A good VPN for PlayStation can help you enhance the capabilities of your console and help tap into restricted content from all over the world. After testing 160+ VPNs, we bring you the best VPN for PS4/PS5 in Australia, with ExpressVPN taking the lead as it offers a dedicated router app, with a Smart DNS MediaStreamer feature.
Sony PlayStation 4 and 5 are a masterpiece of perfection in the world of gaming. These are the most powerful gaming consoles you can get today. But let’s cut to the chase. You’re obviously here because you want to learn how to set up a PS4/ PS5 VPN in Australia. Right?
Although you can’t find VPN apps on the PlayStation Store, there are a few ways through which you can still use best VPN for PS4 and PS5 in Australia to get rid of geo-blocks, get new games before anyone else, reduce latency, and much more.
Now before you get ahead of yourself, getting a PS4 VPN up and running is not as straightforward as installing VPN apps for smartphones or desktops. Nonetheless, to make your life easier, I’ve compiled this guide to show you how to get a VPN on PS4 and PS5 in Australia.
But first, let’s check out some best VPNs for Ps4 and PS5 in Australia
Quick Overview: 5 Best PS4 and PS5 VPNs in Australia 2023
Here is a quick overview of the 5 best VPNs for PS4 and PS5 in Australia you can use in 2023.
- ExpressVPN– Best VPN for PS4/PS5 in Australia. Offers excellent unblocking ability, fast speed (85.8 Mbps on 100 Mbps base connection), and allows 5 simultaneous connections. Offers servers in 94 countries. Available for AU$9.94/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee to help you try out the service risk-free.
- NordVPN – Secure VPN for PlayStation in Australia. Comes with powerful features like kill switch, Nordlynx, OpenVPN protocol, and more. Offers 5500+ servers across 60 countries with obfuscation technology and allows 6 multi logins. Offering a speed of 82 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Available for AU$ 5.2/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for PS4/PS5 in Australia. Highly affordable VPN for PlayStation costing only AU$ 3.06/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) . With flagship features, like CleanWeb, and Split Tunneling. Offers 3200+ servers across 100 countries with a speed of 75.12 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps connection and allows unlimited multi-logins. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for PS4/PS5 in Australia. Offers easy-to-use apps with tons of features and a trendy UI for gamers. Comes with optimized servers for Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, including 9700+ servers across 91 countries. Offers a speed of 71.4 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Available for AU$ 3.03/mo (US$ 2.03/mo) with a 45-day money-back guarantee too.
- IPVanish – Fast VPN for PS4/PS5 in Australia. With 2000+ servers in 75+ countries. A great VPN for streaming, and gaming on PlayStation. Offers a connection speed of 90 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection and allows unlimited connections for only AU$ 5.95/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) with a 30-day refund policy.
5 Best VPNs for PS4/PS5 in Australia – In-Depth Analysis [Updated 2023]
After testing 50+ VPNs in Australia on various criteria, such as speed, compatibility, server network, encryption, and more, we bring you the 5 best VPNs for PlayStation in Australia 2023.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for PS4/PS5 in Australia
- 3,000+ Servers in 94 Countries
- Hard disk free infrastructure (RAM only)
- 256-bit Military-Grade Encryption
- Excellent unblocking capability for Netflix, Hulu & more
- 5 Multi Logins
- Zero-knowledge DNS
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for PS4/PS5 users in Australia. It offers servers in 94 locations including 6 servers locations in Australia. Due to these servers, ExpressVPN holds strong Netflix unblocking capabilities in Australia that come in very handy when streaming with a VPN.
ExpressVPN can be configured directly on a router, so any device that connects to the router (such as your PS4 or PS5) will be under the protective blanket of the VPN. With ExpressVPN on PlayStation in Australia, you can also secure other gaming consoles like Xbox One and Xbox 360.
You can try ExpressVPN with so many Games even it’s considered as the best VPN for CS:GO in Australia, Roblox in Australia, Warzone, Fortnite in Australia MapleStory in Australia, and also the best VPN for LOL etc.
