Ecuador has an internet penetration of 81% that has slightly grown from what it was in the previous year. But indeed, government surveillance and intrusion has left users feeling digitally exposed.
Furthermore, the government doesn’t shy away from interfering in users’ social media accounts. In fact, many users have presented proof of local government removing content from their accounts.
Due to this, internet users in Ecuador have turned to self-censorship, rather than protesting against government intrusion and legislative problems.
But there are ways to stay under the radar.
With the help of a reliable VPN Ecuador, you can access the internet with complete freedom and anonymity.
Keeping that in mind, here is a brief overview of some of the best VPNs for Ecuador in 2020…
- PureVPN: Having 6 servers in Ecuador with plenty of protocols for every need.
- Surfshark: Super-fast VPN with 1,000 servers with unlimited connections.
- Ivacy VPN: Efficient network of 1,000+ servers in 100+ countries with good privacy features.
- ExpressVPN: best VPN with 3000+ super-secure servers around the world.
- CyberGhost: User-friendly with 5,500+ servers.
- NordVPN: Super-powerful with the largest server network.
The Best VPN Services for Ecuador 2020
Considering the terrible online situation in Ecuador, I’ve managed to compile a list of best Ecuador VPNs that are not only affordable but also capable of offering bulletproof privacy:
Here are the 6 best VPNs for Ecuador.
1. PureVPN – Best for Ecuador
PureVPN is one of the most prestigious VPN services in the industry and is capable enough to be compared with the very best apps.
Why it is the best VPN for Ecuador is because it lets you connect to over 2000+ powerful servers. Not only that, PureVPN has servers present in 141 countries and is often the first choice of video streamers due to its highly stable performance.
Best of all, PureVPN offers 6 Ecuador VPN servers with around 300,000 IP addresses for seamless connectivity that will hide your online activity in the country. It is the least expensive VPN available for only $2.91/mo with a discount of 73% Off .
Aside from that, PureVPN’s military-grade encryption is perfect for protecting yourself from government intervention in Ecuador. For more information, please read our PureVPN review.
2. Surfshark – Fastest VPN for Ecuador
Also, just to remind everyone that Surfshark offers a good price and is available at $1.99/mo with 3 months totally free. Not just that, Surfshark also offers 1,000 servers in 60+ countries. Surfshark doesn’t has servers in Ecuador, but it does have servers in Brazil and Costa Rico, in nearby countries.
These servers will guarantee to unblock local content, but not all of them of course since it doesn’t have Ecuador servers.
It is based in British Virgin Island that doesn’t keep logs, no data retention laws, no connection logs. The company is known for its high level of security and privacy.
Read our complete Surfshark review for additional information on what value does it offer.
3. Ivacy VPN – Best for Torrenting in Ecuador
Ivacy lacks any servers in Ecuador in its network. However, it does offer 1 server each in Peru and Colombia, which are neighboring countries of Ecuador. Overall, the provider has a network of 1,000+ servers in 100+ countries. You can unblock restricted streaming services with the offshore servers of Ivacy, while the servers physically close to you boost your online privacy while maintaining high connection speed.
The service can be acquired for $2.25/mo , which makes it an appealing choice especially with multiple extra features such as kill switch, DNS secure, and IPv6 leak protection. These features keep your privacy intact if you want to remain hidden from agencies and cyber criminals lurking around the web in Ecuador.
Furthermore, Ivacy offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and 5 simultaneous connections. With all these features, you can count on Ivacy to bring you unrestricted online access and strong privacy protection in Ecuador. To find out more, see this Ivacy VPN review.
4. ExpressVPN – Best for Streaming in Ecuador
ExpressVPN is an amazing VPN service having its headquartered in British Virgin Islands and has fast speed, highly capable encryption and a very good user interface.
It is very easy to use and is highly intuitive. You can totally expect it to protect your anonymity in Ecuador and unblock restricted content.
I completely loved the experience because of a few reasons, first being the impressive user interface, second being its speeds. In my opinion, it is one of the best VPN for video streaming without any restrictions.
Not only that, ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers worldwide, including multiple servers in Ecuador. It has 1 server in Ecuador that works perfectly fine and has great speed for streaming purposes.
Upon testing the server performance of ExpressVPN, I was blown away. However, it is a bit expensive available at $8.32/mo .
You can read further about this VPN service in our ExpressVPN review.
5. CyberGhost – Secure VPN for Ecuador
CyberGhost is really the one-click solution for your privacy needs as it claims to be. It’s super-friendly Android and iOS app is the one recommended for newbies.
The price is also affordable since it is available for only $2.75/mo and brings you 45-days money-back guarantee. Trust me, that’s a lot.
Currently, it has 5,500+ servers in 85+countries. Although it doesn’t have servers in Ecuador, it does have servers in its neighboring countries such as Colombia, Venezuela, and Panama. You can access all of your favorite content in Ecuador by connecting to any of these countries.
Its app is available for almost every major platform, which is why it makes it the best VPN for Ecuador. CyberGhost does not store any logs, so you’re free to stream anything without any fear.
Read further about this service in our CyberGhost review.
6. NordVPN – Large Server Park for Ecuador
NordVPN makes it in our list of best VPN for Ecuador because it has the most powerful encryption with the largest server network i.e. over 5,600 servers. Although it doesn’t have Ecuador servers, available servers in Costa Rica and Brazil make sure that you access the local content in Ecuador.
It is based in Panama, meaning this country’s government does not have data retention laws. All your personal information remains safe.
Why you need a VPN in Ecuador
Despite the fact that there is an internet penetration of 81% in Ecuador that has significantly increased from the previous year, but you will be needing a VPN when traveling to Ecuador, here’s why:
- Limited Online Freedom: Many websites outside of Ecuador cannot be accessed because of geographical restrictions. One of those sites is Netflix. Using a US server will help you unblock these websites for good.
- Violation of Users’ Rights: Publishing critical information online and on social media websites may get you in trouble. You can get sued by the government or will have to pay hefty fines. If you don’t want to get your online identity known, just get a VPN.
- Traveling Purposes: Ecuador is a nice place for vacations. But connecting to a public WiFi can be dangerous as it could easily lead to identity theft. Protect yourself and your gadgets at all times and choose the right VPN.
How to choose an Ecuador VPN?
Here are the factors that I have outlined to be a priority when choosing a VPN for Ecuador:
- Number of Servers in Ecuador
- Type of Protocols & Encryption Keys.
- Compatibility with other devices.
- Customer support.
- Cost, is it worth the price?
- Quality of performance.
How to connect to a VPN Ecuador?
Below I have mentioned how to set up a VPN.
- Subscribe to a VPN service that is discussed above
- Install the application of your VPN service
- Open the application
- Enter your login credentials
- Connect to a server in the country of your choice
- Now enjoy digital freedom while maintaining your privacy and security.
Free VPNs for Ecuador
Here are a few free VPNs for Ecuador that have the ability to access blocked websites in Ecuador and around the world:
- Hotspot shield
- Proton VPN
- Private tunnel
Political attacks, surveillance, and hacking have all become normality in Ecuador. Government requesting personal details or shunning away journalism is now considered quite normal in the country.
In such an environment it is incumbent to have a highly reliable VPN Ecuador service by your side. Doing so will allow you to stay under the radar, and securely access the internet.
What’s the best-rated VPN you’re currently using? Let me know in the comments.