The quickest and simplest way to get a Russian IP address is by using a VPN in Australia – a software that allows you to connect to servers all across the world. Once connected, a VPN replaces your actual IP address with a new one that is of the location you’re connected to, Russia for instance.
If you’re a Russian ex-pat or simply traveling to Australia, then accessing local Russian TV channels like Ivi.ru, Russian Netflix, and Russia 1 might be impossible anywhere in Australia. Due to licensing and distribution laws, these platforms restrict foreign access.
But, fret not, you don’t have to remain deprived of the channels you love dearly. While you might require finding a reliable way to get a Russian IP address in Australia, we saved you from the hassle by jotting a quick solution in this guide – a VPN!
By using a premium VPN service with Russian servers, you can alter your IP address and access all your favorite Russian websites and streaming services in Australia. We tested 45+ VPNs offering servers in Russia. Out of them, the one we recommend is CyberGhost. It offers multiple Russian servers and circumvents geo-restrictions effortlessly.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Russian IP Address in Australia:
Here is an easy step-by-step guide for getting an IP address of Russia with a VPN in Australia:
- Step 1. Choose a VPN. Select a trusted VPN with at least 1 to 2 servers of Russia — We suggest CyberGhost because it has almost 120+ servers in Moscow that are optimized for torrenting, works fine with Russian services and websites like Netflix Russia, and comes with great security features.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. Installing a trusted VPN software is comparatively easy and takes around 1 to 2 minutes. If you’re planning to get a VPN for a regular-sized family or a small working team then go for CyberGhost as it allows 7 simultaneous connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a Russian server. Launch the VPN application and connect to a Russian server available in the server list. That’s it you now have a Russian IP address in Australia! Feel free to browse Russian content.
Note: To confirm that your IP address has been altered to Russia, use our VPNRanks IP checker tool.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN to Get a Russian IP Address in Australia
Here are the five best VPN services to get an IP address of Russia in Australia:
- CyberGhost – Huge Network With Dozens of Servers of Russia. Offers 9700+ servers in 91 countries, with 129 in Moscow, Russia along with user-friendly apps.
- PrivateVPN – Top-notch Security Features That Protect You on a Russian Server. Equips advanced security features, including DNS leak protection, AES 256-bit encryption, and a kill switch with servers in 2 Russian locations: Moscow and Krasnoyarsk.
- VyprVPN – Offers Fast Speeds While Using a Russian IP in Australia. Swift connection speeds of over 70 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection at all times. Offers multiple servers in Moscow, Russia.
- ZenMate – Instant Connectivity on Russian IP Addresses. Easy-to-use apps that let users connect to servers within seconds. Offers 59 servers in Moscow, Russia.
- Proton VPN – Fast Speeds on Russian Physical Servers. Offers great speeds on all servers with 16 servers in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Best VPNs to Get a Russian IP Address in Australia (2023 In-Depth Analysis)
For a Russian IP address in Australia, we tested various VPN servers to jot down the best ones on our list. Here are the best VPNs for Russia that one can use to get an IP address of the country:
1. CyberGhost – Huge Network With Dozens of Servers of Russia
- 9700+ servers in 91 countries, 120+ in Moscow, Russia & 150 servers in Australia.
- 45 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Strict no-logs policy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- AES 256-bit encryption
CyberGhost has an extensive server network of 9700+ servers in 91 countries. Out of these, a whopping number of 129 servers are present in Moscow, Russia & 150 servers in Australia. Since all of them are virtual servers, users are subject to better speeds and security.
While testing its Russian servers, we were able to unblock Netflix Russia, Russia 1, and Kinopoisk HD within 50 seconds. Our global team accessed these streaming platforms using CyberGhost’s Russian servers as well and reported great results. Moreover, its global servers can also be used to access geo-blocked content in Australia. As per our tests, we could access BT Sport, Sky Sports, ORF, Canal Plus, and CBC in Australia.
With CyberGhost’s top-notch security features, one can stay protected while connected to a Russian IP address. Its no-logging policy ensures to not collect any of your logs, DNS/IP leak protection, and an automated kill switch protect your actual IP address from any kinds of leakages. There’s also military-grade AES 256-bit encryption and an ad-blocker available for users.
