So, if you’re traveling or recently moved to Australia, you can’t watch your HGTV favorite shows. Thus getting a reliable VPN in Australia connection to have a US IP address in Australia can help you to unblock geo-restrictions for HGTV anywhere. So, we aim to help you to get the best VPN for HGTV in Australia.
Are you fed up with the poor performance VPNs give after unblocking any streaming platform? Or are you tired of looking for the right VPN for your HGTV streaming in Australia? Well, do not worry. We will suggest the best possible services worldwide so you never have to Google anything like this again.
HGTV is one of the most popular US cable TV channels by Warner Bros. Discovery for its unique content. From streaming interior designs to live real estate investments and house hunting, it offers something for all. Moreover, you can also watch famous movies and shows like Fixer to Fabulous, Love It or List It, Good Bones, etc. The best part is you can use a VPN to bypass the geo-bans on HGTV.
However, not all VPNs have equal efficacy for this. Some compromise on speed and unblocking capability, while others lack security and privacy features. To unblock HGTV in Australia, we’ve tested 48+ VPNs to prepare our top 3 choices. ExpressVPN is our top choice for its speedy US servers, unlimited bandwidth, no-logs policy, and Internet kill switch features.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN for HGTV in Australia 2022
Go through this quick rundown to select the best VPN for HGTV in Australia in 2022:
- ExpressVPN – The best VPN for HGTV in Australia. ExpressVPN has robust US servers and uses lightway protocol to ensure its users have a hassle-free streaming experience.
- Surfshark – The best budget-friendly VPN for HGTV. Surfshark competes with its competitors by providing all the premium VPN services for geo-unblocking at a low price tag of AU$ 3.44/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) .
- NordVPN – VPN with the largest server network for HGTV streaming. It offers 1970+ servers only in the US, ensuring you have uncapped bandwidth for a buffering-free streaming experience.
To know how did we choose these VPNs:
Check our testing Methodologies | FAQs
Why Do You Need The Best VPN For HGTV in Australia?
You need the best VPN for HGTV in Australia. Since Discovery Inc has geo-restricted HGTV, you need to be physically present in the US to stream its on-demand and live programs.
These location restrictions are meant to follow the media streaming laws worldwide and licensing agreements. That’s why whenever you try to watch HGTV in Australia, you see the error message popping on your screen saying:
“Soon…But Not Quite Yet
Discovery+ is not yet available in this location. We can’t wait to bring discovery+ to your part of the world!”
Technically, HGTV uses your IP address to know your location. If this address is not from the US, it will forbid you from streaming its contents.
So, here a VPN comes into action. It masks your actual IP address and gives you a virtual one from the US. So, now you can access HGTV as if you are living in America.
Not only this, but VPN also protects your device connection so you can browse over the Internet without having to worry about anything else.
We found ExpressVPN the best choice for unblocking HGTV in Australia. You can get this VPN for $6.67 with three months free in 12 monthly price plan. The best part is you can claim all your money with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you think you do not need it anymore.
Best VPN For HGTV in Australia (2022 In-Depth Analysis)
We have tested over 48 VPNs to help you find the best VPN for HGTV in Australia. Here is our detailed review of the 3 best HGTV VPNs:
1. ExpressVPN – The best VPN for HGTV in Australia
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 25+ server locations in the US
- Lightning-fast speed
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- Compatible with most operating systems, including iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for HGTV in Australia. Its light protocol and robust streaming-optimized servers ensure you have a seamless streaming experience on this platform like never before.
We tested the ExpressVPN for HGTV unblocking capability on its US-New York server. Not only was the connection established instantly, but all the HGTV titles were ready to access the right way.
Not only HGTV but ExpressVPN can also unblock other geo-restricted platforms, including Pop TV in Australia, Acorn TV, Sling TV, HBO, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more. To test the efficiency, we also tried streaming Netflix with ExpressVPN in Australia, and it didn’t disappoint. Also, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for GalaVision in Australia and also the best VPN for Fox Business Network in Australia as well. It has 25+ server locations in the US for unblocking this GalaVision in Australia.
Are you struggling to watch your favorite shows like “The Soul Man,” “Nobodies,” or “Younger” on TV Land in Australia? Well, unfortunately, the TV Land is blocked in Australia due to geo-restrictions. Therefore, you need the best VPN for TV Land in Australia that can provide you with a dedicated US IP.
