Google Voice is a free service for sending text messages, make phone calls, and send voice mail. The service gives you a US phone number that you can use for all your devices and services. As a result, you can use just your one Google Voice number across all your devices without needing to have a separate SIM-based number for all your phones.
However, this service only works in the US and you won’t be able to get a Google Voice number outside of the US. There is a way out of this problem.
To get your number, you will need a VPN that has servers in the US, but there are more steps involved in this process than simply turning on your VPN.
This guide explains all the necessary steps you need to perform to get your Google Voice phone number.
How can I get free Google voice number outside the US
In order to get a free Google Voice number, you must first have a valid US IP address on your PC/laptop. In order to attain it, connect to any USA VPN that offers its servers in the United States. Before we move on with the procedure, let us start with the most basic thing here to get a free Google Voice number.
Following are some of the VPN services that will provide you servers in the US to help you get a US IP address and then later free Google Voice.
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Overall Best VPN
$6.67 Per Month
12 Months + 3 Months Free
Fastest VPN Service
$2.49 Per Month
2 Year Plan
Best for Geo-Unblocking
$3.71 Per Month
2 Year Plan
$3.33 Per Month
Exclusive 2 Year Offer
Best for Private Browsing
$2.25 Per Month
3 Years + 3 Months Free
How can I setup Google voice account outside the US
The process is easy and convenient. It would not take you more than 15 minutes to get a free Google Voice number and account. You may follow the below described steps to ensure the process is done smoothly.
- Get a US phone number in case you don’t have one already
- The overall process will not take any longer than 5 minutes and you will end up having a local US phone number registered against your name
- You must have downloaded the Express Talk softphone while getting yourself a US phone number
- launch it and activate your US phone number
- Now open voice.google.com on your web browser
- Should it prompt you with a geo-restrictions error, clear your cache and browsing history and try again
- Now it is time to choose a Google Voice Number
- Enter the US area code and select the number of your choice
- Alternatively, select a number that is available to you
- Enter the pin-code consisting of 4 digits and accept Terms and Conditions to continue.
- In the next screen, enter your US cellular number. It will ring every time someone dials your Google Voice number.
- Now click on “Call Me Now” and Google Voice will ring you on your local US phone number using the Express Talk software. Use the dial pad of the ET software and enter the confirmation code to ensure your Google Voice Number is fully verified.
- Once your number is verified, your number will be ready to use to make local and international calls for free using free Google Voice service.
How can I use Google voice app for iOS or Android
Interestingly, you can make unlimited outgoing calls through your Google voice number. Above all, you may opt Google voice apps for iOS and Android. Here is how you should do:
- Use the Google voice app’s built in dialer and contact list on your iOS device
- You will need to have an iOS 9.0 or later to use Google voice app
- You can also some older versions like iOS 7 to use Google voice app
Similarly, you can take benefit from your Android device that allows you to make calls with your Google voice number. Here is the list of steps you should follow:
- Google voice app assimilates with the phone’s native dialer from your contact
- You can use your keypad or click the number in a different app
- The app helps you in making international calls from your cell phone or Google voice number
Source Credit: Prepaid Phone News
Which app should I use for Calls, SMS, Voice or Hangouts
Fortunately, you have arrived at the right place. This is because I have got you covered from this angle too. You should use Google voice app for everything. Yes, you read it correctly. You may send text messages to your loved ones and at the same time, you are free to make unlimited calls.
How can I use Google voice as my phone service?
Reddit has become one of the most sought platforms that allow you to solve your queries in a timely manner. Interestingly, you can discover the famous community to know if you can use Google voice as your phone service or not.
As per the response of one Reddit follower, you can surely avail Google voice in the form of contact number.
Benefits of using Google Voice number
The advantages of using Google voice number are countless. If you have a US IP VPN at your disposal, you can make unlimited texting and calls from anywhere securely and anonymously. Here is the list of various benefits that includes:
- You can make calls even if you do not have Google voice app
- Google voice number allows you to make free calls over Wi-Fi through Hangouts
- You can send text messages with Google voice
This is how you can enjoy using Google voice number according to your own terms.
Source Credit: Google
Google Voice is a telephonic service that lets you make domestic and international calls. It also lets you send free text messages. Though the service is highly geo-restricted and needs a free Google Voice number registered against your US cellular number to function, it can work if you have a valid US IP address.
Google voice is a call forwarding and voice mail service that provides you a new phone number you can avail for a lifetime.
The Google Voice lets you send free text messages and make free local and international calls in the United States. In this guide I have told you about how to get a free Google Voice number outside the US to make and received free calls from anywhere in the world.
I hope you will make the most of it. Do let us know what you think of it.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section given below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?