The best thing is it’s quite user-friendly, and a great choice for veteran and beginner VPN users alike. Installing its app on Windows only took 40 seconds. Furthermore, it offers 7 multi-logins so you can enjoy Russian TV on multiple devices together. CyberGhost offers native apps for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and Linux, and is also compatible with FireStick, Roku, Kodi, routers, and other devices.
CyberGhost speed test data
The speeds of Cyberghost were great for streaming. In our CyberGhost speed test on its Russian server, we got an average speed of 75.47 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. The streaming experience was smooth and we could enjoy watching Russian content in HD.
CyberGhost is quite reasonable. It comes at a cost of only AU$ 3.14/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) and offers a 45-day refund policy along in case you want to test out all the VPN’s features risk-free. To get more information about this VPN, check out our CyberGhost review.
- Offers 129 fully encrypted, optimized servers in Moscow.
- 45-day refund policy
- Reliable, fast servers in Russia
- 129 servers in Russia
- Unblocks services like Netflix, Hulu, etc
- Strong security and a strict no logs policy
- Unblocks most Russian TV channels easily
- User-friendly apps for all devices
- Doesn’t work in countries like China
- Can cost you more if not signed up for a bigger plan
2. PrivateVPN – Top-notch Security Features That Protect You on a Russian Server
- Only 200+ servers in 60 countries, multiple servers in 2 Russian locations & 4 servers in Australia
- 7-day Money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and speed
- AES-256 bit encryption keys
- Strict no logs policy
PrivateVPN offers robust security on all its servers. It offers military-grade AES 256-bit encryption for keeping your connection secure at all times. Its kill switch disconnects you from your internet if there’s a drop in the VPN connection so your online activities are safe.
The server network of PrivateVPN is quite small: 200+ servers in around 63+ countries, out of which multiple are present in 2 Russian locations & 4 servers in Australia. These are Moscow and Krasnoyarsk. While testing, we unblocked multiple Russian channels including Netflix Russia with a single click. Similarly, using its global servers, we could unblock BFI Player, Eurosport, ORF, ViuTV, and CraveTV Australia.
PrivateVPN allows you to choose between multiple protocols like PPTP, OpenVPN, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec so you get the best combo of speed and security. It also offers a no-logging policy so your data is always safe. That’s not all, this is also one of the very few VPNs with port forwarding support in Australia.
Its app is very easy-to-use. With its Simple Mode, we were able to find a Russian server within a few seconds. We could also save the servers we liked for future use. If you’re a veteran VPN user, then you can switch to the advanced menu.
PrivateVPN offers 10 multi-logins and is compatible with all popular operating systems. Moreover, you can also get it on devices like FireStick, Roku, Kodi, and Smart TVs. However, manual installation is required for routers.
PrivateVPN speed test data
According to our PrivateVPN speed test in Australia, the VPN allowed us to have an uninterrupted streaming experience with smooth speeds. When tested, we got an average speed of 72.38 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
PrivateVPN isn’t a great VPN with Russian servers. You can get this VPN at a price of AU$ 2.97/mo (US$ 2.00/mo) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee. To get more information about this VPN, check out our updated PrivateVPN review in Australia.
- 200+ optimized servers in 60 countries & 4 servers in Australia
- Offers servers in 2 Russian locations
- IP leak protection, kill switch, and military-grade encryption
- User-friendly app for beginners
- Easily unblocks services like Netflix
- Small server network
- Some servers are not good for torrenting
3. VyprVPN – Offers Fast Speeds While Using a Russian IP
- 700+ servers worldwide, multiple servers in Moscow, Russia & 3 servers in Australia
- No Bandwidth Caps
- Multiple Encryption Protocols
- No-logs policy
- 5 multi-logins
VyprVPN offers super-fast and reliable speeds to users. During our testing, we could enjoy a variety of Russian content without any lags and in HD quality in Australia.
This provider currently has 700+ servers across the globe and multiple optimized servers for torrenting and streaming in Moscow, Russia & 3 servers in Australia. Using these servers, there aren’t any problems in unblocking our favorite Russian channels from anywhere. All that’s required is to look for “Russia” in its app and click on it to connect. It took us only 2 minutes to access Kinopoisk HD using VyprVPN.
Moreover, it can also bypass international geo-restrictions without any hassle. Using its global servers, we could unblock SBS On Demand, BBC iPlayer, DStv, ORF, and Channel 4 in Australia.
