Serbia is considered a ‘partly free’ country by Freedom House when it comes to internet access. Despite being a partly free nation, Serbia has imposed a lot of censorship and restrictions on various websites and online platforms. Luckily, with the best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users, you can circumvent government-imposed censorship and spoof your location to ensure anonymity.
Serbia is one of the biggest countries in the Balkan region, coming under the umbrella of GDPR regulations. The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has issued the blocking of certain foreign sites in EU nations, including Serbia.
With a VPN you can regain access to these blocked sites in Serbia. Here is a brief overview of the best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users in 2023:
Quick Overview: 6 Best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users. Offers powerful security with 256-bit encryption, fast speed (85 Mbps on 100 Mbps base connection), and the ability to unblock restricted sites. 3000+ servers in 160 locations (including Serbia) in just AU$ 10.01/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) . Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to try out the service risk-free.
- Surfshark: Budget-Friendly VPN for Serbia. Highly affordable VPN for Serbia costing only AU$ 3.45/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) . With flagship security features, like 256-bit encryption, CleanWeb, OpenVPN, and WireGuard. Unblocks Netflix For Australian Users in Serbia and allows unlimited connections.
- NordVPN – Secure VPN for Serbia. Offers advanced security features like Nordlynx, CyberSec, SOCKS5 proxy, and 256-bit encryption at the cost of AU$ 5.99/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) . Works with Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and more. 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IPVanish – Fastest VPN for Serbia. Offers a perfect combination of the fast speed of 91 Mbps & robust security. 1,600+ servers in 75+ countries (3 in Serbia). Perfect for protecting you from online surveillance and granting access to geo-blocked content at the cost of only AU$ 5/mo (US$ 3.33/mo) . Offer 30-day money-back guarantees.
- CyberGhost: User-friendly VPN for Serbia. Offers easy-to-use apps with tons of security features including 256-bit encryption across different OSs. Comes with optimized servers for Netflix, Disney+, BBC, iPlayer. 24 servers in Serbia for only AU$ 3.17/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) . Offers a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Private Internet Access: Best VPN for Torrenting in Serbia. 35,000+ torrent optimized servers in 77 countries with a kill switch, & a SOCKS5 proxy for ultimate security. 24+ servers in Serbia the cost of AU$ 3.17/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) . Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
6 Best VPN For Serbia For Australian Users (April 2023 In-Depth Analysis)
We have tested 150+ VPNs to find the 6 best VPNs for Serbia For Australian Users. These VPNs have been tested on various criteria, including security, encryption, unblocking, compatibility, and availability of servers in Serbia. You can find the details of the testing criteria below.
Here is the in-depth analysis of the best VPNs for Serbia For Australian Users in 2023:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users, with excellent security, unblocking ability, and compatibility. It offers 3000+ servers across 94 countries (160 locations), including one server in Serbia. It is perfect for unblocking international sites like Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+ in Australia, Hulu in Australia, and more in Serbia.
Similarly, with its local servers, you can access Serbian TV channels like RTS 1, TV Avala, Happy TV, RTV Pink, and more abroad.
ExpressVPN is also one of the fastest VPNs in Australia, with amazing download and upload speeds. On its New York – US server, it gave a fast download speed of 85 Mbps. Our ExpressVPN speed tests in Australia can confirm this. With ExpressVPN, you can easily download large files and do data-intensive tasks like gaming, streaming, and more.
Apart from speed and excellent unblocking, ExpressVPN also offers top-notch security with 256-bit encryption, Network Lock in Australia, and SHA256 authentication. It also offers RAM servers that don’t store any user logs and wipe off all the data when the VPN is disconnected. It also offers IP and DNS leak protection – thus securing your IP address online, as can be seen in the screenshot below. To test, I connected to ExpressVPN’s US server, and it only showed the false IP that I got after connecting to the server.
ExpressVPN is compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, and can even be configured on a router. It also offers a free addon called MediaStreamer – a SmartDNS for devices that don’t have native support for VPNs like Smart TVs, PlayStation, Xbox, and more.
What sets ExpressVPN apart from other VPNs is that it also accepts payment in cryptocurrency for maximum anonymity, and it is also backed up by a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free For Australian Users in Serbia. Find out more in our ExpressVPN review in Australia.
- Best for bypassing geo-blocks & online privacy.