I tested ExpressVPN’s Lightway protocol with Modern Warfare and was surprised by the speed. I did not experience any noticeable lags during gaming and it also protected against IP and DNS leaks. Meaning, that none of the players can see your real IP address and location – making ExpressVPN a great tool for protection against DDoS and DoS attacks.
Just to be sure, I performed IP and DNS leak protection of 10 ExpressVPN servers and found no leaks were detected on any servers during testing. It also offers great speeds on its servers in Australia.
One of the most attractive features of ExpressVPN is the MediaStreamer. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer allows its users to access major streaming sites that are geo-restricted on your gaming console in Australia. With ExpressVPN, you can access popular streaming platforms in Australia like US Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO, Disney+, and many more.
While we have briefly covered why ExpressVPN is such a good fit for PS4 and PS5 consoles in Australia, check out our separate detailed ExpressVPN PS4 setup guide to purchase games for cheap, play online games without lag, and enjoy other such benefits.
ExpressVPN is available for just AU$9.94/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) and there is also a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free on your PlayStation.
For more information, read our full review of ExpressVPN in Australia.
2. NordVPN – Secure VPN for PS4/PS5 in Australia
- 5100+ servers in 60+ countries
- Military-grade encryption (Double VPN encryption)
- CyberSec protects your device from intrusive ads
- Strict no-logs policy
- Automatic Kill Switch
- DNS leak protection
- 6 Multi-logins
- Live chat support
- Easy-to-use app
NordVPN is the most secure VPN in Australia for PlayStation users with the best security and privacy features. It offers a huge global server network (5500+ servers in 60 countries) including 5 server locations in Australia and it unblocks hundreds of streaming platforms in Australia.
NordVPN servers are equipped with obfuscation technology that masks your VPN traffic and disguises it as normal internet traffic to bypass VPN blocks. So, NordVPN can help you access restricted gaming servers in Australia and download new gaming titles without waiting owing to its fast speeds.
NordVPN offers top-of-the-line 256-bit encryption that fully masks your real IP address and DNS, so no player can see your personal information, while you are playing online. I tested NordVPNs 5 servers in Australia and all passed IP and DNS leak tests as it showed the IP of the server I was connected to and not my real IP address. You can also check out our detailed NordVPN PS4 setup guide for more information.
There is a DoubleVPN feature that encrypts your data twice for additional security. You can also choose from various protocols including OpenVPN, NordLynx, IKEv2, L2TP, and more.
Also, the famous Panama-based VPN service offers a multitude of interesting features. Not only does it come with powerful encryption and protocols, but it also offers a 30 days money-back guarantee and is available for only AU$ 5.2/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). Best of all, You can also use NordVPN’s 7-day free trial in Australia for PS4 and PS5 easily in Australia.
To know about such benefits, you must read our full review of NordVPN in Australia.
3. Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN for PS4/ PS5 in Australia
- 3,200+ servers in 100 countries
- RAM-only servers (no hard disks)
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unblocks Netflix and More
- 24/7 Customer Service
Surfshark is another excellent VPN for PlayStation in Australia and is the most budget-friendly VPN with a lot to offer. The service is compatible with all the leading platforms and gaming consoles, including PS5.
I was able to set up Surfshark via virtual router through my PC in about 20 minutes. One thing that I really like about Surfshark is the fact that it offers unlimited device connections simultaneously. Surfshark has amazing gaming features and it is one of the best VPN for Black Desert.
As for speeds, Surfshark is the fastest VPN capable of delivering 75.12 Mbps downloading speed thanks to its network of 3200+ servers in 100 countries including 3 server locations in Australia. Apart from providing access to games, it can also unblock major streaming platforms on your PlayStation in Australia.
It also offers fast speeds on its servers.
It performs really well when it comes to unblocking geo-restricted content. With Surfshark, we managed to unblock various Netflix libraries (including US, UK, CA), Disney+, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and more.
Surfshark offers some of the best security features in Australia like an automatic kill switch, CleanWeb (adblocker), Whitelister (split tunneling), DNS/IPv6 leak protection, and MultiHop. Its MultiHop feature allows double VPN encryption by rerouting your traffic through 2 different servers. Making it impossible for your ISP or hackers to track your activities.
You can also choose from various security protocols including IKEv2, OpenVPN, WireGuard, and Shadowsocks. Surfshark also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, so you can connect as many devices as you want on a single subscription.
