Twitch TV may be a popular streaming service offering live gaming streams. However, some countries and places have this service blocked in their proximity. To access Twitch TV in Canada, you’d require a VPN service.
Twitch TV is an amazing video live streaming service with millions of subscribers worldwide. Twitch regularly hosts E-tournaments, live commentaries, news, and even demos of new upcoming games.
Despite being an amazing platform to consume countless hours of addictive content, Twitch TV is blocked in some countries like India, Russia, and China. Even schools and workplaces enforce network restrictions to discourage people from accessing it.
If you try and access twitch.tv over restricted networks such as the one available in your school, you will receive the following geo-restriction error:
That being said, you can easily unblock Twitch TV at your work, school, or in Canada with strict censorship laws with the help of VPNs.
We tested multiple VPNs for this. However, our top recommendation remained ExpressVPN due to its 3000+ servers, amazing unblocking capabilities, and super-fast speeds.
How to Watch Twitch TV in Canada (5 Easy Steps)
Follow these five easy steps to watch Twitch TV in Canada:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service (ExpressVPN is our top choice).
- Install its app on your device.
- Launch the VPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a US server (ExpressVPN’s San Francisco server is super fast).
- Visit www.twitch.tv and enjoy Twitch TV you like.
Best VPNs to Watch Twitch TV in Canada 2023-Quick Overview
Here are the three best VPNs for Twitch TV in Canada:
- ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch Twitch TV in Canada. Offers 3000+ servers worldwide with multiple servers in 25 locations of the US. Available at CA$ 9.08/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) . Also offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and five multi-logins.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch Twitch TV . Available at an affordable price of CA$ 3.13/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) and comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Offers 3200+ servers worldwide with 600+ US servers in 23+ cities. Offers unlimited multi-logins.
- NordVPN – The Fastest VPN to Watch Twitch TV. Offers 5500+ servers worldwide with 1970+ servers in 15 locations of the US. Available at CA$ 5.43/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) and comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and six multi-logins.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Twitch TV in Canada?
You require a VPN to watch Twitch TV in Canada and places where its content is blocked due to licensing restrictions and agreements. Restrictions like these would make you miss out on a variety of live streams.
Due to this, you require a VPN to access Twitch TV. A VPN would connect you to a server where Twitch TV is available, like the US, and let the streaming service think that you’re accessing it from within that country.
However, you’d require the best VPN service for this. Out of all the VPNs in the industry, our top recommendation is ExpressVPN .
The Best VPNs to Watch Twitch TV in Canada [2023 In-Depth Analysis]
Since not every VPN you may find online can help you unblock Twitch TV in Canada, choosing the right VPN can be a tricky job. To make your life easier, we have compiled a list of some VPNs that offer thousands of servers worldwide that can help you unblock Twitch TV no matter where ever you may be:
1. ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch Twitch TV in Canada
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Twitch TV in Canada, thanks to its 3000+ servers, amazing speeds, and fantastic unblocking capabilities.
Using any of these servers, you can access Twitch TV in your country. We tested its San Francisco and Los Angeles servers, and both of them unblocked Twitch TV in about 2-3 minutes, which was great.
We started enjoying League of Legend streams on this service and could do it for the entire day with no buffering signs. When tested ExpressVPN for speeds in Canada, it offered an average speed of 83.43 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
This VPN is compatible with various devices, including iOS, Windows, Android, FireStick, macOS, Smart TVs, Kodi, Roku, and more.
ExpressVPN also offers powerful features like DNS leak protection, preventing Twitch TV from detecting your real IP address. As a result, you can watch your favorite content on Twitch TV at your school, workplace, or you can imagine.
ExpressVPN’s kill switch in Canada is great as it disconnects you off the internet in case your VPN connection drops.
Lastly, ExpressVPN allows you to use a single subscription plan with 5 devices at the same time. It comes at a price of just CA$ 9.08/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you want to test out the service.
Learn more about this VPN in our detailed ExpressVPN review in Canada.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch Twitch TV in Canada
Surfshark is one budget-friendly VPN to watch Twitch TV in Canada. Along with 3000+ servers and powerful geo-block bypassing capabilities, this VPN does a great job at accessing Twitch TV even while being a cheap VPN service in Canada.
Speaking of servers, its Latham and Denver servers are particularly ideal for unblocking Twitch TV. We could unblock the streaming service using these servers within 4-5 minutes.
We tried streaming Call of Duty: Warzone and Fortnite using this VPN and had a great experience. Throughout streaming, we did not experience any buffering at all.
We tested Surfshark for speeds in Canada, and it delivered an average speed of 81.32 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
Surfshark offers a user-friendly app for multiple devices. We set up Surfshark on a router in Canada, and it delivered a reliable service on our devices. We even used it on our FireStick, and it worked great.
Surfshark offers a variety of security features, including a MultiHop feature that routes your traffic through multiple servers to add extra layers of protection to your connection. It also offers a kill switch, CleanWeb, DNS leak protection, and more.
