OnePlus smartphones run on Android OS. As is the case with every Android phone, security vulnerabilities and privacy leaks is always a threat to be wary of. Using a Top VPN in Canada to keep your OnePlus phone is one of the most basic steps you can take towards boosting your online privacy in Canada.
In this article, I’m going to explain why a VPN is important and how to setup VPN on OnePlus in Canada.
Installing VPN on OnePlus through Play Store In Canada
The easiest way to get a VPN on OnePlus in Canada is through the Play Store. Here’s how you can do that:
- Subscribe to a strong VPN like ExpressVPN.
- After subscribing, launch Play Store from your phone and search for ExpressVPN.
- Download the ExpressVPN app on your OnePlus.
- Launch the app and enter your login credentials are provided by ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a VPN server of your choice and you’re good to go!
Manually Setup VPN on OnePlus In Canada
For the simple reason that the app you’re trying to get might not be available in Canada or in your local Play Store version due to government restrictions. In that case, the manual setup is the way to go.
But don’t worry. It is simple enough to configure a VPN manually on your OnePlus device in Canada.
- Now, you will be presented with a pop-up showing “Edit VPN profile”. Enter the details as provided by the VPN provider and hit save.
- Enter your username and password and hit connect (we’re using ExpressVPN for this demo, but all other VPNs can be set up this way).
Upon successful connection, a confirmation icon will appear on the notification bar, indicating that you’re now under the protection of your VPN.
Why Should I Use A VPN for OnePlus in Canada?
There are more than a few good reasons why you should use a VPN for OnePlus in Canada:
- Online privacy: Privacy threats abound on the internet. Android users face these threats regularly in one form or the other. Though a VPN can’t protect you from all threats on the web, it does a great job of hiding your identity online and keep your tracks invisible while staying in Canada.
- Unblocking streaming sites: A VPN also comes in handy if you want to access popular streaming services in Canada like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc. These are either geo-restricted or offer different titles for every different region. A VPN helps bypass these restrictions in Canada with ease.
- Uncensor the web: Many countries have strict censorship laws and keep popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. blocked. With a VPN, you can easily unblock these websites and enjoy unrestricted access on OnePlus in Canada.
Final Words – Setup VPN on OnePlus in Canada
Considering the threats to netizen’s data privacy, a VPN is an ideal solution for reliable protection against the most devastating cyber threats. Moreover, the VPN services mentioned in this guide will not only protect you from the worst cyberattacks, but will allow you to circumvent the imposed geo-restrictions and access unlimited geo-blocked sites in Canada.
So, go right ahead and setup VPN on OnePlus in Canada to avoid any unforeseen privacy leaks affecting your online life.