With around 217 million monthly active users, Spotify is perhaps the most popular music streaming platform in the world. But despite being this popular, Spotify is limited by regional copyright licensing issues, thus, it can only be accessed in a handful of countries. Unless you use a Spotify VPN, you’ll see this error message.
“Spotify is currently not available in your country” OR “This track is not available in your country”.
Keeping that in mind, I’ve come up with a list of 6 Spotify VPN that can help you listen to all your favorite songs from anywhere in the world.
But first, a brief overview of the best VPNs…
- PureVPN – A powerful VPN service. Provides over 2000+ for streaming all your favorite songs.
- Surfshark – A super affordable VPN. Offers 1000+ servers to help you unblock Spotify anywhere in the world.
- NordVPN – A VPN service with over 5600 servers and powerful unblocking features.
- ExpressVPN – A blazing fast VPN for streaming on Spotify. Has over 3000 servers capable of delivering lag-free streaming.
- CyberGhost – A well-specced VPN with over 5500 servers worldwide.
- Ivacy – A budget-friendly option suitable for unblocking streaming content
6 Best VPN Providers for Spotify
While there might be plenty of VPN that can unblock other music streaming platforms like Soundcloud, not a lot of VPN apps work with Spotify.
So after testing a ton of VPN services, here are the top 6 recommended Spotify VPN apps in 2020:
1. PureVPN – Best VPN for Spotify
Let’s start with PureVPN. This is a Hong Kong-based VPN provider offering 2000+ servers in 140+ countries worldwide. Despite offering a plethora of servers around the world, PureVPN is the best cheap VPN costing just $2.91/mo.
Not only that, but PureVPN is also pretty good at delivering surprisingly fast steaming speeds. As a result, you can listen to quality songs on Spotify without any lags or quilty drops.
Best of all, if you don’t end up liking PurePVN, you can always get a refund with their 31-day money-back guarantee.
You can also read our PureVPN Review for more details.
2. Surfshark – Best Affordable VPN for Spotify
Despite being almost free, Surfshark still packs a lot of features. Speaking of which, Surfshark offers 1000+ fast servers, powerful encryption and much more to help you access Spotify regardless of your location.
Last but not least, Surfshark also comes with a full 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can also read our Surfshark Review for more details.
- Premium features for a bargain
- Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
- Super affordable
- Offers fast streaming speeds
- Small server park
3. NordVPN – VPN with Great Coverage
If you want a VPN with thousands of servers, NordVPN is perfect for you. With NordVPN 5600+ servers park, you can easily unblock from anywhere in the world.
Not only that, since NordVPN uses obfuscation technology, Spotify will have no idea you’re accessing it from a restricted region.
Despite all the awesome features that NordVPN offers, this VPN service is quite affordable. For the cheapest plan, NordVPN only costs $3.49/mo .
In addition, NordVPN also comes with an extensive 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can also read our NordVPN Review for more details.
- 5600+ servers capable of unblocking Spotify
- Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
- Obfuscation technology
- Some servers tend to work slow
4. ExpressVPN – Fastest Streaming VPN
With a top-class global reputation and 3000 servers worldwide, ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPN in the market. Due to its speed, it would be safe to say that it’s also one of the best streaming VPN out there.
Aside from world-class streaming speeds, ExpressVPN also offers features like Kill switch, Split tunneling, and tons of other features to help you unblock Spotify and other streaming services.
But unlike other VPNs in this list, ExpressVPN is pretty expensive. Even the cheapest plan for ExpressVPN costs $8.32/mo . But despite being expansive, ExpressVPN still comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can also read our ExpressVPN Review for more details.
- Blazing fast VPN
- Excellent customer support
- No logs
- Is considerably more expansive
5. CyberGhost – Secure and Compact VPN
Last but not least, we have CyberGhost. This is one Romania based VPN service that can seamlessly help you unblock Spotify.
Not only that but with CyberGhost’s massive servers park, you’re not going to encounter network congestions. Aside from that, CyberGhost also offers features like powerful encryption and awesome mode selection.
But best of all, CyberGhost is very reasonably priced. Their cheapest plan will only cost you $8.32/mo . Even more impressively, all CyberGhost subscription plans are covered by a full 45-day money-back guarantee.
You can also read our CyberGhost Review for more details.
- Offers 5600 servers worldwide
- Provides top-notch customer support
- Offers 1-day free trial
- Has powerful protocols and encryption
- Usual connectivity issues
6. Ivacy – Best in Unblocking Popular Streaming Content
Ivacy offers decent streaming speeds that allow you stream millions of songs from anywhere on your preferred devices without any hassle. Through smart connect feature, you can connect to your desired server from the list of 1000+ servers right away.
Likewise, the service is an excellent choice for torrenting as you can download your desired torrents from anywhere securely. In terms of pricing, you can get its monthly subscription as low as $2.25/mo .
