VPN services are in great demand as they provide a ready solution to the problem of reducing levels of online privacy. VPN providers offer compatibility across a wide range of devices and operating systems. Like most other devices, Macs are vulnerable to cyber-attacks and government intrusion.
In this guide, we will focus on how a best VPN for MacBook Air can help you boost your privacy and security while connected to the Internet.
Likewise, you can read our top Mac VPNs blog, particularly for Mac devices.
What is MacBook Air?
MacBook Air is a paper-thin and weightless laptop developed by Apple. It only weighs three pounds, but has dimensions comparable to those of a full-sized notebook. At its thinnest, the casing of the MacBook air is 0.16 inches, and its thickest point is 0.76 inches.
The components packed in this dainty unit include a headphone jack, built-in speakers, microphone, and a single USB port. There is no DVD/CD drive in MacBook Air. Users can either purchase an external MacBook Air SuperDrive, or connect wireless to another computer’s DVD/CD drive through the Remote Disk feature.
The MacBook Air only has Wi-Fi connectivity for Internet and lacks a built-in Ethernet port. Apple claims that the MacBook Air battery can last up to five hours on average. However, battery backup can vary depending on usage and tasks.
The battery is not user-replaceable and is firmly enclosed within the notebook’s casing. This means you will have to take your MacBook Air to Apple if you need to replace your battery.
Best MacBook Air VPNs
The VPN service marketplace is growing at an accelerating pace. Each VPN provider offers different sets of features and levels of compatibility with devices and operating systems. The large list of VPN providers therefore causes significant troubles for users who are left wondering which VPN can be the best fit for their needs.
A number of features can help you choose the perfect VPN for Mac Air. These include bandwidth, number of servers, encryption protocols, compatibility, and pricing. Based on these criteria, we have compiled a list of top 5 VPNs for Macbook Air available in the market.
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Best Affordable VPN
$2.95 Per Month
Exclusive Discount 1 year Plan
Best Budget Service
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Geo-Unblocking
$2.99 Per Month
3 Years Plan
Best for Streaming
$6.67 Per Month
No Exclusive Offer
Best for Private Browsing
$2.75 Per Month
3 Years Deal
1. PureVPN – provides excellent compatibility for MacBook Air
PureVPN provides strong encryption and a large network of virtual server locations. Furthermore, PureVPN is compatible with majority of devices and operating systems. The VPN software is compatible with MacBook Air, allowing you to access all blocked content from anywhere in the world.
PureVPN is an all-around ideal VPN solution for your needs. It supports torrents, gaming, streaming, and bypassing geo-restrictions. All these great feature of PureVPN are available at a very affordable price too. You can get a 2-year subscription for $69 only.
For these reasons, we recommend PureVPN as the best VPN for MacBook Air.
- Offers over 750 servers in 141 countries
- Multi-login feature allows access to 5 devices at the same time
- Excellent customer support
- There is no free trial feature
You can read our PureVPN review to disclose the hidden attributes of the provider.
2. NordVPN offers the complete privacy solution for MacBook Air
NordVPN enables users to access geo-locked content and streaming websites. Moreover, you can also access torrent websites without fearing interception of your activity by Western anti-piracy governments. Therefore, for privacy-conscious users seeking a VPN for MacBook Air, there is no better option than NordVPN.
- Offers a huge server in more than 50 countries
- State-of-the-art encryption protocols
- A strict no-logging policy
- Does not offer free trial feature
You can consider reading our NordVPN review to know about the service.
3. CyberGhost – offers dedicated VPN service for MacBook Air
CyberGhost is a Romania-based VPN service provider. This VPN service has over 1,300 servers in more than 30 countries. CyberGhost offers servers based on the purpose you wish to use it for or on a geographical basis.
Thus, CyberGhost can select for you the most optimized servers depending on either you want to access torrents or Netflix. The VPN provider offers 256-bit encryption and completely refrains from data logging. Therefore, CyberGhost is a great choice as a VPN for MacBook Air.
- Supports P2P networking as well as streaming with equal efficiency
- Growing list of servers
- Users may experience connectivity issues occasionally
To know more about provider, read our exclusive CyberGhost review.
4. PrivateVPN – a good VPN choice for MacBook Air
PrivateVPN is compatible with a wide range of devices, including MacBook Air. The VPN provider puts emphasis on keeping your data private and hidden from the view of the government. As a quality VPN for MacBook Air, you can use the service to bypass access restrictions on websites from any part of the world.
PrivateVPN does not perform logging of your activity. Therefore, you can make your web activities on MacBook Air completely secure hassle-free.
- Strong military-grade 256-bit encryption
- Large list of geographically dispersed servers
- Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
- Users might experience connectivity issues during peak hours
You can read our PrivateVPN review to know about service’ salient attributes.
5. Ivacy – delivers a quality VPN experience for MacBook Air users
Ivacy is an emerging VPN provider that offers impressive features at reasonable rates. The online privacy brand has decent compatibility as a VPN for MacBook Air. Ivacy has server in more than 100 countries around the world.
The multi-login feature allows you to use as much as five Apple devices connected to the VPN at the same time. Therefore, you should consider using Ivacy as a VPN for MacBook Pro and enjoy access to a large number of banned websites.
- Provides high security to your online activities
- Offers multi-login feature to Apple users
- Tunneling protocols including OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP
- The company does not offer a free trial benefit
You can read our detailed Ivacy review to know about the service.
MacBook Air VPN Setup
Setting up a VPN for MacBook Air requires only a few simple steps. Carefully read the steps below to complete your MacBook Air VPN setup successfully.
- Pick System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Navigate to Network.
- Find add (the + symbol) at the bottom of the system association administration list and open the Interface menu.
- Choose VPN from the menu.
- Pick the VPN Type from the list in the pop-up menu and choose the VPN association you need.
- Give a name to the service and click “Create”.
- Enter server address and then click Authentication Settings.
- Enter data and then click “Connect”.
This is how you can set up a VPN on MacBook Air the simplest way.
Using a state-of-the-art VPN service has become a necessity for avoiding online threats and government surveillance. We strongly recommend you to protect yourself from these security threats by using a strong VPN with your Mac Air.
The VPN providers discussed above are all great options if you wish to attain high level of privacy. Therefore, you should choose a best VPN for MacBook Air and enjoy a safe and secure web experience.
Want to add something to the story, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Your feedback is important to us. Let us know if this article was helpful?