One of the major perks of purchasing Surfshark is that it allows you to use a single subscription plan on unlimited devices. As for pricing, Surfshark starts at CA$ 3.13/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) and comes with a 30-day refund policy.
2. NordVPN – The Fastest VPN to Watch Twitch TV in Canada
NordVPN is the fastest VPN to watch Twitch TV in Canada, due to the super-fast speeds on its massive server network of 5500+ servers.
We tested NordVPN’s New York and Denver servers with Twitch TV, and both of them were able to unblock the live streaming service within 2-3 minutes.
We ended up enjoying multiple Fortnite streams using this VPN, all thanks to its blazing-fast speeds and no lags. When tested NordVPN for speeds in Canada, it delivered an average speed of 84.43 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
You can use NordVPN on iOS, Android, Windows, FireStick, macOS, Kodi, and more. We set up NordVPN on PS4 in Canada, and it worked just fine.
You can enjoy being safe while streaming on Twitch TV through its security features. These include CyberSec, obfuscated servers, kill switch, Nordlynx, DNS leak protection, and more.
Another cool thing about NordVPN is that it gives you the freedom to simultaneously use a single subscription plan on up to 6 devices.
As for pricing, you can get NordVPN at a price of CA$ 5.43/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). All of its subscription plans are covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee which is also quite impressive.
How to Register for a Free Account on Twitch TV in Canada?
Follow these steps to sign up for a Twitch TV free account:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN and connect to its US server.
- Head over to the official website of Twitch.
- From the top-right, click on Sign up.
- Enter your details like a username, email ID, and password, and hit the sign up button.
- You will receive a verification code after this in your email. Enter the 6-digit code, and you’ll be redirected to the Twitch TV page.
- After this, just click on your favorite stream and enjoy!
How to Watch Twitch TV on Devices in Canada?
You can access Twitch TV through its website or just download its application. Twitch TV offers a dedicated app for multiple devices, including Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, FireStick, PS4, Nvidia Shield, and more. Let’s look at a few guides for devices:
How to Watch Twitch TV on macOS and Windows in Canada?
- Subscribe to a VPN and download its dedicated apps for Windows and macOS ExpressVPN is our top choice for this).
- Sign in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Connect to a US server.
- Head over to the Twitch website and look for the ‘Download Apps’ page.
- Within the Desktop Apps section, download the Windows and macOS apps of Twitch.
- Create a Twitch account or sign in to an existing one.
- Open the app and enjoy!
How to Watch Twitch TV in Canada on Android and iOS
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and download its dedicated app for Android or iOS.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to its US server.
- Go to your Google Play Store and search for the Twitch app and click Install.
- After installing, log in to your Twitch account or create one for free.
How to Watch Twitch TV in Canadaon Amazon FireStick
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and install its app from your Amazon Store.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a US server.
- Search for Twitch in the Amazon Store.
- Download its app, login or create an account, and enjoy!
FAQs-Watch Twitch TV in Canada
What is Twitch TV?
Twitch TV is one of the largest on-demand video game streaming services that provide live streams, videos, or clips of Dota 2, HearthStone, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Overwatch & other games to its users.
How can I signup for a free Twitch account?
You can signup for a free Twitch account by selecting the “Sign Up” option given on the website. After creating an account, you can interact with the community and broadcasters through chat and receive alerts from broadcasters, and most importantly, you can broadcast your own games.
Can I use a free VPN for Twitch TV in Canada?
You should avoid using free VPNs to watch Twitch TV in Canada since they don’t offer a multitude of servers to their users. Aside from providing unreliable connections, they offer poor speeds and may keep an eye on your online browsing activities too. This is why we highly recommend a premium VPN like ExpressVPN for Twitch.
Can I watch Twitch TV on Roku in Canada?
Amazon, a couple of years ago, removed its official Twitch channel from the Roku Players. Therefore, you cannot watch the channel on Roku now in Canada, but the existing Roku users who had installed the Twitch channel on their Roku players previously can still use the Twitch TV channel.
Can I watch Twitch TV on Apple TV in Canada?
You can watch videos of different video games after downloading and installing Twitch TV’s interactive Apple TV app. But to watch Twitch TV on Apple TV in Canada, you’d require a VPN service.
Twitch TV has a lot of content to offer, but sadly, it is blocked in some countries, and schools and workplaces don’t permit you to access it on their networks.
The only solution to bypass such restrictions and access Twitch TV from in Canada and globally is to use a VPN. Speaking of VPNs, we strongly recommend using ExpressVPN to watch Twitch TV in Canada.
This VPN has a world-class reputation and is perfect for unblocking all sorts of geo-restrictions. Along with super-fast speeds and great unblocking capabilities, it also offers a 3-month free subscription on its annual plan, which is fantastic.
If you have any questions, just ask us in the comment section below. Happy Streaming!