You can easily set up ExpressVPN on NAS Synology using OpenVPN configuration files through our guide.
Synology has been a widely acknowledged device when it comes to securing file storage and sharing for both personal and business users.
However, to ensure the best safety for your files such as videos, photos, and even documents, a VPN comes as the perfect tool to help you achieve that. Especially during file transfers that could be vulnerable to interception and hacking on your Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices.
Thankfully, you can use ExpressVPN on Synology in Canada for encrypting your data and protecting it against online threats. Learn more about ExpressVPN through our ExpressVPN review in Canada.
Now, let’s see how you can set up ExpressVPN on Synology in Canada and protect your data storage.
How to Set up ExpressVPN on Synology in Canada
To set up ExpressVPN on Synology in Canada, follow the steps below:
First stage: Get account credentials:
Second stage: Create and set up your new VPN profile
Before you proceed to the next stage, ExpressVPN recommends users switch off IPv6 on their device to avoid any potential data leaks. You can learn more about this on ExpressVPN for Synology in Canada on its official website.
The third stage: Connect to the VPN server
Why you should use ExpressVPN on Synology in Canada
ExpressVPN does not only ensure the complete anonymity of your Synology files, but it also guarantees a premium user experience. These advanced features mentioned below will further enhance your privacy and security while using Synology.
1. It is constantly optimized to deliver the fastest speeds possible when you surf the web. You can confirm this using our ExpressVPN speed test in Canada.
2. It provides a 24/7 customer support service that allows you to receive real-time solutions to any problem you might encounter when using ExpressVPN.
3. The global server location feature offers you the ability to access your files remotely from anywhere in the world without being limited by geo-restrictions.
4. IP masking ensures your anonymous identity on the web.
5. ExpressVPN kill switch in Canada called Network Lock that stops your system from accessing the internet if your VPN connection suddenly drops.
6. “All-device’’ compatibility ensures that all your Synology gadgets can work with ExpressVPN in Canada.
7. Some of its best features include AES-256 encryption which keeps all your files out of the reach of snooping parties including hackers, ISPs, or even the government while transferring to and from Synology. Because of these robust security features, ExpressVPN is also named as the best VPN for QNAP NAS in Canada.
8. ExpressVPN Split Tunnelling feature allows your device to bypass VPN services on some of its functions.
9. A strict no-logs policy ensures that your web activities are never monitored or recorded
10. You can also torrent through ExpressVPN’s P2P-optimized servers in Canada.
11. ExpressVPN is also great for streaming. You can unblock Netflix with ExpressVPN in Canada easily.
If ExpressVPN is not for you, check out these other best VPNs for Synology in Canada. Perhaps you might find something a lot cheaper.
How much does ExpressVPN cost per year?
ExpressVPN offers three subscription plans including ExpressVPN’s 12+3 months free plan which comes at a price of $6.67 per month after a 49% discount.
This plan is the most popular one and also the cheapest. Further ExpressVPN plans are listed below:
Why use a VPN on Synology in Canada?
One major reason why you should use a VPN on Synology in Canada,is for data protection. A VPN keeps your internet traffic secure and encrypts NAS files. It reduces the risk of important files getting hacked. A VPN also masks your IP address, thus offering online anonymity.
Which VPN is best for Synology in Canada?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Synology in Canada as it follows a strict no-logs policy and offers the best encryption with perfect forward secrecy. It also offers its proprietary Lightway protocol with 3000+ servers in 94 countries.
There’s absolutely no need to take any unnecessary risks with the files stored on your Synology NAS. ExpressVPN on Synology in Canada are a great combination when it comes to safeguarding your important files over NAS networks. Subscribe to a VPN and give yourself peace of mind that your personal or business data will always be protected.