Japanese internet users get access to a ton of cool games and apps that’s are unfortunately only available in Japan. Because of Google Play’s geographical restrictions, people outside of Japan are unable to download Japan only apps. This can be quite disappointing for a lot of people, especially those living abroad.
However, there is a way to easily bypass geo-blocks. With the help of a VPN and a Japanese Google Play account, you can download any Japanese app you can ever imagine.
In this guide, I will show you exactly how to access Google Play Japan from anywhere in the world in just 3 simple steps.
Step 1: How to Access Google Play Japan with a VPN
Interestingly, Google Play Japan offers exclusive apps such as eAmusement, Gitadore, and Taiko no Tatsujin which are popular among smartphone geeks around the world. Now, if you want to get these apps on your Android phone or tablet, then you must have a Japanese Google Play account.
But, before you create a Japanese Google Play account, you need to spoof your location to Japan. For that, the following best VPN services will allow you to switch your digital location to Japan within a few seconds. In this way, you will be able to access Google Play Japan from anywhere in the world freely:
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Overall Best VPN
$1.48 Per Month
Early Black Friday 5 year Plan
Fastest VPN Service
$2.21 Per Month
2 Years + 3 Months Free Deal
Best for Geo-Unblocking
$3.71 Per Month
2 Year Plan + 3 Months Free
Best for Streaming
$6.67 Per Month
12 Months + 3 Months Free
Best for Private Browsing
$2.25 Per Month
3 Years + 3 Months Free
Step 2: How To Make A Japanese Google Play Store Account
Now that you know about the best Japanese VPN services, you’re all set to download popular Japanese apps on Android. Here’s how to access Google Play Japan:
- Select from one of the best Japanese VPN (preferably PureVPN)
- Go to the official site of selected VPN provider & make an account over there
- Choose a suitable payment method and make payment
- Next, download & install VPN software on your device
- Enter your username & password to login
- When logged in, go to the server list and select a country as Japan, and hit connect!
- Upon successful connection, signup for a Google account here, and make sure to choose your location as Japan
In this way, you will be able to make JP Google Play account within a matter of a few minutes.
Step 3: How to Download Japanese Apps on Android
When you have successfully created a Japanese Google Play Store account, you’re ready to install tons of traditional applications from Google Play Japan. Here’s how to install Japanese apps on your Android device:
- Access settings of your Android phone
- Scroll to Manage applications and hit enter
- Find Google Play, tap on it and select clear data & clear cache
- Now, create a Japanese google play account
- Now, go back to the menu, find and launch Google Play
- Next, sign in using the freshly created Japanese Google Play Store account
- As soon as you sign in, you will be able to download Japanese apps from the Japanese Google Play Store hassle-free
Google Play stands among the world’s largest smartphone application stores. Having over 2.56 million apps, Google Play is the prime preference among Android users. But with the geo-restrictions imposed on popular Japanese apps, Android users are unable to download a lot of popular apps outside Japan.
But this guide shows you how to make a Japanese Google play account instantly without any restrictions. After reading our step-by-step guide, we hope you now know how to access the Japanese Google Play Store easily from anywhere in the world.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?