The ExpressVPN’s speed test also gave us 89.42 Mbps download speed and 84.64 Mbps upload speed over a 100 Mbps connection. This is the best speed any VPN gave us in our whole VPN testing period.
Since this VPN is compatible with the most popular operating systems, you can use it on all types of streaming devices. So, download ExpressVPN on a PC, smartphone, laptop, SmartTV, computer, Amazon Fire Stick, Kodi, Roku, and even on gaming consoles. Moreover, you can also configure ExpressVPN on your Wi-Fi router and connect your VPN-incompatible devices with it.
EpressVPN comes with advanced 256 bits encryption, Internet Kill Switch, and foolproof DNS/IP leak protection. It is done to ensure none of your private data leaks anywhere, and you may have a hassle-free streaming experience.
You can get your ExpressVPN subscription for AU$ 9.98/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). Also, you can claim all this money within 30 days of subscription with a money-back guarantee. There is also an ExpressVPN 7 days free trial available for iOS and Android.
Cannot work with ExpressVPN on your media streaming device? Use the live chat feature on 24/7 customer support to get personalized help.
For more information, check out our comprehensive ExpressVPN review in Australia.
- Buffering free streaming experience on HGTV
- 256 Bits AES encryption
- All rounded performance in all departments
- Lightening fast speed
- US servers optimized for streaming
- Fairly expensive compared to other VPN providers
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for HGTV
- 3200+ servers in 3200 countries globally, including 600+ servers in the US
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Compatible with: macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Surfshark is the best budget-friendly VPN for HGTV. Not only is it an economical option, but it also offers unlimited simultaneous device connections. Therefore, it becomes a go-to option if you need a VPN for your family.
We tested Surfshark’s geo-unblocking claim on its US-Chicago server. As soon as we connected to it, all the titles on HGTV were ready to assess in Australia, including live streaming.
Besides HGTV, Surfshark can also bypass restrictions on other global platforms, including Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Acorn TV, Global TV, Peacock TV, Willow TV, HBO Max, and BBC iPlayer. With powerful unblocking technology, you can explore multiple libraries of Netflix with Surfshark in Australia. Surfshark is also considered the best VPN for Cine Latino in Australia because it can be easily unblock with its US servers in Australia.
Moreover, Surfshark’s speed test also gave us an average download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps over a 100 Mbps connection. This speed was fast enough to ensure a glitch-free streaming experience.
Moreover, this VPN is compatible with the most popular streaming devices, including Smart TVs, smartphones, laptops, computers, Amazon firestick, Kodi, Roku, etc. Additionally, you can enjoy your favorite shows on Apple TV using Surfshark Smart DNS feature in Australia. Surfshark is also considered the best VPN for Cine Latino in Australia because it can be easily unblock with its US servers in Australia.
Surfshark comes with state-of-the-art 256 Bits AES encryption and also double VPN technology on multiple servers. Moreover, it ensures complete DNS leak protection, Internet Kill Switch, and obfuscation features. All these things ensure no one can intrude on your virtual privacy and your online presence remains completely anonymous.
You may get your Surfshark subscription for AU$ 3.44/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The 24/7 customer support also accompanies the plan to help you with all the things that cause you problems while using the VPN in Australia. You can also use Surfshark free trial in Australia for 7 days on macOS, iOS, and Android as it offers 7 days free trial for these devices.
To learn more about this affordable VPN, check out our thorough Surfshark review in Australia.
- Seamless HGTV streaming experience
- Unlimited device connection
- Military-grade security
- No log privacy
- 24/7 customer support
- Apps could be more customized
3. NordVPN – The HGTV streaming VPN with the Largest Server Network
- 5500 servers in 60 countries, including 1970 servers in 15 different regions in the US
- Fast speed for streaming HGTV
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Unlimited connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Compatible with: Android, macOS, Windows, Smart TV, Firestick, and more
NordVPN is the HGTV streaming VPN with the largest server network in Australia. With more than 1970 servers in the US, it ensures you have unlimited bandwidth even in the presence of high internet traffic.
We have checked NordVPN US servers’ efficacy for unblocking HGTV. As soon as we connected to the US-Denver servers, all the titles on HGTV were ready to stream.
NordVPN unblocks HGTV and other media platforms, including Netflix, Peacock TV, Acorn TV, HBO, BBC iPlayer, etc. Becuas eof huge server network in US it is the best VPN for Big ten Network in Australia as well.