Its various security features provide a high level of security to users. You can select from its advanced security features, including a Chameleon protocol which has been designed to bypass the geo-blocks effortlessly. Its kill switch, AES 256-bit encryption, and DNS leak protection keep user data and actual IP address secure on regular and public Wi-Fi.
While VyprVPN has dedicated apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and other popular devices, it, unfortunately, lacks a browser extension. Since you can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously with it, you can set up VyprVPN on all your favorite devices, including Roku, Kodi, Smart TV, and FireStick.
VyprVPN speed test data
The speeds were fast on our Russian server. As per our VyprVPN speed test, we received an average speed of 68.15 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
This VPN costs $8.33/mo and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re unsure about the service. To get more information about this VPN, check out our updated VyprVPN review in Australia.
- Offers servers in Moscow, Russia
- DNS leak protection and kill switch
- Unblocks services like Netflix, HBO max, etc
- Guarantees zero logging
- Fast speeds and HD quality streaming
- Offers 200000 IP addresses
- Small server network
- Apps are not user-friendly
4. ZenMate – Instant Connectivity on Russian IP Addresses
- 100% no logs policy
- 4800 servers in 81+ countries, 59 servers in Russia alone & 120 servers in Australia
- Unlimited bandwidth with 2 Mbps max speed
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Uses AES 128-bit encryption
ZenMate offers instant connectivity on all its apps. This way, you can connect to its Russian servers within seconds on all its five simultaneous connections.
Overall, it offers 4800 in 81+ locations. As for Russia, there are 59 servers present in Moscow & 120 servers in Australia for users to access Russian TV and banking sites easily. We got a Russian IP address in Australia using ZenMate and unblocked content of Amediateka and Kinopoisk HD within a minute. In the same way, we connected to its other global servers and accessed CBC, BT Sport, and Kayo Sports outside Australia.
When it comes to safety, ZenMate makes sure that its users are offered the best security while streaming. It offers a DNS leak protection feature, which makes sure that your actual IP address isn’t leaked to anyone else. It comes with a strict no-logging policy which confirms that the VPN won’t collect any logs and meta logs of users.
ZenMate is compatible with all popular devices. It offers dedicated apps for Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. There are browser extensions available for Firefox and Chrome. Manual setup guides are available for routers and Linux.
ZenMate speed test data
The speeds of ZenMate are reliable. While connected to its Russian server, we could enjoy bufferless streaming on Russian channels. As per our tests, we got an average speed of 70.42 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
ZenMate is available at a cost of $1.64/mo and is backed with a 30-day money-back guarantee. To get more information about this VPN, check out our ZenMate review.
- 59 servers present in Russia & 120 servers in Australia
- Beginner-friendly browser extension
- Unblocks Russian channels easily
- Strict no-logging policy
- Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption
- Five multi-logins
- Offers a 30 days money back guarantee
- Some servers offer slow speeds
- Some servers are not optimized for torrenting
5. Proton VPN – Fast Speeds on Russian Physical Servers
- 1800+ servers in 63 countries, 16 in Saint Petersburg, Russia & 35 severs in Australia
- No bandwidth limit
- 4096-bit RSA and SHA384 encryption
- No data logging
- 10 multi-logins
Proton VPN offers 1800+ servers in 63 countries, including 16 servers in Saint Petersburg, Russia & 36 servers in Australia. All of these Russian servers are physically located in the country.
Before reaching the servers of Russia, your traffic is passed through Iceland or Switzerland to add another layer of security. Using the Russian servers, we could unblock Netflix Russia, Okko, and ivi within a few minutes. Also, with its global server network, we could access international streaming platforms like 9Now, Sky TV, Foxtel Go, and TF1 in USA.
Proton VPN is quite secure. It comes with open-source coding which allows everyone to view that the apps are built to ensure user safety. It also offers military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, DNS/IPV6 leak protection, and a kill switch to keep your activities safe from hackers. Furthermore, with a no-logging policy, it ensures avoiding the collection of user logs.
It is compatible with all major operating systems such as Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. With its 10 simultaneous connections, you can also enjoy it on devices like FireStick, Roku, Kodi, Smart TVs, and Xbox.