You can also read our Ivacy VPN Review to know about the service in detail.
- Offers 1000+ servers all across the globe
- Delivers customer support 24/7 365 days
- Offers a free trial that lasts up to 24 hours
- Provides a comprehensive list of protocols and encryption
- Users may face connectivity problems
How to use a VPN to unblock Spotify?
Here’s how you can use a VPN to unblock Spotify:
1) First, Pick a VPN of your choice.
2) Next, Purchase a subscription plan (I prefer using PureVPN as it only costs $1.65/mo)
3) Next, download your preferred VPN app on to your device
4) Once downloaded, launch the VPN app and enter your login credentials
5) Now, connect to a VPN server from the US, or from other countries where Spotify works
6) Finally, launch theapp and enjoy Spotify restricted music from anywhere in the world.
How to choose the right VPN for Spotify?
When it comes to selecting the best VPN for Spotify, you have to consider different factors. In my opinion, you should consider these factors:
- Server count
- Connection speed
- Strong customer support
How Does a VPN help me access Spotify?
A VPN allows you to stream and download songs by replacing your original IP address with an IP of a region where Spotify is available.
This way, you will not only be able to stream your favorite songs online but if you sign up to get Spotify Premium for a free trial, you will get access to ads-free songs and will be able to download any song of your choice.
Best of all, Spotify VPNs are quite affordable. For instance, if you go for Surfshark, you’ll only pay $1.99/mo.
How Spotify Geo Restrictions Work
Just like most geo-restricted services, Spotify can also block access to foreign IP addresses. Whenever you connect to the internet, you are assigned an IP address by your local internet service provider.
This IP address also contains you geo-location. Think of it as your home address.
Anyways, if you access Spotify from a restricted region, Spotify will first verify your IP address, and then block you from accessing the service. Kinda like Netflix’s proxy error.
In order to get past the annoying ordeal, all you need a reliable VPN with tons of server worldwide to bypass Spotify rather absurd geo-restrictions.
Free VPN for Spotify
Free VPNs for Spotify are a big NO. Most often than not, free VPNs are associated with selling your data to third parties in exchange for monetary returns. Other than that, free VPNs come with data caps and won’t let you consume too much bandwidth.
Due to these reasons, we do not recommend users to use free VPNs with Spotify.
To enjoy unhindered streaming for hours, make sure you use a premium VPN for Spotify.
Free VPNs for Spotify that you should avoid
- Hotspot Shield
Spotify Availability Worldwide
There is no denying Spotify has turned out to be a global music streaming platform that allows users to fulfill their musical needs. Here is the list of countries where Spotify is accessible that includes:
|Asia||Japan, Israel, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.|
|Europe||Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.|
|Latin America & the Caribbean||Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay.|
|North America||Canada, United States|
|Oceania||Australia, New Zealand|
How can I Change My Country in a Spotify Account?
If you are contemplating how to change your according in your Spotify account, I have got you covered. Here is how you can do:
- Through its official website, login to your account
- Choose “Subscription” from left panel
- Click “Update details” and click “…” again
- Tap on “Change Country” option to opt your preferred country to move your account
- Select a payment method of that country and click “Change Payment Details” to save your changes
Spotify VPN not working? Here’s what to do
If you still can’t access Spotify despite being connected to a VPN server, follow the steps below:
- Uninstall Spotify
- Clear all cookies
- Restart phone
- Turn on VPN
- Change country server
- Download Spotify again
Hopefully, these steps will resolve your problem.
Spotify still doesn’t work?
If you still can’t access Spotify, try these alternative troubles shooting steps:
- Disable your firewall
- Change the server you are connected to on VPN
- Sign out and sign in again on all devices
- Check your internet connection
- Enable port forwarding
- Reinstall Spotify desktop client
After the trial period is over, Spotify will process your billing information. This will result in an error because the address you have provided, as well as your credit card information, belongs to a region where Spotify is not available.
To solve the problem, you can change your address and put a random address from the UK or US. Once the address gets verified, Spotify will start working.
A shared IP address can be the reason behind Spotify to stop working. A shared IP is used by many users simultaneously. This allows the servers to detect that the IP address is related to a VPN, hence it blocks the connection.
To solve this use a dedicated IP that serves this purpose well and ensures a great experience. A dedicated IP address safer, especially for streamers
Although Spotify is geo-restricted, unblocking it is quite easy. With a reliable Spotify VPN, you can not only enjoy top trending spotify music but access the popular streaming platform form anywhere in the world.
Just don’t waste your time with free VPNs for Spotify. They don’t work at all, trust me.
If you have any queries please feel free to comment on the section below and if you liked the blog share it on twitter!
On a side note, if you want an all-rounder VPN for streaming and torrenting, you might want to check out our list of best rated VPN.