Facing the Fortnite IP Ban in Australia and don’t know where things went wrong? Well, there could be multiple reasons including unlawful activities or breaking of rules during the game. But whatever the reason may be, the wisest solution is only one; getting a reliable VPN.
If you’re wondering what is an IP ban on Fortnite, it is simply the termination of service by Fortnite to particular players. Being one of the most popular games played online, Fortnite often bans its players’ IPs if they go against its Terms of Service. From cheating and trading accounts to breaking the law, Fortnite detects unlawful activity and bans your IP address.
To overcome the IP ban, you need to get the best VPN for Fortnite for Australian users. What this will do is provide you with another IP address that can easily penetrate the IP-blocking firewall that Fortnite has put up, hence resulting in smooth access to the game once again. As always, we totally recommend you use ExpressVPN, our #1 VPN recommendation for gamers and streamers.
To learn all about our Fortnite IP ban fix, scroll down to read our brief and detailed overviews of the best VPNs for Fortnite IP ban in Australia and steps on how to get unbanned from Fortnite.
4 Easy Steps: How to Remove a Fortnite IP Ban in Australia
To remove the Fortnite IP ban in Australia, you need to follow 4 very basic steps that we have highlighted below.
- Get registered for a premium and reliable VPN service. ExpressVPN is our recommended VPN to fix the Fortnite IP ban in Australia.
- Connect your device to a nearby server in your region to change your IP address.
- Create a new account with Epic Games.
- Log in to Fortnite with your new account and game all day to your heart’s content.
Quick Overview: Best VPN to remove Fortnite IP Ban in Australia
There are 3 VPN services that work best to help get past the Fortnite IP ban in Australia. Our top 3 recommendations are as follows:
- ExpressVPN – best VPN for Fortnite IP ban in Australia; Lightway protocol for blazing-fast speeds programmed on all 3000+ servers in 94+ countries; lower ping rate and high download speed; 6 simultaneous connections; Threat Manager and TrustedServer for security.
- Surfshark – budget-friendly VPN for Fortnite IP ban; costs AU$ 3.44/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) ; unlimited simultaneous streams allowed; 3200 Multi-Hop VPN servers in 100 locations worldwide for dual-layered security.
- NordVPN – Largest server network for Fortnite IP ban; 5500 servers in 60 countries and 1970 in the US; high download speeds with unlimited bandwidth; DNS leakproof with Dark Web Monitor, Double VPN, and automatic kill-switch.
Already made your choice? Well, then all you need now is to read our Fortnite IP ban FAQs and you’re good to go for seamless gaming hours.
Why am I getting banned on Fortnite in Australia?
Just like any other service, Fortnite also has a set of rules in its Terms of Service that regulate healthy gaming protocols all across the world from where players access the game. If you go against these terms, Fortnite will detect your dodgy actions and ban your IP address so that you may no longer access its service. You will face this error message when you’re banned from Fortnite:
“The account has been banned.”
Does Fortnite IP ban occur permanently? It all depends on how serious the offense is. You can also get banned temporarily or lose your account altogether if your offense has had a serious impact. You may also wonder does Fortnite IP ban hackers? The answer is yes. Cheating is strictly prohibited by Fortnite, especially while using third-party apps to hack the system.
Some common offenses that you need to avoid at all costs include:
- Sharing other players’ personal information or threatening to do so.
- Bullying or intimidating other players.
- Impersonating other players or public personalities.
- Teaming with the opposition to get more advantage.
- Cheating with the use of bugs and glitches.
- Posting content that is considered inappropriate.
- Scamming other players.
- Discrimination and violence towards certain parties.
- Promoting illegal actions like the use of drugs, gambling, phishing, etc.
Best VPNs to Remove the Fortnite IP Ban in Australia
The best VPNs to remove the Fortnite IP ban include ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN according to our extensive research on industry-leading gaming VPN services in Australia.
We chose ExpressVPN as the best to remove the Fortnite IP ban since it offers amazing gaming speeds and a tonne of secure and high-performing servers. Surfshark offers the most affordable service so you can bypass the Fortnite ban on a budget as well, while NordVPN has a colossal server network from which you can choose one to change your IP.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Fortnite IP Ban in Australia
- MediaStreamer for effortless removal of IP ban
- 3000+ servers in 94+ countries worldwide, with 20+ US servers
- Speed in Mbps: 89.42 for downloading & 84.64 for uploading
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- Unlimited data for HD & UHD streaming
- Price: AU$ 9.98/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
- Compatible with all Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS devices
- Unblocks Fortnite, Call of Duty, Minecraft, etc.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Fortnite IP ban in Australia as it is installed with a patented protocol for the highest, skyrocketing speeds, the Lightway Protocol. Each of its 3000+ servers in 94+ countries around the world is extremely fast in service and connections, ensuring that your gaming hours run on a smooth internet connection.