Surfshark is available for AU$3.06/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) comes with a 30-days money-back guarantee so you can test it risk-free for 30 days.
If you wish to test other enticing features of this VPN before buying it first, opt for the Surfshark free trial in Australia. For more info, please read our detailed Surfshark review.
4. CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for PS4/ PS5 with Optimized Gaming Servers in Australia
- 7,700+ Servers in 90 Countries
- 7 Simultaneous Logins
- 45 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Strict No Logs Policy
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- Strong Protocols & Encryption
CyberGhost is the most user-friendly VPN in Australia for PlayStation that is super easy to use and a great choice for beginners. CyberGhost offers 9700+ servers in 91 countries including 2 server locations in Australia, and all these servers are organized into categories. These categories include servers optimized for streaming, torrenting, gaming, and more.
For gaming, you can simply connect to a gaming-optimized server. The gaming server locations are also marked with Ping rates so you can choose the most optimal one for your gaming needs. It also offers fast speeds for gaming in Australia.
It even has servers dedicated to unblocking streaming sites like US Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, HBO Max, Crunchyroll, and more.
Unlike internet service providers (ISPs), this VPN does not throttle data or bandwidth for online games, which means you get a decrease in ping times, better server hops, and enhanced lag. I was able to play MLB The Show 21 without latency.
It also features a user-friendly interface that can easily be set up on different gaming consoles, including the PS4 and PS5. You can also connect up to 7 devices with a single CyberGhost account in Australia.
If we talk about security, CyberGhost offers 256-bit encryption, an automatic kill switch, and multiple protocols to choose from. You can choose between IKEv2 and WireGuard security protocols. For OpenVPN, you will have to manually configure it on your router.
CyberGhost is also reasonably priced at AU$ 3.03/mo (US$ 2.03/mo) and comes with a generous 45-day money-back guarantee. There is also a 24/7 live chat feature in case you need assistance.
To compare its performance in terms of other parameters like speed, compatibility, and others, check out our extensive CyberGhost review.
5. IPVanish – Fast VPN for PS4/PS5 in Australia
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec & OpenVPN protocols
- 40,000+ IPs & 1000+ servers in 60+ countries
- 10 Multi logins
- 7-Day Money Back Guarantee
- 256bit AES encryption
IPVanish allows unlimited simultaneous connections in Australia, so you can connect your PlayStation and other devices at the same time on a single account. It is also one of the fastest VPNs for online gaming in Australia.
IPVanish allows you to select an IP address from any of its 2000+ servers in 75+ countries including 5 servers location in Australia and access gaming servers from anywhere in the world. It also features a Quick Connect feature that connects you to the best server based on your location and network.
IPVanish also offers state-of-the-art security features and uses advanced OpenVPN protocol along with 256-bit AES encryption. Also, IPVanish offers an actual no logs policy for ultimate privacy. IPVanish also offers fast connection speeds.
Thus, IPVanish is a complete package and easily the best VPN for PS4 and PS5 available in the Australian market. IPVanish for PS4 also delivers some other impressive security features like IP and DNS leak protection along with Internet Kill Switch. I was able to play Outriders online without any connection drops.
IPVanish also offers a Scramble feature that obfuscates your traffic. It makes your VPN traffic seem like regular internet traffic. The Scramble feature will let you bypass VPN blocks in countries with heavy restrictions like China, and more.
IPVanish is also quite affordable, available at a price of just AU$ 5.95/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) , which also includes a 30-day refund policy.
To get to know this provider, check out our in-depth and detailed IPVanish Review.