- Based in the safe jurisdiction of the British Virgin Islands
- Offers 1 server in Serbia
- Free MediaStreamer SmartDNS
- RAM-based servers that wipe all logs
- Slightly more expensive than other VPNs
2. Surfshark Budget-friendly VPN for Serbia
Surfshark is the best budget-friendly VPN for Serbia with affordable pricing plans, starting from only AU$ 3.45/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). Surfshark offers 3200 servers across 65 countries, including one server in Serbia. So, you can access not only international content with Surfshark in Serbia but also unblock local banking apps, TV channels, and websites abroad.
With its servers in 65 countries, you can unblock restricted sites in Serbia like Netflix, Disney+, ESPN, YouTube TV, BBC, and more. What’s best is that Surfshark supports unlimited connections on a single account, so you can stream on multiple devices at the same time and share it with your friends and family in Serbia.
It is also compatible with a wide range of operating systems and devices. Surfshark offers apps for Android, Windows, Mac, iOS, FireTV, and more. With Surfshark you can even watch Showtime in Australia with ease.
With Surfshark, you don’t have to worry about online security in Serbia, as it encrypts your traffic with 256-bit AES encryption, kill switch, and DNS/ IPv6 leak protection. Furthermore, this VPN also offers a cool feature called NoBorders that is capable of bypassing even the strictest firewalls and blocking technology.
- 3200 servers across 65 locations (including Serbia)
- Unblocks Netflix in 33 regions.
- Cheap VPN starting from $2.21/mo
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Live chat support is not available in all countries
- Limited P2P servers
3. NordVPN Secure VPN for Serbia
NordVPN is an extremely secure VPN for Siberia that offers state-of-the-art encryption (256-bit AES) and advanced security features for online data protection in Siberia. It also boasts a large server network of 5400+ servers across 59 countries, including 24+ servers in Siberia. So, people living abroad can access local Siberian websites and shows abroad with NordVPN.
With NordVPNs international servers, you can unblock GDPR blocked sites in Siberia, along with geo-restricted sites like Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Disney+, Foxtel, and more.
NordVPN is packing in the security department. It offers a kill switch, CyberSec (ad blockers), Onion Over VPN, Double VPN encryption, and more. These features are more than enough to secure your online activities in Siberia and avoid snooping from your ISP.
Additionally, NordVPN is based in Panama, so there are no mandatory data retention laws there that your data will not be collected by anyone. If you want additional security, NordVPN also provides dedicated IP addresses and obfuscated servers with OpenVPN.
It is also compatible with various devices and platforms including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and more. Check out the details in our detailed NordVPN review in Australia.
- 24+ servers in Serbia (5400 worldwide)
- Strong 256-bit AES encryption
- Audited no-logs policy
- 6 simultaneous connections on one account
- Easy compatibility with Smart TVs, gaming consoles & more
- Windows app is sluggish at times
- Double VPN feature gives slow speeds
4. IPVanish Fastest VPN For Serbia
IPVanish is one of the fastest VPNs for Serbia on this list, right behind ExpressVPN. It offers 1,600 servers across 75 locations, including 3 servers in Belgrade, Serbia. With both national and international servers, you can access various content in Serbia and abroad – making IPVanish a solid choice for streaming, and browsing securely in Serbia.
With unlimited bandwidth and fast server speed, you can unblock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more in Serbia. IPVanish also works with Netflix in Australia, so you can watch all the latest American series in Serbia. It is also fast enough for Ultra HD streaming.
The VPN service also has a major focus on security. Its 256-bit AES encryption, DNS, and IPv6 leak protection and kill switch are enough to keep your online activities and data secure from snooping. IPVanish also offers a cool Scramble feature that uses obfuscation to disguise your VPN traffic as normal HTTPS traffic, so no one can know you are using a VPN in Serbia.
One of the main advantages of IPVanish is that just like Surfshark it offers unmetered connections. So you can secure all your devices at the same time on one single account. It’s best as IPVanish apps are available for Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac. You can also manually install it on your routers to protect all devices on the home network. You can learn more about this VPN in our detailed IPVanish review in Australia.
- 1600 servers in 75 locations (3+ in Serbia)
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer & more
- No-log policy
- Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption
- Unlimited simultaneous connections on one account
- Based in the US
- Small server network as compared to other providers
5. CyberGhost User-Friendly VPN for Serbia
CyberGhost is a great user-friendly VPN for Serbia with easy-to-use apps for all major operating systems. Its apps are not only feature-rich but easy to navigate as well, making it a great choice for beginners in Serbia. It offers 7,000 servers in 90 countries, including 24+ servers in Serbia.
