With growing internet restrictions and censorship in Canada, VPN services get banned frequently. Not only do the cyber authorities try to block Virtual Private Networks from carrying out their operations, but some of the popular streaming platforms disrupt users’ VPN connections in Canada.
Surfshark is a VPN that conceals user identity on the network and lets users get around the internet restrictions using camouflage mode in Canada, along with quality services at a low cost and newly introduced features.
Surfshark Camouflage mode in Canada is enabled by default, making VPN traffic appear as regular web activity to your ISPs. As a result, you can enjoy smooth streaming in Canada on Netflix with Surfshark and quickly set it up on different devices. Moreover, there is a Surfshark free trial in Canada for mobile users that they can avail of for 7 days.
Furthermore, you can cancel your Surfshark subscriptions in Canada if unsatisfied with the services.
This guide will explore the Surfshark Camouflage Mode and cover how to use this VPN feature.
What is Surfshark Camouflage mode in Canada?
Surfshark’s VPN Camouflage mode is an important feature that extracts all VPN traces from your internet connection to make it seem like a normal connection. In addition, it is an obfuscation technology for tricking your ISP into thinking you are not using a VPN for surfing the internet in Canada.
The primary purpose of camouflage mode is to avoid content filtration by masking your data traffic and making it hard to observe your activities. Moreover, its obfuscation servers let you use your active network ports if VPN ports are blocked in your region.
With camouflage mode, the security of your connection increases instead of dropping, allowing you to bypass network barriers and blocks easily. However, some internet service providers use deep packet inspection to detect if you are using any VPN service in Canada.
Although online activities are untraceable with a VPN in Canada, the encryption standards it uses can leave some detectable metadata behind. This can lead to your VPN service being blocked by the ISP in Canada.
Surfshark’s camouflage feature can stop your VPN from leaving any identifiable traces with the help of obfuscated servers. In addition, special algorithms are used to hide any signs left by your security app to mask VPN traffic completely in Canada.
However, if you want to go for a more secure VPN in Canada, you can use ExpressVPN. It uses a Stealth Mode feature to disguise your VPN traffic as regular traffic in Canada. Also, it helps you bypass VPN blocks in heavily restricted countries.
The Benefits of Surfshark Camouflage Mode in Canada
Camouflage mode is the protective shield for your digital privacy in Canada. This Surfshark feature tricks ISPs and snoopers by making it hard for them to detect your presence on the network.
Here are the benefits of Surfshark Camouflage mode in Canada:
- Enhance Your Security: Internet service providers can easily monitor your activities and store logs of whatever you do on the network in Canada. Camouflage mode improves your security using OpenVPN protocol in a tool called OpenVPN Scramble to blur VPN traffic. This strategy conceals OpenVPN traffic that it detects on the network, i.e. Surfshark provides best OpenVPN services in Canada. When ISPs use tools for monitoring and tracing OpenVPN metadata, Camouflage mode applies XOR cipher to jumble your traffic, leaving no VPN traces behind.
- Bypass Content Filters: Several websites utilize advanced inspection methods to detect and distinguish VPN traffic from regular internet traffic in Canada. Consequently, the connections with VPN IP addresses are blocked immediately. The online chatting platform Omegle works under this technique. However, with Camouflage mode in Surfshark in Canada, websites like Omegle find it tough to detect VPN traffic and even more complicated to block the connection. This is why Surfshark is also listed as the best Omegle VPN in Canada.
- Geolocation Spoofing: Just like some websites can easily detect VPN IP connections. Many sites can also identify connection requests coming outside the region (where citizens own TV licenses). Surfshark’s camouflage mode makes VPN traffic look like regular internet traffic and ensures that the data transferred to your connection seems to be coming from within Canada.
How to Enable Camouflage Mode In Surfshark in Canada?
To run the Camouflage mode in Surfshark in Canada, ensure you have the OpenVPN protocol running. This protocol is enabled by default, due to which the camouflage mode runs automatically without activation. First, however, you need to ensure OpenVPN protocol accessibility.
Follow the given steps to verify if you are using OpenVPN:
- Then, get the Surfshark subscription and sign up if you already have an account. Then, grab amazing deals on its 2-year subscription plan.
- Download and install the Surfshark app for your device
- Launch the Surfshark app and add your credentials (email address and password set while registering) to log in when prompted. Click on Log in.
- Select Settings and then click VPN settings.
- Scroll down a little, and under the Protocol option, click on Automatic. From the drop-down list, go and choose OpenVPN (UDP or TCP).
- Press “Connect,” and your camouflage mode will get enabled on the Surfshark app.
What Is VPN Obfuscation?
Obfuscation is simply a technology used by VPNs and Tor in Canada.
Most VPN service providers have strategies to hide the software making your VPN traffic look like regular internet traffic. Different VPNs use different names of techniques to enable obfuscation, but the intent and foremost principle of each method remain the same.
All the VPN providers that claim to offer obfuscated servers can conceal VPN traffic by making it look the same as that via a direct internet connection. VPN obfuscation helps hide your online activities from snoopers and ISPs.
With obfuscated servers, you can bypass internet censorship in regions that restrict VPN traffic, like China. Moreover, you can access region-specific content without further investigations or blocking.
How do you use camouflage mode in Surfshark in Canada?
Camouflage mode in Surfshark is simple and easy to use in Canada. Camouflage mode automatically runs on connecting to Surfshark servers that use OpenVPN (UDP or TCP) protocols. You can even change the protocol in the Settings menu of the Surfshark application to fine-tune it yourself.
Where is camouflage mode in Surfshark in Canada?
Camouflage mode is enabled by default in Surfshark VPN in Canada. To use Camouflage mode in Surfshark, log in to your Surfshark App if you have already purchased its subscription plan. Otherwise, get a Surfshark deal and then proceed next.
Download and install the Surfshark app, which is currently available for almost every device, including Windows, Android, Linux, macOS, and iOS.
Simply go to Settings and select Advanced to open the Protocols list. Next, select any one of the OpenVPN options. Surfshark Camouflage mode in Canada works with all of the options extensively.
Surfshark is one of the most cost-effective VPNs in Canada. It offers unique security protocols with high-end privacy protection standards. One such example is the Surfshark VPN’s camouflage mode, which ensures ultra-deep privacy protection on the network.
Camouflage mode is ideal for getting around website restrictions and accessing geo-banned content in Canada. This technology is enabled by default with OpenVPN and can be changed from the application settings.
Learning the Surfshark camouflage mode in Canada how to use helps you significantly enjoy VPN services on various devices and platforms. We recommend trying Surfshark VPN under a 7-day free trial on downloading its app on Android and iOS or exploring the services with the 30-day money-back guarantee. If you still have further queries, you can head to our Surfshark review in Canada for answers.