Moreover, NordVPN’s speed test gave us an average download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps over 100 Mbps. There was an occasional slight glitch during streaming. However, that was not so pronounced to affect our overall experience.
Moreover, this VPN is compatible with the most popular operating systems, including macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, etc. So you will not have any trouble bypassing platform restrictions on your favorite device in Australia. This also means you can use NordVPN on Firestick to stream your favorite shows onto the big screens.
NordVPN offers 256 AES encryption and a double VPN feature to provide an extra layer of encryption for foolproof security. Moreover, the Internet kill switch, no logs policy, and DNS leak protection are there to protect your privacy from malicious third-party attacks.
You can get your NordVPN subscription for AU$ 5.97/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Moreover, the 24/7 customer support on live chat is there to assist you in case of any trouble using the VPN in Australia. You can also get the NordVPN 7-day free trial on your Android smartphones and test all their features absolutely free.
If you want to learn more about this VPN provider, check out our thorough NordVPN review in Australia.
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- Military-grade security
- No log privacy
- Stable VPN connection
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Customer support is not quick enough
- Occasional speed lags
Testing Methodology: How We Tested The Best VPN For HGTV in Australia
Our rigorous testing procedure followed a particular set of standards. These standards were pre-set and designed to ensure our best VPN for HGTV in Australia must have great efficacy for this platform. Here are these:
- Security: As we were seeking a VPN that would provide our users with the best possible security features in Australia, we looked carefully at the military-grade 256-bit AES encryption. All the other features, including Double VPN technology, gave the VPN under testing a point extra for us to consider.
- Unblocking Feature: Besides HGTV, the best VPN should also be able to unblock all global media platforms in Australia. Therefore, we have examined all the VPNs from our list to see if they can bypass geo-blocking Firewalls on Willow TV, Acorn TV, Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, HBO, Global TV, and other geo-restricted international platforms.
- Servers: Since you need to bypass strict scrutinizing software and firewalls, the VPN in use must have robust servers. Moreover, we need a server diversity for unlimited bandwidth and ultra HD streaming in Australia. Therefore, we checked all of our VPNs for their servers in the US.
- Simultaneous Connection: What if you want to stream your HGTV on your mobile and laptop simultaneously? Do you need a new subscription for your Smart TV in Australia? No, the VPN must be able to support simultaneous connections. So we only added VPNs that offer at least 5 simultaneous connections.
Can I Use A Free VPN For HGTV in Australia?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for HGTV in Australia. However, we recommend you avoid that because free VPNs pose a massive risk to your online security and privacy. Most of them are known to log your data and then sell it to third parties. Others compromise on network encryption and jeopardize all your virtual security.
Most importantly, these VPNs often have a limited server network, inhibiting users from connecting to their favorite websites worldwide. So, we recommend using ExpressVPN for HGTV as it provides excellent efficacy and simultaneously offers amicable security and privacy in Australia.
FAQs – Best VPN For HGTV in Australia
Does VPN work with HGTV in Australia?
Yes, you can use VPN for HGTV streaming in Australia. A VPN will spoof your actual IP address and let you access the platform using an American IP. Now, no geo-restriction can block you from streaming your favorite movies and shows on HGTV.
How can I watch HGTV in Australia with a VPN?
Here is a simple 3-step guide to watching HGTV in Australia using a VPN:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN and proceed with the payment plan. We recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN app and log in to your account.
- Connect to a US server, and return to the HGTV platform. Happy binging!
Is it legal to watch HGTV in Australia with a VPN?
Yes, it is completely legal to watch HGTV in Australia using a VPN. Fortunately, no country has considered making any laws that forbid the use of a VPN to bypass media streaming laws in the region. Therefore, you can use any premium VPN service for HGTV without fear.
Now, you know you can stream HGTV using the reliable VPN we have mentioned already. However, never use a free VPN on your device and shove your whole system into the hands of malicious third parties.
Buying a VPN is always a great investment; it will not only help you watch HGTV in Australia but also it will help you to maintain your online privacy in a modern way.
By now, you should have a clear idea about which VPN to choose, but if you are still unsure about the best VPN for HGTV in Australia, ExpressVPN is our recommendation.
In case you have any related queries, you may ask in the comment section. We would be happy to help.