With CyberGhost, you can access both international and local content from anywhere in the world. This VPN is great for unblocking geo-restricted services from abroad, including Netflix, Hulu, Fox, Stan, Hotstar, and more. It is fast enough for streaming bufferless live TV without any lags.
What makes this VPN excellent for unblocking is its optimized servers for various purposes like gaming, streaming, and torrenting. For example, if you want to unblock Netflix in Serbia, all you need to do is connect to its Netflix server, instead of connecting to a country server. In the same way, there are multiple optimized servers for various platforms.
With CyberGhost, you don’t have to do a lot of configuration as it offers 256-bit encryption, malware scanning, kill switch, and DNS leak protection that are ready to use when you install the app. Moreover, it does not store any user logs, so your privacy is intact.
CyberGhost allows you to secure 7 devices simultaneously. It offers user-friendly apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux. You can also manually configure this on your routers. Learn more about this VPN in our CyberGhost review in Australia.
- 24+ servers in Serbia
- Uses AES-256 encryption
- Allows 7 simultaneous connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Offers dedicated servers for Hulu and Netflix
- Limited payment methods supported
6. PIA VPN Best VPN for Torrenting for Serbia
Private Internet Access is the best VPN for torrenting in Australia with one of the largest server networks among the VPNs on this list. It boasts a network of 35,000+ P2P servers across 77 countries, including 24 servers in Serbia. Yes, all PIA servers support P2P file sharing, making it a secure choice for downloading torrents in Serbia.
It works with all major streaming sites as well like Netflix, Stremio, BBC, HBO, and more. Similarly, on its local servers in Serbia, you can access local websites and TV channels abroad. It also offers reasonable speeds – for example, on its Canada server we got a download speed of 53.17 Mbps on 100 Mbps base connection speed. It is more than enough for downloading large files.
This VPN comes packed with advanced security features including 256-bit encryption, kill switch, and DNS/IP leak protection. It also offers a SOCKS5 proxy for P2P activities. It is also equipped with SHA-256 encryption and RSA-2048 public keys for authentication which is unhackable.
It allows you to secure 10 devices at the same time and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Learn more about this VPN service in our Private Internet Access review in Australia.
- 35000+ servers worldwide (24 in Serbia)
- Best optimized for torrenting.
- No DNS, IP, WebRTC leaks
- supports 10 simultaneous connections
- Headquartered in the U.S.
- Can only unblock some Netflix libraries (US, UK, Canada)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users. The provider offers a perfect blend of exceptional performance and ultimate security with 256-bit AES military-grade encryption.
Simple steps – How to use a VPN for Serbia For Australian Users
VPNs offer advanced features and protocols, but surprisingly they are very simple and easy to use. Below, we explain to you in simple steps how to use a VPN For Australian Users in Serbia to protect yourself online.
Here is how to use a VPN For Australian Users in Serbia:
- First, choose a VPN provider that offers servers both internationally and in Serbia (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Sign up for the VPN, and download its app on your device.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a server of your choice.
- Now, you can access the internet safely and unblock geo-restricted sites in Serbia.
Test Methodology: How we tested the best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users
Choosing the right VPN can be tricky as most VPNs on the market don’t offer the services and features that are promised, thus compromising your security. With that in mind, we shortlisted the 6 best VPNs for Serbia For Australian Users on the following criteria:
- Servers: Offers a large server network with global coverage and servers For Australian Users in Serbia.
- Fast speed: Provides fast connection speeds with low pings and latency.
- Geo-blocking: Has a strong unblocking ability to bypass geo-restrictions and give access to restricted services For Australian Users in Serbia.
- Encryption: All the VPNs on this list offer strong 256-bit AES encryption for data protection. They are also equipped with additional security features of kill switch, DNS leak protection, and more.
- Privacy: The best VPNs for Serbia For Australian Users offer a strict no-logs policy so your online activities are safe and anonymous. These providers don’t log any personally identifiable information.
- Compatibility: Offers apps for all major operating systems and platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and more.
- Money-back guarantee: Offers at least a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test the service free of cost in Serbia.
3 Reasons Why You Need a VPN for Serbia For Australian Users
Serbia is a ‘partly free’ country when it comes to online freedom. Therefore, there are several reasons why you need a VPN. VPNs are a powerful tool for hiding your online activities and accessing the internet securely. Here are some of the reasons why you need to use a VPN in Serbia:
1. Online Surveillance
Siberia’s government hasn’t passed any data retention laws directly, but they have been monitoring its citizen’s online activities and have taken down websites that talk against its leaders.
