Watch every UFC fight from anywhere with the best VPN for UFC!
UFC brings a lot of high-intensity action from the notoriously brutal ring called the ‘octagon’. From knockouts and blood to technical submissions and broken bones, watching UFC fights is always a spectacle. Whether you’re a hardcore UFC fanatic or just an occasional viewer, finding out how to watch the UFC fights can be baffling.
ESPN carries the coverage of UFC events and is considered the most authentic platform to watch any UFC fight. However, owing to content licensing agreements, ESPN is geo-restricted outside the US. To watch UFC from anywhere, you need a US IP address and you can get that using a premium VPN for UFC outside US.
You must be wondering ‘which is the best VPN for UFC?’ As per our extensive experience, only a Premium VPN like ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch UFC on ESPN+ or other streaming platforms carrying ESPN, such as Sling TV, FuboTV, YouTube TV, and Hulu+Live TV.
Let’s explore the 3 best VPNs for UFC in detail.
Quick Overview – Best VPN for UFC outside US
Before we jump into a detailed rundown, here’s a quick overview of the best VPNs for UFC outside US:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for UFC outside US. Offers reliable and fast servers in 23+ US locations. Unblocks ESPN+, Sling TV, YouTube TV, FuboTV, and other streaming options.
- Surfshark: Pocket-friendly VPN for UFC outside US. Offers reasonably priced subscription plans with unlimited simultaneous connections. Available for as low as $2.05/mo .
- NordVPN: Largest Server Network VPN for UFC. It boasts a network of 1970+ servers in the USA to unblock ESPN and all UFC broadcasting channels.
Jump straight to learn:
Best VPN for UFC outside US | FAQ
Why do you need VPN to watch UFC outside US?
Since the UFC has a strict geo-restriction policy in place on its coverage, you can’t access its partner streaming channels like ESPN+ outside the United States. To overcome these location barriers, you need a VPN to watch UFC outside US.
When you try to access ESPN+ outside USA without using a premium VPN app, it gives the following error:
“We are sorry, an unexpected error occurred”
Geo-restrictions are linked with your physical location, and streaming services like ESPN+ have smart tools to detect your whereabouts through the IP address of your streaming device. Luckily, you can evade these restrictions using a VPN app – which will trick the streaming service into thinking that you are watching from its licensed area of coverage.
However, you must choose the best VPN for UFC outside US because premium VPN services frequently update their servers and IP addresses to avoid any detection. ExpressVPN is arguably the best option due to its reliable and updated servers.
Best VPN for UFC outside US (In-Depth Analysis)
The choice of VPN is an important factor if you want guaranteed access to live UFC coverage outside the United States. Hence, we tested a long list of VPN apps based on key factors like network size, unblocking features, speed, security, and compatibility. Based on the results, here are the 3 best VPNs for UFC:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for UFC
- MediaStreamer (Smart DNS)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 25+ US server locations including New York, Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta
- Downloading speed of 89.64 Mbps
- Simultaneous connections: 5 devices per account
- No bandwidth limit for HD streaming
- Available for $6.67/mo (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for UFC outside US as it offers a massive network of reliable servers and trailblazing unblocking features. Its fast speed makes it the Best USA VPN to watch UFC action in HD without any buffer or delay.
This VPN features more than 3000 servers in 94 countries, inclusive of 25+ server locations in the US. We tested its New York server and managed to stream UFC’s original series without any problem. Using these servers, you can easily stream UFC through ESPN, Sling TV, FuboTV, and YouTube TV. It’s also the best VPN to watch Paramount+, Hulu, Disney+, and Netflix US.
We used ExpressVPN’s New York server to unblock ESPN+ and stream UFC matches:
On a 100 Mbps ExpressVPN speed test, we got an ultra-fast downloading speed of 89.64 Mbps and an uploading speed of 84.64 Mbps.
ExpressVPN is compatible with Linux, Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. You will get up to 5 simultaneous connections per subscription. Furthermore, its MediaStreamer feature allows you to stream geo-restricted content on major streaming devices such as Apple TVs, Gaming Consoles, and Samsung Smart TVs. You can use this SmartDNS feature to watch UFC on FireStick and Roku with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN allows you to browse geo-restricted content while safeguarding your data privacy and security. AES 256-bit encryption, Double VPN, Lightway Protocol, Kill Switch, DNS Leak Protection, and No-Logging Policy are all integrated into its smart apps.
Even if ExpressVPN is a bit more costly than its competitors, it is well worth the expense. ExpressVPN costs around $6.67/mo (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Customer service is also available 24/7. Users who join up through mobile phones can also enjoy a 7-day free trial with ExpressVPN. Learn more in a review of ExpressVPN.