Side-by-Side Comparison of 5 Best VPNs for PS4/PS5 in Australia 2023
|Works with||PlayStation, Xbox, iOS, Nintendo, Android, Windows, routers, and more||PlayStation, Xbox, iOS, Nintendo, Android, Windows, routers, and more||PlayStation, Xbox, iOS, Nintendo, Android, Windows, routers, and more||PlayStation, Xbox, iOS, Nintendo, Android, Windows, routers, and more||PlayStation, Xbox, iOS, Nintendo, Android, Windows, routers, and more|
|Unblocks Streaming Sites||Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and more.||Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Showtime, and more||Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more.||Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, CBS, and more.||Netflix (US only)|
|Simultaneous Device Connections||5||6||Unlimited||7||Unlimited|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days||30 days||30 days||45 days||30 days|
|More Info||ExpressVPN Review||Surfshark Review||NordVPN Review||CyberGhost Review||IPVanish Review|
|Visit Site||Visit Site||Visit Site||Visit Site||Visit Site|
Testing Methodology: How to Choose the Best VPN for PlayStation in Australia
All the VPNs mentioned above work with both PS4 and PS5 in Australia. Here are some important criteria to keep in mind when it comes to choosing the best VPN for PlayStation in Australia:
- High-security and encryption to help you keep safe while playing games online in Australia. It is best to choose a VPN that offers 256-bit AES encryption; the industry’s best encryption protocol. It will help protect you against DDoS attacks.
- Fast speeds for gaming. The minimum speed requirement for gaming without lag is 15 Mbps, so you need a VPN that is fast, and doesn’t throttle your speeds.
- Large server network so you can unblock regionally restricted games and connect to a gaming server with fast speeds, and low pings for maximum performance. Apart from gaming, it will also help you unblock streaming sites like Netflix from outside Australia.
- Easy PS setup. The VPN you choose should be easy to set up on gaming consoles. For that, a VPN should be compatible with routers or you can also set up a virtual router via PC. All the VPNs mentioned above are compatible with PS4/PS5 and are easy to set up.
- Money-back guarantee. The VPNs mentioned above offer a 30-days money-back guarantee or more, so you can test these VPNs with your PlayStation free of cost for 30 days and then choose the best one that meets your requirements.
How to set up NordVPN on PS4/ PS5 in Australia?
Spoiler: All the setup processes covered below are of the NordVPN PS4 App and can be used for PS5.
There are three ways to set up a PS4 VPN in Australia. I have covered all three easy step-by-step tutorials below, explaining different PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 VPN setups to help you quickly get started. Follow along with the steps to learn how to use VPN on PS4 and PS5 in Australia.
Note: We will cover how to connect NordVPN on PS4 (and PS5) in Australia step by step for our setup guides.
Method #1: How to set up VPN on PS4 and PS5 in Australia through Windows PC?
Here is how you can install a VPN through PC Windows and connect NordVPN to PS4 in Australia:
- First, download and install one of the specified VPN services on your computer.
- Launch VPN and connect to US server
- Now, use the crossover cable to connect PlayStation 4 (or PlayStation 5) with your computer.
- Go to the Control Panel of your system and click on Network and Sharing Center.
- From the left pane of the window, select Change adapter settings
- Now, right-click on the icon of the VPN you are using. And click on Properties.
- In the properties window, click on Sharing tab and mark enable. Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
- Now tap on the drop-down menu of Home Networking Connection. And select a connection that you want to share with your console.
- Next, click on OK
- Access the XMB menu of PS 4 (or PS5) and go to Settings>Network Settings>Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose Use a LAN Cable when asked and make sure to put the connection method as Easy.
- Next, tap on Do Not Use a Proxy Server when asked.
- Finally, proceed by accepting all the settings, select Test Connection, and you’re done with setting up your PS4 VPN on Windows in Australia.
Method #2: PS5/PS4 VPN Setup Guide through MAC in Australia?
Besides windows, users can set up a VPN through Mac for PS4 or PS5 in Australia by following these simple steps:
- Please choose from one of the mentioned VPN services, download and install it on your Mac.
- Use a crossover cable to connect PlayStation 4 (or PlayStation 5) with your system.
- Now, from the bottom of the screen, go to System Preferences>Sharing.
- On the Sharing page, click on Internet Sharing.
- Click on the drop-down menu of Share Your Connection From, and select a source of your internet connection, i.e., Ethernet, AirPort, or Wireless.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu of To Computer Using and choose Ethernet.
- Mark enable the checkbox next to Internet Sharing.
- Next, the Internet Sharing icon will turn green, and sharing will be started.
- Access and log into the VPN app on your Mac system, go to servers list and select the desired country to connect.