The government of Serbia requires Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to store user data for up to a year. What’s worse is that Siberian police and authorities have access to this user data that is a huge violation of the user’s right to privacy. In such conditions, the only to hide your online activities is to use a VPN to encrypt your data.
Similarly, its local media also spreads fake news to support the ruling elite in Siberia. During the coronavirus pandemic, the government also passed draconian legislation that restricted the online activities of bloggers, and online media. The law also allowed Serbian authorities access to user’s information.
2. Access blocked content
In 2018, Serbia started complying with GDPR regulations. The sites that don’t comply with GDPR data retention laws are blocked For Australian Users in Serbia along with other EU countries. Some of the blocked websites by GDPR in Serbia include the following:
- Daily Press
- New York Daily Times
- The Citizen
- The Daily News
- The World
With a VPN, you can connect to a US server and access these sites in Serbia. Similarly, you can also unblock streaming sites in Serbia like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO, Epix in Australia, Amazon Prime Video in Australia, NBC in Australia, and more.
3. Freedom of Speech
Serbia is a country with less freedom of speech and has a history of detaining people on the basis of “dissemination of false news and panic” among the public. In 2014, Serbia was hit by the worst flooding in the history of the country that devastated property, fields, and more. During that time, a number of websites that criticized the government’s behavior towards the crisis was hacked and removed showing the “404 error”.
Similarly, three men were imprisoned for posting on Facebook regarding hundreds of casualties in a Serbian town. If you are found guilty, you can get up to five years in prison.
“There is an obvious effort by the state to narrow the social dialogue … It’s also an effort to introduce one-mindedness in the country,” said the head of the Independent Journalists Association of Siberia.
The best way to hide your online activities in Serbia is to use a VPN. A VPN will mask your real IP address, thus making it impossible for your ISP to track you online and see your activities.
VPN Guides for Other Countries
FAQs – Best VPN For Serbia For Australian Users
Is VPN Legal for Use For Australian Users in Serbia?
Yes, using a VPN is legal For Australian Users in Serbia. With poor internet freedom and government surveillance in the country, the use of VPN is recommended in Serbia. However, keep in mind, using a VPN for criminal activities is illegal and punishable in Serbia.
Can I watch Serbian TV with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch Serbian TV online with a VPN that offers servers For Australian Users in Serbia like ExpressVPN. In fact, with a VPN, you can stream the following Serbian TV channels abroad:
- TV Avala
- Happy TV
- Fox Televizija
Can I use a free VPN For Australian Users in Serbia?
Technically speaking, you can use a free VPN For Australian Users in Serbia, but we don’t recommend it for various reasons. First, free VPNs are not safe as they log your online activities (websites you visit and more) and sell them to third-party advertisers.
Additionally, free VPNs don’t offer encryption to secure your data online, leading to cybersecurity concerns. Furthermore, most free VPNs offer a limited number of servers (2 – 10 servers) that are crowded with users, thus offering extremely slow speeds and constant VPN connection drops. These are only a few reasons, why we recommend using a premium VPN in Serbia instead that offers money-back guarantees.
Which VPN is best for streaming For Australian Users in Serbia?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming in Serbia because it offers 3000+ servers across 160 locations optimized for streaming. With so many servers and excellent unblocking, you can stream any international platform in Serbia with ease.
What is the best VPN for Android in Serbia?
The best VPN for Android in Serbia are ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN. Our top recommendation is ExpressVPN as it offers a dedicated Android app for various devices, including phones, tablets, Smart TV, and laptops. ExpressVPN’s Android app has all the advanced features and protocols.
Which VPN can unblock torrent sites For Australian Users in Serbia?
ExpressVPN can unblock torrent sites For Australian Users in Serbia. With ExpressVPN’s obfuscated servers, you can safely download torrents in Serbia.
The online freedom and privacy situation are not great For Australian Users in Serbia. Even Reporters Without Borders have declared Serbia “a dangerous country to be a journalist in”. Therefore, if you want to avoid these stringent online policies, then using the best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users is the safest and quickest option.
Again, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Serbia For Australian Users – offering strong encryption and a no-logs policy to keep you anonymous online. It also features great unblocking to bypass geo-restrictions and give you unrestricted access to international content in Serbia and circumvent censorship in the country.