Proton VPN speed test data
With Proton VPN, the speeds remained decent and we did not face any buffering issues. In our Proton VPN speed test, we received an average speed of 65.12 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
All in all, Proton VPN is quite decent. It comes at a price of just €8.00/mo and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. However, this VPN’s customer service isn’t too great. They took a whole day to respond to our query on its ticket option. To get more information about this VPN, check out our Proton VPN review.
- Offers 16 Russian servers
- Strict no-logs policy
- Decent unblocking capabilities
- Can unblock services like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, etc
- A dedicated kill switch
- 30-day refund policy
- Some servers offer slow speeds
- Desktop applications are a bit cluttered
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Russian IP Address in Australia?
There are various factors on which you can determine the best VPN for getting a Russian IP address in Australia. While we’ve already tested the VPNs with the Russian IP above, you can use the factors below to test out VPNs yourself:
- Servers of Russia in Australia. A premium VPN must have dedicated Russian servers in Australia. Otherwise, it will be nearly impossible to get a Russian IP address. We suggest CyberGhost because it has 129 servers in Russia alone & 150 servers in Australia.
- Strong security. All VPNs discussed above have cutting-edge security features like DNS, IPV6, WebRTC leak protection, and 256-bit AES encryption with an automated kill-switch that disables the internet connection immediately.
- Fast speeds. Usually, VPNs decrease internet speeds because of the heavy encryption algorithms, but the good ones don’t affect the speed that much. All the VPNs we have on our list are good for streaming, torrenting, and browsing.
- Streaming and Torrenting. Russian streaming websites sites such as rus-tv.su. and kinopoisk.ru. Are not accessible outside of Russia. So, if you are traveling abroad and have subscriptions to these services, then the bad news is that you won’t be able to access them. However, there is a way to access these services and that is using a reliable VPN. All providers mentioned above have the ability to unblock all famous streaming services and are good for torrenting because of the ample amount of servers of Russia.
- Ease of use. The providers we have mentioned above comes with intuitive interfaces that help users to connect to a Russian server without any problem.
The bottom line is that CyberGhost is the best VPN for getting a Russian IP address in Australia. It allows you to connect to the Russian servers reliably, doesn’t leak your actual IP address, equips a great kill switch, and offers blazing-fast speeds to browse sites of Russia.
Why You Need a VPN to Get a Russian IP Address in Australia
A VPN replaces your actual IP address with a new IP address that matches the location you’re connected to (such as Australia) once connected. This way, you can browse the internet as if you reside in Russia. Also, when you connect to a VPN server, it encrypts your online traffic, making it absolutely unreadable.
Here are all the reasons why you should get a Russian IP address in Australia (in detail):
- Russian servers can provide access to websites: If you’re outside Russia for work purposes, then you might require accessing the local banking site for transferring money at some point. And, you won’t be able to do that without a Russian IP address. This is why you need a VPN with Russian server to make sure that you can access all local sites of the country easily.
- Protect your online data: A VPN encrypts your connection and protects you from online snooping through its advanced security features, like AES 256-but encryption, kill switch, and DNS leaks protection, so you never have to worry about data leaks.
- Bypass ISP surveillance and throttling – Visiting a country with strict internet surveillance may put you under the radar of online surveillance. To protect your internet activities and bypass ISP throttling along the way for great speeds, we recommend using the best VPN with Russian server.
- Restrictive internet practices: Streaming platforms and certain websites are subject to geo-restrictions – meaning that they can only be accessed from a particular region. The same goes for Russian channels as they cannot be accessed from abroad. But, with a local server list of Russian VPN, you can access the content back home. You can enjoy all your favorite channels, including Russia 1, Kinopoisk HD, and ivi easily.
What Are the Other Methods to Obtain a Russian IP Address in Australia?
Well, a VPN isn’t the only method to obtain a Russian IP address in Australia. While there are two other methods, none of them are as secure as a VPN:
1. Tor browsers:
Tor browsers are open-source software that are meant to keep users anonymous over the internet. They pass your traffic through multiple nodes, thereby encrypting the entire connection, and keeping your location, identity, and activity private in Australia.
However, they are extremely slow due to multi-layer encryption. Also, since these browsers have previously been used for illegal activities like accessing the Dark Web, ISPs become alert when a user starts using one.
