPN server. This way, your ISP won’t be able to see which websites you’re visiting and what you are downloading in Canada.
- Bypass bandwidth throttling: When Internet Service Providers detect torrenting activities in your online traffic, they throttle your connection to slow down your download speed. Since Surfshark hides your torrenting activities, your ISP wouldn’t be able to throttle your download speed in Canada.
- Unblock restricted torrent sites: Another reason to use the Surfshark torrent in Canada combination is to access restricted torrent clients easily. Some countries block torrent sites in Canada because they play a significant part in distributing copyrighted content. But, Surfshark unblocks qBittorrent, uTorrent, and Bittorrent, and lets you torrent with them anonymously.
- Extensive torrent-friendly server network: Surfshark’s entire server network, consisting 3200+ servers in 100 countries and 480+ servers in 3 locations in Canada, supports P2P connections. While all Surfshark torrenting servers offer fast speeds, we highly recommend using the ones near your location for a more optimized connection in Canada.
- Robust zero-logging policy: Surfshark equips a strict no-logging policy in place. The provider does not store any personal information of the user, allowing safe browsing and torrent downloading. However, you will find it collecting the number of unsuccessful connection tries, aggregated execution data, and what’s your VPN usage.
- Extensive range of security features: The VPN offers a wide range of security features that are useful while torrenting. Surfshark’s kill switch blocks your internet if the VPN connection drops, the Camouflage Mode makes VPN traffic look like regular HTTPS traffic, and MultiHop provides multi-encryption by passing your traffic through more than two servers. Please note that there are no specific Surfshark torrent in Canada settings. You can simply enable these features from the Settings tab in the app.
- Whitelister: Surfshark’s Whitelister is a pretty useful feature for torrenting. Using this feature, you can route just your torrent client through the VPN server and encrypt it. This way, you’ll be absolutely secure while torrenting.
- Pricing: Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPNs out there, costing CA$3.09/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). Moreover, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re unsatisfied with the Surfshark torrenting setup in Canada and service for any reason, you can cancel Surfshark in Canada and request a refund within 30 days. For mobile devices, you can even get a Surfshark free trial in Canada.
If you face any issues while torrenting with this VPN in Canada, you can quickly refer to our Surfshark not working guide in Canada and get it back to work within a few minutes!
Surfshark’s Best Server for Torrenting in Canada?
Surfshark’s best server for torrenting completely depends on the country you reside in. That’s because the physical distance between where you’re located and your VPN server determines your connection speeds. Similarly, the number of users connected to a single server may also slow down your activity. The server can only process so much data at once, after all.
However, if you really want a specific option, then you can use Surfshark’s 24/7 live chat support to ask for the best Surfshark torrenting servers based on your country, torrent client, and Internet Service Provider.
How to choose a good Surfshark server for P2P in Canada?
You can always click on the Quick Connect button to choose a fast server for downloading torrents. You can also click on ‘Nearest Country’ above the servers list to get a server close to your physical location for fast speeds in Canada.
When you click on this feature, the VPN will choose one of the best Surfshark P2P locations closest to your country. For example, if you’re in Canada, just like us, then you’ll immediately be connected to a Australia server.
However, if you are looking for a specific list of torrent-friendly servers to connect in Canada, then we have compiled that for you. Following are some Surfshark server locations that are best for P2P activities:
- Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt)
- Poland (Warsaw)
Please note that we got this list directly from Surfshark’s customer support representatives, so you won’t be facing any issues while torrenting with these servers.
Drawbacks of Using Surfshark for Torrenting in Canada
As mentioned a couple of times above, Surfshark torrenting works great together in Canada. But, there are a few issues you need to address:
1. Surfshark doesn’t allow seeding in Canada
Surfshark doesn’t allow seeding on its server network in Canada. While we actually had 0 upload speeds while torrenting, we still confirmed it through their customer support representatives. While there were some exceptions while using uTorrent, the upload speeds were pretty low (2-3 KB/s).
2. Surfshark doesn’t offer port forwarding support in Canada
Surfshark does not support port forwarding because of obvious security risks in Canada. This practically means that it’s not as effective or easy to seed torrent files as various best VPNs. In fact, a few anecdotal reports suggest that Surfshark doesn’t support seeding at all.