- Now, from the XMB menu on your PS4 (or PS5), go to Settings>Network Settings>Setup Internet Connection.
- Next, choose to Use a LAN Cable when asked.
- Choose the connection method as
- Finally, click on Do Not Use a Proxy Server and proceed by accepting all settings. Make sure to perform Test Connection, and you’re done with setting VPN on PS4 (and PS5) in Australia through Mac.
Method #3: How to set up a VPN on PS4/ PS5 in Australia through Wi-Fi Router?
Last but not least, you can use a VPN on your PS4 and PS5 in Australia by flashing Wi-Fi routers. For this method, you will require a provider that supports Wi-Fi routers. For instance, you can find the NordVPN PlayStation setup online pretty easily. Here’s how to use VPN on PS4 and PS5 in Australia without pc:
- Go to the XMB menu of PS4/ PS5 and select Settings>Network Settings>Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose Use Wi-Fi when asked.
- Select the connection method as Easy if asked
- Select your Wireless internet connection and enter your username & password
- Make sure to click on Do Not Use a Proxy Server.
- Lastly, proceed by accepting all settings and click on Test Connection.
5 Reasons Why You Need a VPN for PS4/ PS5 in Australia
It is important to consider a few factors before subscribing to a PlayStation VPN. Amongst those factors, speed is of paramount importance. The one that has the fastest speed is the one to choose. However, some of the major benefits of using a PS4 VPN in Australia that you might be missing out on are:
1. Play PlayStation Games Faster
If you use PlayStation in Australia for gaming purposes, we recommend that you subscribe to a VPN provider that kills ping. For gamers, it is necessary to select the PPTP protocol, which is amongst the fastest and reduces latency.
Moreover, Kill Ping is impressive software for gamers. The purpose of this gaming app is to provide gamers with a lag-free online gaming environment. Check out the Kill Ping review to find out more information in detail.
2. Reduce Ping, Latency Spikes & Lags
Although latency is a real issue and something you expect when you set up a VPN for PS5 or PS4 in Australia, however, in reality, a PlayStation VPN can actually sometimes help in this situation.
One method that works for reducing lag is setting up a VPN connection to a physically closer to the gaming server you are trying to play in. This can provide better ping than your regular internet. However, there is no guarantee that this method would always work.
This is why it is a good idea to check out the best VPNs with a free trial for their ability to reduce pings before you decide to pay for one. You might be thinking about using a free proxy server for PS4 and PS5 in Australia, but it will not give you premium results as a VPN does. If you’re looking for more VPNs for gaming, you can check out this list.
3. Unblock Netflix US & Amazon Prime from Australia on PS4 and PS5
If you don’t know, copyright and licensing laws prevent streaming services from offering the same catalogue of content everywhere equally.
Although Netflix is available in most parts of the world, regions other than the US only get a watered-down version with a small catalogue of content as compared to the US. Like Netflix, Amazon Prime only offers limited content in different regions and requires an Amazon Prime VPN.
However, if you use a VPN app for PS4 or PS5 on Netflix and Amazon Prime in Australia, you can easily access the largest library of TV shows and movies available online right on your console.
4. Be the first to play newly released games early.
Just like movies, PlayStation games are released on different dates around the world. The majority of PS4 and PS5 games are launched earlier in the Canadian and Japanese regions than the US and UK.
But, with a VPN for PlayStation, you have the edge over others by playing a newly released game from anywhere. The above-listed VPN services have more than hundreds of servers in prime regions of the world and offer a range of locations that you can connect to for playing recent releases.
5. Protect yourself from DDoS Attacks
DDoS attacks can be a nightmare for any gamer. A DDoS attack victim faces sudden system crashes, sluggish internet speed, and an overall terrible online gaming experience.
However, getting a VPN on PS5 and PS4 offers robust protection against DDOS attacks, so you enjoy a flawless online gaming experience without worrying about cyber threats. Keep in mind that PlayStation proxy servers cannot protect you from cyber threats and offer protection like a VPN.
Best VPN for PS4 in Australia to kill online gaming issues
I’ve experimented with measuring the top VPN app’s performance for PS4 in terms of ping reduction, lag & latency elimination, and overall gaming experience.