When we connected to ExpressVPN servers to test out speed with gaming, we were delighted to find that all the hours we spent playing our favorite games remained uninterrupted with no server disconnections or speed glitches. Even the internet speed was not slowed down.
Since it is fundamentally a service to unblock restricted platforms, after successfully removing the Fortnite IP ban, we were able to also unblock streaming services for HD and 4k streaming. ExpressVPN works with Netflix in Australia, Disney Plus, ESPN Plus, and other mainstream streaming platforms.
After the unblocking test, we were also pretty curious about the ExpressVPN speed test in Australia. When tested at a 100 Mbps base internet connection, we discovered that the download speed for videos was 89.42 Mbps and the upload speed was 84.64 Mbps, with a ping rate of 110 ms.
Since each Fortnite player has a different set of preferences for their gaming device, it is important to find a VPN that is compatible with most, if not all, commonly used devices. ExpressVPN works with iPhone, Android phones, Windows and macOS laptops, and TVs like Smart TVs, Apple TVs, and FireSticks.
Secure gaming is also one important aspect of the entire experience. ExpressVPN is all about secure servers, with its industry-leading 256-AES encryption, an automatic kill switch called Network Lock, Threat Manager, and no-log policy, all at the ExpressVPN cost Australia of AU$ 9.98/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan).
Other features that we found during our ExpressVPN review in Australia that just amps up the whole package include 5 simultaneous device connections, a 30-day money-back guarantee, a 7-day free trial of ExpressVPN in Australia, and an always active live customer support chat.
- Ultra-fast gaming speed
- Unlimited bandwidth for Fortnite gaming
- Lightway Protocol
- IP/DNS leakproof
- No-log policy
- Multiple simultaneous streams allowed
- Expensive option for VPN
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Fortnite IP Ban
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries globally, with 600+ US servers
- Speed in Mbps: 81.32 for downloading and 76.12 for uploading
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming in HD & 4k quality
- Price: AU$ 3.44/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
- Compatible with devices with operating systems like macOS, Linux, Android, etc.
- Unblocks Fornite, Rust 2, Mobile Legends, etc.
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN for Fortnite IP ban that is available on the market since it only costs AU$ 3.44/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). You can connect to any of its 3200 servers that are spread in 100 countries across the globe, with 600+ servers only in the US.
Once we were connected to one of Surfshark’s servers, we were taken aback by the gaming speeds for the price that we paid for the subscription. After enjoying buffer-free gaming for a couple of hours, we were able to conclude that Surfshark offers unrealistically great value for the cost it asks for.
Since Surfshark is also known to unblock a plethora of services that are restricted, we tested it out on streaming services as well. Surfshark with Netflix in Australia and HBO Max, as well as everyone’s favorite Disney Plus with Surfshark, worked absolute wonders with amazing streaming speed and an experience that was secure as well.
Post-unblocking, being eager to find the exact speed range, we conducted the Surfshark speed test in Australia and were elated with the results. On a 100 Mbps base connection that was set up, the download speeds we achieved were an average of 81.32 Mbps while the upload speeds were an average of 76.12 Mbps.
For all gamers, we also wanted to confirm whether the software for Surfshark could be downloaded on a good amount of devices and the answer was positive. You can get Surfshark on Android in Australia, iPhone, Mac, laptops, Windows PCs, and even on TVs like Roku, Kodi, etc. On top of this, you can connect an unlimited number of devices at the same time.
Your safety while removing the Fortnite IP ban is always guaranteed by Surfshark, as it is programmed with amazing security tech including 256-bit AES encryption, a no-log policy, an automatic kill switch, IP/DNS leak protection, Camouflage Mode, and No Border Mode. It utilizes split tunneling to ensure that gaming is secure as well as speedy.
Some additional features that we would like to end our Surfshark review in Australia with include 24/7 live customer care chat, a 7-day Surfshark free trial in Australia, and a 100% refund with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Remove Fortnite IP ban online on a budget
- Split tunneling
- Good streaming speeds
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Zero-log VPN
- Multi-hop friendly
- Allows access to games like Fortnite, Rust 2, and Mobile Legends
- Unstable P2P networking
- Customer care is not adequate
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network for Fornite IP Ban
- 5500+ servers in 60+ countries, with 1970 US servers
- Speed in Mbps: 83.82 for downloading and 44.64 for uploading
- 6 simultaneous device connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for HD & 4k streaming quality
- Price: AU$ 5.97/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
- Compatible with devices installed with Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, etc.
- Unblocks Fortnite and other multiplayer games.
NordVPN has the largest server network for Fortnite IP ban removal, meaning that it offers the largest number of IP addresses you can change with NordVPN in Australia if you get banned by Fortnite. NordVPN hosts 5500+ servers in 60+ countries all over the world, with 1970 US-based servers.