Instead of relying on these reports, we addressed the issue on Surfshark’s live chat support and got the following answer in Canada:
Basically, they’re apprehensive that if they open up random ports, then they might create security vulnerabilities that hackers can exploit. Various torrenters prefer port forwarding as it enables them to connect to more peers.
What Do People Think About Torrenting with Surfshark in Canada?
When in doubt, visit Reddit and see how people address a certain issue. In our case, we wanted to see what Reddit says about Surfshark torrent in Canada together.
Despite the unavailability of port forwarding, Redditors really do love Surfshark. Let’s look at a few answers below:
How Can you Compare Surfshark to Other P2P-Friendly VPNs in Canada?
Surfshark is a good VPN for torrenting casually in Canada. With fast speeds, it encrypts your connection and secures your identity. However, there are better VPNs available for torrenting. like ExpressVPN Torrent in Canada and NordVPN Torrent in Canada, offer faster speeds while torrenting and have powerful P2P features.
We tested the average bitrate of Surfshark and compared it to 10 other torrent-friendly VPNs in Canada. Surfshark offered an average bitrate of 8.6MiB/s, compared to ExpressVPN’s 9.2MiB/s and NordVPN’s 8.4MiB/s.
All these VPN alternatives also equip features like a kill switch, split tunneling, and robust encryption. However, for more details, the following table will help you compare Surfshark with its competitors in Canada:
|VPN||Number of P2P Servers||Average Bitrate||Port Forwarding||Logging Policy|
|ExpressVPN||3000+ and 4 server locations in Canada||9.1MiB/s||Yes||No logs|
|Surfshark||3200+ and 3 server locations in Canada||8.4MiB/s||No||No logs|
|NordVPN||Hundreds of dedicated P2P servers and 480+ servers in 3 locations in Canada||8.7MiB/s||No||No logs|
|CyberGhost||Multiple torrent-optimized servers and 486 servers in Canada||7.5MiB/s||No||No logs|
|PIA||35000+ and 4 Server location in Canada||7.3MiB/s||Yes||No logs|
As per this comparison. it doesn’t look like Surfshark is doing a bad job at all in Canada. In fact, Surfshark torrent in Canada seems like a good combination.
What Protocol Will Be Most Privacy Focused For Torrenting Through Surfshark in Canada?
The OpenVPN protocol is a better option than WireGuard while using Surfshark in Canada. Even though WireGuard is mostly faster and more secure than OpenVPN, we highly recommend you use OpenVPN with Surfshark for comparatively faster speeds while downloading torrents.
OpenVPN is a widely used protocol, great for security and speeds alike. It offers two ports: UDP and TCP. However, UDP is the better port for torrenting with Surfshark as it offers a faster connection in Canada. Whereas, TCP is more on the reliable end.
FAQs – Surfshark Torrent in Canada
Which VPN is best for torrenting in Canada?
Does Surfshark save torrent logs in Canada?
Surfshark does not monitor or save any torrent logs or user data since they have a strict no-logging policy in Canada. In short, whichever torrent client you use, Surfshark won’t collect user data for any reason.
Is Surfshark safe for torrenting in Canada?
Yes, Surfshark is quite safe for torrenting in Canada. Its AES 256-bit encryption ensures that your connections are absolutely secure and safe. And since it comes with a no-logging policy, we can assure you of guaranteed anonymity. It has all the features that can make it the best VPN for torrenting in Canada. And that’s not all. Surfshark’s prices are also super-affordable.
Is VPN good for torrenting in Canada?
To bypass geo-restriction barricades and protect your privacy while torrenting in Canada, using a VPN is a sensible choice. With a VPN, your entire internet traffic is encrypted to ensure that no one knows what you’re doing, even while torrenting.
Does BitTorrent work with Surfshark in Canada?
We found that Surfshark is a safe and secure choice for torrenting in Canada. It supports torrenting across all its servers and works effectively with a wide range of torrent clients including uTorrent, BitTorrent, and qBittorrent.
Nonetheless, if you’re considering purchasing Surfshark for torrents, you shouldn’t be disappointed. Surfshark unblocks qBittorrent, uTorrent, and other clients within seconds and is a great option for every torrent fan out there. But, if you’re looking to get port forwarding support from Surfshark, then you might have to switch to any other premium option.
We hope you liked our Surfshark torrent in Canada guide. In case of any questions, just jot them down in the comments, and we’ll get back to you!