Note: All tests were performed on an intentionally throttled internet connection of 100 Mbps speed. The tests were conducted in the United States by connecting to servers located in different cities.
|Title||Ping||Recommended PS4 VPN App|
|Before Using VPN||After Using VPN|
|Battlefield 5||119 ms||70 ms|
AU$9.94/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
|Doom Eternal||150 ms||68 ms|
|Overwatch 2||173 ms||61 ms|
|Watch Dogs 2||156 ms||93 ms|
|Uncharted 4||198 ms||105 ms|
|Titanfall 2||170 ms||69 ms|
Best Free VPN for PS4 in Australia
So, it’s a no-brainer that not everyone wants to use a paid VPN service for their PS4 in Australia. It’s easy to be tempted to use free VPNs in Australia. However, as I’ve mentioned in every other article I’ve covered, free VPNs are only good for light usage. Not only do free VPNs sell user data, but they also don’t offer features that are necessary for maintaining privacy.
All in all, you should avoid using a free VPN whenever possible. However, a few trustworthy providers are offering good free vpns for gaming purpose, on PS4 and PS5 in Australia that you can try.
FAQs – The Best VPN for PS4 & PS5 in Australia
How do you change DNS on PS4 in Australia?
Here is how you can manually change DNS on PS4 (and also on PS5) in Australia. You can select any specific server to connect. We have chosen Google’s server in this case:
- Power on your console and go to Settings>Network>Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose WiFi/LAN for your connection and choose Custom.
- Make the following changes in settings:
- IP Address Settings as Automatic
- DHCP Host Name as Do Not Specify
- DNS Settings as Manual
- Primary DNS as 184.108.40.206
- Secondary DNS as 220.127.116.11
- MTU Settings as Automatic
- Proxy Server as Do Not Use
Does using a VPN reduce ping in Australia?
Yes, it does reduce ping in Australia to a certain degree. The task of reducing the ping on your PS4 or PS5 is not much difficult. You can connect your PS4/ PS5 to LAN instead of W-LAN through a gigabit cable. You can also opt for a gaming VPN which I have mentioned above.
Can you change your IP address on ps4 in Australia?
You can use a VPN for PS4 to change your IP address in Australia on your favorite console instantly. When you use a VPN on your PS4 device, you can bypass region-blocking hassles in no time.
How to use a VPN on my PS4 without a PC in Australia?
If you don’t have a PC, you can set up a mobile hotspot using your smartphone and connect it to your PlayStation. First, you would need to connect your smartphone with a VPN, and then connect your PlayStation to the hotspot. All the above-mentioned VPNs are compatible with Android and iOS. This way you can use a VPN in Australia on PS4 with a phone.
However, keep in mind that you can only set up hotspots on your mobile data, so if you don’t have unlimited data on your phone, it might end up costing you a lot of money, because PlayStation games are data-intensive and require fast download speeds.
Does VPN in Australia improve gaming ?
Yes, security and privacy-wise, VPNs can greatly benefit gamers in Australia. With a VPN, you can spoof your IP address and location by accessing servers in another country. It protects you from Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
How do I use a free VPN on PS4 in Australia?
Follow these steps to use a free VPN on PS4 in Australia:
- Download a free VPN.
- Connect your PS4 to your computer.
- Go to Settings > Network and Sharing Center.
- Share your VPN connection. To do that select ‘Change Adapter Settings’ > click your VPN name and enable the option ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet.”
- Choose your PS4 connection under ‘Home Networking Connection’.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a server.
- Launch your PS4 and start gaming in Australia.
Should I use a VPN for PS4 / PS5 in Australia?
If you want to play the latest online games on your PlayStation 5 or 4 and protect your online privacy in Australia, then Yes, you should use a VPN. This article covers the best VPNs that offer you more features than a PlayStation proxy server in Australia.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for PS4 & PS5 in Australia as it offers impressive compatibility, thousands of servers, and top-notch performance at affordable pricing. The remaining 5 VPNs also offer pretty decent compatibility with routers and come with decent features in Australia; however, if I had to pick just one, I would choose ExpressVPN.
There is also a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk free for 30 days. If you are not satisfied, you can always get a full refund, no questions asked.