Online streaming is a bit different in China as compared to the United States. In China, the video sites rely on advertisement for revenue instead of paid subscribers.
This means there is plenty of free content, both local and international available on these sites.
Tudou is one of the free video sites in China that can be a good source of free content.
But can you watch Tudou outside China?
In fact, in our latest test, the website seems to be working perfectly without a VPN.
Still, that might be temporary case.
To make sure that you never face trouble while accessing Tudou, you need a good China VPN service.
Background: What is Tudou?
Tudou Inc. is the largest video-sharing website that had reached 170 monthly unique visitors in 2010. This website has only grown since then.
The massive media library of Tudou offers a brilliant mix of video blogging, original video, movies, clips, music videos, documentaries, TV shows and much more.
Do You Need a VPN to Watch Tudou Outside China?
As of now, you don’t.
But this could just be a temporary glitch.
Tudou could go back to being blocked without you even realizing.
A VPN circumvents the imposed geo-restrictions on various local Chinese websites such as Tudou, Youku, Sohu, Baidu and much more, while giving you restriction-free access to almost all Chinese sites and services on you smart phone, laptop, PC and tablet.
Let’s say that you wish to unblock WhatsApp in China. Only a VPN can make this possible.
Following VPNs are fully tested and offer a range of VPN servers in China, which allow you to unblock any restricted website or app instantly from anywhere in the world.
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Best Affordable VPN
$2.95 Per Month
Exclusive Discount 1 year Plan
Best Budget Service
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Geo-Unblocking
$2.99 Per Month
3 Years Plan
Best for Streaming
$6.67 Per Month
No Exclusive Offer
Best for Private Browsing
$2.75 Per Month
3 Years Deal
Now when you know about the best Chinese VPN services for Tudou. Here’s how to watch Tudou outside China:
- Make an account on VPN provider’s site (Best VPN Servcies mentioned above)
- Next, Select a VPN package plan of your choice
- Make payment and checkout
- Now download the VPN app on your device
- Upon successful download, open the VPN app
- From the VPN app, connect to a Chinese server
- Once connected successfully, access Tudou and watch unlimited videos from anywhere. Enjoy !
Unblock Tudou Outside China Using a VPN
There is no doubt that Tudou is one of the best on-demand entertainment services in China. But, strict censorship laws and data monitoring regulations have brought down tech giants like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Wikipedia and much more in the past.
While numerous sites and services are blocked in China, the local Chinese sites are unavailable in the main parts of the world. This is unjustified for the fans who wish to watch their favorite Chinese shows on Tudou from abroad.
Fortunately, a VPN is the most cost-effective and safest solution to unblock Tudou. A VPN masks your IP address with a Chinese server, allowing you to bypass the imposed geo-restriction by using a Chinese IP address. However, not all VPN providers offer server in China. The reason lies on:
- Higher server maintenance cost
- Limited bandwidth
- Rigorous censorship laws
This is the reason free VPN for China are hard to find.
How to Watch Tudou on iPhone
Millions of iPhone users wish to watch original, animation, drama, music, movies, 360-degree HD videos and news on Tudou. However, fans face error displaying that the video is available in the Mainland China only. To get around with geo-restrictions and enjoy watching your favorite shows on iPhone, here’s how to watch Tudou on iPhone:
- Subscribe to one of the VPN providers (mentioned above)
- Download the VPN app of the provider through iTunes
- Install the VPN on your iPhone
- Launch the VPN app and enter your username and password and hit enter
- Next, Connect to China server
- Upon successful connection, go to iTunes and download the Tudou app
- When downloaded successfully, open the Tudou app and enjoy watching countless hit videos on your iPhone from anywhere in the world.
How to Watch Tudou on Android
Android users can equip their devices with the Tudou app available in Play Store; the Tudou app will allow you to watch countless TV shows, movies, favorite videos and more on your device. Here’s how to watch Tudou on Android devices:
- Subscribe to one of the VPN providers
- Next, download the VPN app from Google Play Store
- Install the VPN on your Android.
- Now launch the VPN app, enter your username & password and then hit enter
- Connect to a server based in China
- Once a connection is established, go to Play Store to download the Tudou app
- After you have downloaded the app successfully, open Tudou & enjoy watching unlimited entertainment on your Android.
Chinese Video Sites besides Tudou
You are likely to find a plethora of Chinese video content scattered across the web. Best way to browse this content is through the Baidu search engine.
If you wish to access the Chinese and English content directly, we got you covered too.
- Watch Bilibili Outside China
- Watch American Netflix in China
- Watch IQIYI Outside China
- Unblock Youko Outside China
If you’re a Tudou fan and love to watch a range of movies from outside of the China, then VPN is the perfect companion to evade the imposed geo-restrictions.
Some people on twitter believe that Tudou is hard to watch any restrictions.
Streaming Tudou was a special kind of hell
— MDPNu'est (@onedarkwindow) August 18, 2018
Hence, you can imagine the frustration of Netizens if it ever goes back to being geo-lacked.
A VPN will not only unblock Tudou in your region (in case it is ever blocked again), but will give you access to countless popular websites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, The New York Times, Tumblr and even Torrents & P2P files. A VPN is a one-stop solution for unlimited on-demand entertainment from any corner of the world.
Your feedback is important to us. Let us know if this article was helpful?