- MediaStreamer feature
- 25+ server locations in the US to unblock UFC on ESPN
- Outstanding unblocking powers
- Improved data security and privacy
- Bitcoin option for anonymous payment
- 24/7 live customer service
- Costs more than the majority of similar VPNs
- There are no streaming servers mentioned
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for UFC
- Whitelister (Split-tunneling) feature
- Over 3200 servers in 100 countries, and 600+ servers in US
- Downloading speed of 81.32 Mbps
- Simultaneous connections: Unlimited devices
- Unlimited bandwidth and lightning-fast servers
- Pricing plans for as low as $2.05/mo (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
Surfshark is an excellent pick among the top VPNs for UFC outside US due to its inexpensive pricing. You can get its long-term plan for a modest monthly fee of $2.05/mo (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It also offers a 30-day risk-free cash-back policy.
This VPN has a vast network of more than 3200 fast-speed servers scattered over 100 countries, including 600+ servers in 23+ US cities. We tried its Los Angeles servers and were able to successfully circumvent the geo-blocks of UFC. IT can unblock ESPN+, YouTube TV, and Hulu+Live TV.
We used Surfshark Buffalo server to unblock ESPN+ and stream UFC matches:
You can also use Surfshark US servers to watch HBO Max, Paramount+, Disney Plus, and Netflix US with Surfshark outside the US.
When we conducted the Surfshark speed test on a 100 Mbps connection, it performed exceptionally well, with a download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps. Because of its lightning-quick connections, you can enjoy UFC fights in ultra-HD quality.
Surfshark offers a unique policy of unlimited connections per subscription, which sets it apart from other premium VPNs. It is available for download on Linux, macOS, Windows, and iOS. Moreover, you can configure Surfshark on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Smart TVs, and Game Consoles.
WireGuard, AES-256 Bit Encryption Protocol, Multi-hop, and Camouflage mode are some of the key security and privacy features provided by Surfshark.
Live technical support is ensured by the provider round-the-clock. In addition, potential customers may take advantage of a 7-day free trial of Surfshark by signing up via mobile devices.
This VPN can best be compared with NordVPN, and if you are interested, you must check out the Surfshark review.
- 600+ servers in the US for ESPN and UFC
- Pocket friendly
- Fast connections for live streaming
- Unlimited simultaneous connections to stream UFC on multiple devices
- A stringent no-logs policy
- Multi-hop servers encrypt the sensitive data
- Provide 24-hour technical help and email support
- Changing servers will take a little longer
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN for UFC
- Double VPN feature for added encryption
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries, with 1970+ US-based servers
- Downloading speed of 83.82 Mbps
- Simultaneous connections: 6 devices per subscription
- Uninterrupted bandwidth for bufferless streaming
- Available for $2.05/mo (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
NordVPN has the largest server network in the US for streaming UFC. This well-known VPN offers 5500+ high-speed servers in 60 countries, including 1970+ US servers.
You can easily access UFC on ESPN, UFC Fight Pass, Sling TV, and Fubo TV by using its US servers. Its cutting-edge Nordlynx Protocol enables quicker speeds, ensuring high-end streaming of fast-moving sports like UFC in 4K resolution.
NordVPN also allows you to access HBO Max outside the US without any hassle. It’s also a reliable choice to use to access different Netflix libraries with NordVPN worldwide. We used NordVPN Atlanta server to unblock ESPN+ and stream UFC matches:
On a 100 Mbps connection, the NordVPN speed test performed reasonably well. It can reach up to a lightning-quick download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps.
With a single subscription, NordVPN can be accessed on up to six devices at the same time. This secure VPN is compatible with iOS, Linux, Android, macOS, and Windows. It also has a SmartPlay mechanism for deploying VPN configurations on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Smart TVs.
It is well-known for offering significant privacy and security measures. Along with AES-256 Bit Encryption and Server Obfuscation, NordVPN’s No-logging policy safeguards your privacy. Other best-known features are Network Kill Switch and IP Leak Protection.
The long-term subscription plan from NordVPN is reasonably priced at $3.49/mo (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). These subscription options include a 30-day refund guarantee. You can also grab a 7-day NordVPN free trial by joining through your mobile phone. In addition, customer service is available all day.
Check out our extensive NordVPN review.
- 1970+ servers in the US
- Allow access to all UFC broadcasting platforms
- The security configuration is adaptable
- A rigorous no-logs policy to preserve your internet privacy
- Customer service is accessible
- 30-day money-back assurance
- The OpenVPN setup is untrustworthy
How to Choose the Best VPN for UFC
Due to the huge number of VPNs available, picking the best VPN takes so much work in order to find the right VPN for UFC outside US. There are many free and premium VPNs that do not live up to the claims they make and the service is just not right for you.
If you are a new VPN user, you may want to try out the first VPN you find that is free, but it is not recommended. When selecting a VPN to recommend to our readers, we test it with caution and through different protocols to find the best VPNs for UFC. The VPN should meet all the requirements that are needed to unblock UFC.
Here is the methodology that we use to test VPNs features and provide you with the best VPN for UFC outside US:
- Speed: The first and one of the most important features a VPN should have is a steady downloading and uploading speed. The speed of your network is important when you are streaming sports events like UFC to provide seamless streaming without any lags and buffering.