2. Proxy servers:
These servers have their own IP addresses and work as an intermediary between the internet and users. They process your internet activities on your behalf and send the results back to you.
Even though these are quite fast, they lack encryption. Also, a proxy server’s cache stores all your sensitive information which is quite dangerous in Australia.
FAQs – Get a Russian IP Address with a VPN in Australia
Is using a Russian IP Address legal in Australia?
Yes, using a Russian IP address is legal in Australia. All you need to do is use a reliable VPN and connect to its Russian server. But, due to Russia’s restrictive internet laws, the country only approves VPN services that comply with their censorship laws, quite similar to China.
How do I find a Russian IP address for free in Australia?
While looking for a VPN to get a Russian IP address free in Australia can be daunting and risky, we recommend you opt for our top recommendation that’s quite affordable as well: CyberGhost.
Follow the steps below to get an IP address of Russia in Australia:
- Select a VPN service (Our top choice is CyberGhost).
- Subscribe and download the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the VPN app (or browser extension if it’s available).
- Enjoy unrestricted access to Russian geo-blocked content!
Is using a VPN to get a Russian IP address safe in Australia?
Yes, using a VPN to get a Russian IP address is absolutely safe in Australia as it will protect your data using its robust security features. These include DNS leak protection, kill switch, and AES 256-bit encryption. This lets you unblock Russian sites easily on public wi-fi networks. However, we recommend using the most reliable VPN on our list – CyberGhost for this.
Some of the VPNs that have Russian servers are not very good – they offer slow speeds, their connections are not reliable, or lack security features, which is quite risky for browsing the internet in a restrictive country like Russia.
A few people might also consider looking for the best free VPN for Russia even when it’s bad for your privacy. Free VPNs offer limited servers on their network. So, finding a Russian server to get a Russian IP address in Australia is almost impossible.
How can I check if I’m using a Russia IP address in Australia?
Once you connect to a Russian server, you simply need to access the VPNRanks IP checker tool. When you access the page, you’ll be shown the region you’re connected to, along with your assigned IP address and other details.
Can I watch Netflix with a Russian IP address in Australia?
Yes, you can easily watch Netflix with a Russian IP address in Australia. Just subscribe to a reliable VPN service like CyberGhost and connect to a Russian server. Then, access Netflix and you will automatically be redirected to the Russian library.
The user subscription of Netflix offers them the entry to any country’s Netflix content library. But, you need to be within the borders of that country to get access to that content. This means that if you’re in Australia, you won’t get access to Russian Netflix. However, a VPN will let you connect to a Russian server and access Netflix Russia easily in Australia.
Can I torrent with a Russian IP address in Australia?
Yes, you can torrent with a Russian IP address in Australia. For that, you need the best torrenting VPN that has servers in Russia. We recommend CyberGhost as it offers 129 Russian servers, works with the finest torrenting clients like uTorrent, BitTorrent, and Deluge, and offers super-fast speeds.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Russian IP address in Australia?
No, there are barely any free VPN services that offer servers of Russia in Australia. Even if you find a free VPN that has Russian servers, we recommend avoiding it. Free VPNs usually lack significant privacy and security features, limit your data usage, offer slow speeds, and have buggy applications. Instead, we recommend getting a budget-friendly VPN like CyberGhost, PrivateVPN, or VyprVPN.
In short, you need to end your search on how to get a Russian IP address for free in Australia, and simply opt for a premium option. Even if you try finding a free VPN with Russian server through Reddit, it would not be as reliable as a paid one.
Which VPN has Russian server in Australia?
CyberGhost is the best VPN with Russian servers in Australia. It allows you to connect to its servers in Russia reliably, never leaks your IP address, has an incredible kill switch, and offers super-fast speeds to browse Russian sites.
This ends our guide on how to get a Russian IP address in Australia. As mentioned above, a VPN is the best way to do so. A VPN replaces your actual IP address with a Russian one and then redirects your traffic through it. It also encrypts your data and protects you from the prying eyes of your ISP.
Out of all the VPNs we tested, our top recommendation for a Russian IP address in Australia is CyberGhost. This VPN offers an extensive server network along with 129 fast servers in Russia, great unblocking capabilities, and robust security.
However, if you’re still unwilling to subscribe to its long-term plan, then you can always opt for its 45-day refund policy for testing out its features and making a decision.