While NordVPN is an excellent option to remove your Fortnite IP ban effortlessly, it is also great for unblocking geo-restricted platforms. We were intrigued to see if we could get Netflix with NordVPN in Australia, as Netflix is one of the hardest to access if it is geo-restricted. And boy, NordVPN unblocked it in a matter of seconds.
This is what piqued our interest in conducting a NordVPN speed test in Australia so that we could determine the downloading and uploading speeds as well as the ping rate of NordVPN. When we set up a 100 Mbps base connection, we were able to download content at 83.34 Mbps and upload it at 44.64 Mbps, with a ping rate of 128 ms.
After the speed test came the compatibility test. NordVPN proved to be compatible with almost all of the mainstream operating systems, including Android, macOS, and Windows. Fortnite players will be happy to know that they can play the game on devices like Xbox, PlayStation, etc.
To secure one’s online experience, NordVPN provides impeccable security features for all of its NordLynx servers as well, which include a NordVPN no-log policy, a kill switch, Double VPN, server obfuscation, and 256-AES encryption. These features are all offered at the rate of AU$ 5.97/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan).
Other than the speed and security features mentioned above, some extras that we found during our NordVPN review in Australia include a 30-day money-back guarantee, a NordVPN free trial Australia, 6 simultaneous device connections with the same account, and a 24/7 live chat for customer support.
- Fastest VPN for Fortnite IP bans
- Largest server base with dedicated IPs
- Dark Web Monitor
- IP/DNS leakproof
- SmartPlay for easy unblocking
- Malware blocking inadequate
- OpenVPN not sophisticated
How to get unbanned from Fortnite with VPN in Australia
A Fortnite ban can occur for a variety of reasons including cheating and going against the Terms of Service. Lucky for you, if you ever face one, there are a few simple steps you need to take to overcome a Fortnite IP ban in Australia, including the use of a VPN. Take a closer look at the easy steps by reading the descriptions provided below.
1. Pick a premium VPN
The first step to bypass the ban is to understand why does Fortnite IP ban occur in the first place. Even the smallest action against the Terms of Service of Fortnite can get you banned. Since your IP address is banned, the logical Fornite IP ban fix is to get another IP address. Here is where your premium VPN will step in.
You must choose a premium VPN service, like our #1 recommendation, ExpressVPN with its Lightway protocol for blazing-fast gaming speeds, and get access to the many different IP addresses it will provide you with via VPN servers.
2. Download and install a VPN
Once you have chosen and subscribed to your VPN of choice, the next step is to download and install the VPN software on your device.
To download our recommended ExpressVPN, you must first subscribe to it by choosing a subscription plan that fits your budget and expectations best. Next, you may download the application on your device, keeping in mind that ExpressVPN is compatible with a long list of devices.
Once it is downloaded, it will provide you with the installation steps, following which you will be able to launch it.
3. Connect to a new server
After logging in to your VPN application, you will find a list of servers provided for you to connect to. ExpressVPN offers you 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries, so you can choose anyone, but it must be located in a region that is supported by Fortnite. Connecting to a server with a different IP address will automatically grant you access to Fortnite again.
4. Create a new Fortnite account and start playing
The last step to getting back to Fortnite gaming is to create a new account. For this, you must go to the website for Epic Games and click on the “Register” option. After providing all the required details and following the prompts given by the website, you will be able to create a new Epic Games account that will help you log in to Fortnite for unlimited, free gaming hours!
FAQs: Fortnite IP Ban in Australia
How long is an IP ban on Fortnite in Australia?
Fornite IP bans in Australia can be as long as 48 hours up to 30 days if they are temporary. There are some players that get banned permanently from Fortnite, which is the lifetime ban of that particular player’s IP.
Can I get around a Fortnite IP ban in Australia with a free VPN?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to get around a Fortnite IP ban in Australia, but it is not recommended. Why? Because free VPNs are not even close to being as secure about your data as premium ones. This results in frequent IP or DNS leaks, which defeats the purpose of getting a VPN altogether by getting you banned from Fortnite again.
How can I avoid an IP ban in Fortnite?
You can avoid an IP ban Fortnite by sticking strictly to the Terms of Service provided by the game and not using third-party apps to cheat on other players by improving your abilities the wrong way. You must also refrain from selling and buying accounts on Fortnite to avoid the IP ban.
All you need to know about a Fortnite IP ban in Australia is that it requires you to change your IP address to remove it. If you are banned temporarily, you may want to wait to recover your account with all its scores and records, but if you are banned permanently, your best bet is to get ExpressVPN and create a new Epic Games account to log into Fortnite with.
If this article is not all that you were hoping to know about removing your Fortnite IP ban in Australia, leave a comment below and we will update you with a solution to your gaming dilemma.