- Servers Network: The larger the server network a VPN has, it has the better chance to provide you with a lag-free fast connection. The large server networks usually allow you to select your new virtual location server manually so you can pick the one that you have tried and tested.
- Bandwidth restrictions: Some of the premium VPNs also put a cap on the bandwidth that you are allowed to use in a specific time window. Meaning, that if it happens in the middle of your game streaming it will shut down. We always recommend such VPNs that offer and deliver unlimited bandwidth promises.
- Logging policy: Users’ online anonymity and privacy depend on the VPN’s logging policy. If the VPN offers a no-logs policy, rest assured that your personal data or any online activity record is never stored. It’s the most active way to make sure that your streams are private and secure from any harm.
- Device Compatibility: In contemporary times, streaming live sports is not just restricted to TVs and PCs. so a premium VPN should offer multiple versions that can work on different devices like your smartphone, tablet, TV box set, or even streaming devices. The best example of this is ExpressVPN. That offers the MediaStreamer as well as the dedicated apps to make sure that it can be connected with all streaming devices.
UFC stream not working with a VPN?
If you are using a VPN but still not being able to access the UFC stream, it may be because your VPN is not working effectively. The potential reasons behind your VPN not working can be:
- The VPN server you are using got detected and then blocked by the UFC broadcasting channel.
- Your IP address was not masked properly and was leaking.
- Your browser cookies that are still saved on your device snitched on your actual location.
- The VPN provider in use is not strong enough to bypass the geological restrictions.
How to fix it?
Here are some of the fixes that you can try one by one to resolve such errors:
- Delete your browser’s cookies and cache history.
- Turn on the DNS leak protection by going into the settings of your VPN.
- Switch your browser.
- Contact the customer support of your VPN for further guidance.
If the solutions given above do not help solve your issues of your VPN not working with the UFC stream then maybe it is time that you consider changing your VPN provider. We have recommended our tested VPNs that you can give a try, and that is definitely robust enough to unblock UFC streaming for you. Another plus is that these VPNS come with a money-back guarantee of 30 days.
VPNs to avoid while choosing a VPN to watch UFC?
Even though a VPN service is mostly affiliated with unblocking geo-restricted content, at the same time a VPN service is also used to acquire online anonymity and personal privacy and security. But it is not the same with every VPN app as not every VPN out there is trustworthy.
In fact, a few VPN services are like black sheep in the industry. These VPNs are quite shady and should be avoided in any case.
A free VPN app named Hola VPN is a service that can not be trusted at all and is not a reliable source to access geo-restricted content. In the T&C of this VPN, it has been explicitly stated that it may and can track or record its user’s personal data. So, better to be safe and avoid using this VPN app in any case. You can read more about this VPN in our Hola VPN review.
Hoxx VPN is another VPN provider that you should avoid using to stream UFC outside US. This VPN offers no premium security features or privacy tools. This VPN is also known for leaking users’ IP and DNS information. You can read more about this VPN in our Hoxx VPN review.
Hide My Ass
Another VPN that you should avoid using is Hide My Ass. It is a known VPN that offers fair service. However, it did not pass our security tests and failed terribly. Furthermore, it does not offer the WireGuard protocol. For more details, check our HideMyAss review.
FAQ – Best VPN for UFC outside US
Is it legal to watch UFC with a VPN?
Yes, absolutely it is legal to watch UFC with a VPN. It is against the geo-restricted channel Terms and Conditions policy if you use their service out of its allocated region. So, if your VPN is caught by the service, it will be blocked for violating its T&Cs. But you can always pick a different server to access your favourite sports events of UFC.
Can you watch UFC with a free VPN outside US?
Yes, even though it is possible to watch UFC with a free VPN outside US it is not an encouraged way to access any geo-restricted platform. It is because most of the time, free VPN servers are already blocked by the streaming service and due to being a free service its servers are not maintained regularly.
Also, the extensive load of traffic on free VPNs makes their working servers slowest which will give you the worst experience ever when steaming UFC. Another reason you should avoid using a free VPN is the compromised security and privacy features so get a premium VPN.
ExpressVPN is our top priority VPN when it comes to watching UFC outside US.
Can you watch UFC using ExpressVPN outside US?
Yes, you can watch UFC using ExpressVPN outside US, just follow the steps below:
- Get an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Connect to a US server available. We recommend using the NewYork server of ExpressVPN.
- Open the channel website that is broadcasting the UFC.
- Enjoy using the best VPN for UFC outside US!
In this guide, we have addressed your valid question ‘can you watch UFC with a VPN?’ In fact, you no longer have to miss out on live UFC coverage and exclusive content with the best VPN for UFC. If you are traveling abroad or currently living in a country where UFC coverage isn’t officially available, then a premium VPN like ExpressVPN is the need of the hour.
A top-quality VPN service not only helps you bypass geo-restrictions of the streaming services but also enhances your online security and privacy. Premium service uses top-notch encryption protocols and trailblazing tunneling methods that can safeguard your digital presence.