Here’s how to cancel HBO Max subscription on the website, ios, android, or even cable if you’re considering dropping the service in the near future. Assuming recall the email address you used to sign up for the service initially and connect to ExpressVPN.
HBO Max is a streaming platform owned by WarnerMedia, which provides access to a vast library of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and original programming and if you find trouble visiting the platform you can use a reliable VPN to access HBO Max outside US, but if you’ve decided to cut back on your streaming budget as the colder months approach. We understand!
Besides, the rebranding to Max marks the integration of HBO Max and Discovery Plus, providing users with a seamless and comprehensive streaming experience.
Who charges you for HBO Max?
Before you can cancel your HBO Max membership, you’ll need to find out who is billing you for the service and/or where you originally signed up for an HBO Max account. Subscriptions to HBO Max can be purchased directly from HBO Max or through a third-party billing service (which is where you signed up or who bills you for HBO Max).
If you’re a subscriber to HBO Max, you could have done so by downloading the HBO Max App for iOS, HBO Max for Android, or the App for Samsung TV. If that’s the case, your subscription is handled by one of those companies.
How to Find out Who Bills You?
You may see who is billing you for HBO Max by visiting the website and then doing any one of the following:
- Mobile device: phone or tablet. First, go to your profile by clicking the profile symbol in the upper right corner. Next, select the settings cog, and last, select the subscription option.
- Computer: In the top-right corner, click on your profile name. From there, select Settings. From there, select Subscription.
- Smart TV, select the gear symbol for Settings and then select Account.
You’ll be able to see from that page which is billing you for your membership (only available with Adult profiles). You may also check with your TV service provider for this information or go to your bank statement.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription using Website?
Everything about it seems fantastic, like a bargain you’d never want to end. However, if you change your mind and want to know how to cancel HBO Max subscription, you can do so from any computer, tablet, or smartphone with an internet connection. These are the methods to cancel your subscription:
- First, get a VPN and connect to the New York server quickly.
- To access your account, please visit the HBO Max website.
- To access your profile, select your name from the menu that appears when you log in (top right).
- When the drop-down menu appears, choose “Subscription” from the options shown.
- You may manage your subscription by clicking the link in the left navigation bar.
- You may end your subscription at any time by selecting that option from the menu on the page’s right side.
- Just pick up your excuse to back out.
- When you’ve decided on a justification, click the button labeled “Yes, Cancel Subscription.“
- Now, please verify the subscription end date that was provided on the confirmation page. As an added bonus, you’ll have the option to continue your membership at any time.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription using iOS and Android
If you’d want to know how to cancel HBO Max but don’t have access to a computer right now, you may do it from any iOS or Android device, including an iPad.
- Connect to the US server of your VPN App.
- Get out your mobile device and fire up the HBO Max app. The next step is to select the “Profile” button after you have logged in.
- The bottom right corner of the home screen is where you’ll find it. Then, select “Settings” from the menu that appears. It has the shape of a gear and may be located in the top left corner of the display.
- It is now time to select “Billing Information” from the subsequent screen. From here, you’ll see one of two choices, depending on the service provider you subscribe to.
- If “Manage Subscription” appears, select it; if not, continue until you reach the “Cancel Subscription” option and do so. However, proceed to Step 4 if the only option you see is “Learn More” and not “Manage Subscription.”
- You should select the More Info link whenever you see it. When you click it, a list of companies that provide HBO Max will appear. The methods for cancelling a subscription are provided here; simply find your provider and follow them.
How to Cancel HBO Max Through Hulu
You may save money by purchasing a package deal that includes both HBO Max and Hulu if you so want. It’s fantastic that the costs are so comparable. However, the procedure for terminating your HBO Max membership is a little different. When you’re ready to stop paying for HBO Max on Hulu, just follow these simple instructions:
- Please log in to your Hulu account.
- To change your subscription settings, go to “Your Subscription” in your account and then select “Manage Plan.”
- Check for HBO Max, and turn off the switch if it’s not already set to “X.” Choose the “Review Changes” tab now. Then and there, HBO Max’s service will be terminated.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription Through a Cable Provider
If you no longer wish to receive HBO Max, you may do so by contacting your cable company directly. Here’s how to cancel your HBO Max subscription if you choose this route:
- Go to the HBO Max homepage and sign in with your account details.
- Access your profile by clicking your username. Put your mouse on the top right corner of the screen, and you should see it.
- Just go ahead and hit the “Subscription” button.
- Determine who your subscription service provider is by looking at their name.
- You may then cancel your membership by contacting the service’s customer support team or going online to do so.
When you sign up for HBO Max, you’ll be able to link it to an existing HBO subscription through your TV provider. It’s possible that terminating your subscription will also terminate your regular HBO service.
How much does HBO Max cost?
- Premium, commercial-free service is available for $14.99 per month.
- The monthly cost of the advertisement-supported plan is $9.99.
HBO’s ad-supported streaming program for HBO Max was finally released in June 2021 after months of buildup.
HBO Max’s new “artful” advertisements will be available to all subscribers, but those who pick the lower tier will have access to fewer premium services. The maximum resolution for a streaming video on the basic plan will be 1080p. Not all content will be available for offline viewing, and only the standard plan’s users will be able to see new movies on the day they’re released.
Subscribers on the ad-supported plan will be able to see these films after a delay of several months following the close of the US theatrical release windows for these films.
Has HBO Max rebranded itself in 2023? HBO Max and Discovery Plus merger answered
Yes, HBO Max has embraced a new identity in 2023 and rebranded itself as Max, introducing exciting changes to its streaming service.
Can I cancel my HBO Max subscription at any time?
You can end your HBO GO service at any moment, no questions asked. This may be accomplished via the HBO Max website or mobile app, depending on your subscription plan. Your HBO Max membership may need to be canceled through the third-party service through which you originally subscribed, such as iTunes or Google Play.
How do I cancel my HBO Max account on my TV?
Go to your TV’s app store, find the HBO Max app, and choose it to cancel your membership. That’s where you’ll find the link to your subscription’s settings, where you may terminate your membership if need be. You’ll need to cancel your subscription in a way that’s compatible with your TV’s platform. If you want to cancel your Apple TV subscription, for instance, you’ll need to access the device’s iTunes & App Store settings.
Is HBO Max hard to cancel?
Rather, it’s simple to stop paying for HBO Max service. If you no longer wish to subscribe to HBO Max, you can do so either via the website or the app, depending on your selected plan. Your HBO Max membership may need to be canceled through the third-party service through which you originally subscribed, such as iTunes or Google Play.
What is HBO Max cancellation policy?
During the first 30 days of your HBO Max membership, you can cancel at any time for a full refund. You may no longer request a refund once the initial 30-day period has passed. Canceling your HBO Max membership may require contact with the third-party service through which you originally subscribed, so keep that in mind if you purchased HBO Max through an outlet like iTunes or Google Play.
Why is it Max and not HBO Max?
The decision to name it Max instead of HBO Max reflects the intention to create a unified streaming experience that transcends individual brands and provides viewers with a diverse and comprehensive range of content.
We hope now you know how to cancel HBO Max subscription from the website, ios, Android, or Hulu. The procedure of cancelling your HBO Max subscription is straightforward, although it differs slightly depending on the device you’re using. If you want to stop paying for the App but no longer use it, you must cancel your subscription as well. Furthermore, if the streaming service is not working properly you can check our guide to fix HBO Max not working in your region.