Most internet freaks love to use Brave Browser for its fast, private, secure, and ad-free features. This is one of the open-source browsers to support you with additional layers of security and protection. Unfortunately, Brave Browser doesn’t mask your IP addresses or encrypt your data in regions other than US. Thus to keep Australian users internet browser protected, you need the best VPN for Brave Browser for Australian users.
Any simple VPN extension for Brave browser will not work here as most are just proxies having limited features and no data encryption. Therefore, some best VPNs will protect all of your internet browsing and apps with security features like AES-256 bit encryption and a no-logs policy.
We recommend using ExpressVPN, packed with cutting-edge features for security and privacy with the Brave browser. On top of this, it has a browser extension with Brave compatibility to ensure a secure and private browsing experience. With the 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try it and claim a refund if you are not satisfied.
Here, we have tested multiple VPNs services to list down the best VPNs for Brave Browser. Scroll down to discover them!
Why do Australian Users need a VPN for Brave Browser?
Australians need a VPN for Brave Browser to keep your browsing activities private from your ISPs. Most ISPs track their customers’ online movement even if they use private or incognito mode. So, a Brave VPN will protect your data from intruders or prevent your browsing activities from being tracked online.
A VPN for brave can let you browse privately by hiding your activities from your ISPs. VPNs with no-log policies don’t track logs, so your data is completely safe in all modes with a brave VPN.
Although Brave is a secure browser, you still need a VPN for protection against cyber threats and attacks on all devices and platforms. The built-in tracking feature of Brave may not work for blocking advanced trackers online.
Moreover, public Wi-Fi networks can become carriers for bugs and expose your information. Using a VPN for brave can encrypt your data on the web, detect malicious entities, and block trackers.
With a VPN for brave, you can also get super-fast browsing speed and access to worldwide geo-restricted streaming sites and web content. The best thing is that you can enjoy unlimited browsing without bandwidth limitations with a VPN.
The Best VPN for Brave Browser for Australian Users – Detailed Analysis
After thoroughly testing 40+ VPN services, we have narrowed down the list to the top 3 best VPN browser extensions that are best for secure browsing. Here’s a detailed analysis of the best VPN for Brave browser to keep your browsing safe and secure from online intruders:
1. ExpressVPN – the Best VPN for Brave Browser for Australian users
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Brave Browser for Australian users, with a complete feature-packed extension compatible with Brave. It has an extensive network of 3000 servers spread across 94 including 5 server location in Australia, which ensures the best quality and uninterrupted browsing.
ExpressVPN can integrate privacy and security settings in the desktop app extension. It protects your entire device with a Brave extension connection using an ExpressVPN kill switch, AES-256 encryption, and leak protection. Your data remains safe even when your connection drops.
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, which falls outside the 5,9 or 14 Eyes Alliance, so it’s not obligated to record your data. Moreover, it uses a Lightway protocol that ensures you get remarkably fast speed for browsing. We have analyzed its performance thoroughly in numerous testing, and it didn’t disappoint once.
ExpressVPN has browser extensions for Brave, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers that are compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Although the Brave browser extension provides us instant VPN protection with identity masking and location spoofing, it lacks numerous features that come with a VPN app. Therefore, it’s always recommended to install a Brave VPN desktop app to direct the extension and make it work with rich security and privacy features.
ExpressVPN with Brave browser can’t store your data as it follows a strict no-logs policy. You can enjoy browsing with unlimited bandwidth and no buffering. Moreover, ExpressVPN is ideal for torrenting without lags and connection issues. As for unblocking streaming sites, ExpressVPN works with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney Plus and can unblock all geo-restricted streaming sites.
We tested ExpressVPN’s speed, and it gave an average download speed of 89.42 Mbps and 84.64 upload speed on a 100 Mbps connection.
It offers 24/7 live chat support for users and a 30-day money-back guarantee to claim a refund if you don’t like the services. ExpressVPN can be purchased for 2-years with a AU$ 9.82/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday) monthly payment.
Check out our ExpressVPN review for more information on this provider.
- Available browser extension for Brave Browser which is also compatible with Edge, and firefox
- Extensive server network across the globe
- Provides unlimited bandwidth and high-speed connections
- Easy and user-friendly apps
- 24/7 live chat support
- Overall best performance in all department
- More expensive than other rivals
2. Surfshark – Budget-freindly VPN for Brave Browser
Surfshark is the best budget-friendly VPN for Brave Browser that brings highly-affordable top-tier security and privacy-centered VPN for only AU$ 3.02/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday). It has around 3200 servers in 100 countries, including 91 servers in Australia.
In addition to Brave, Surfshark also supports Chrome, Firefox, and Edge VPN proxy extensions claiming to let users browse securely and smoothly with Cookie Pop-up Blocker. We have found many users report frequent service downtime and blocking safe sites in Surfshark’s VPN extension. Connection issues and unnecessarily blocking pages like Google are users’ top concerns. However, none of these problems occurred when we switched to a full-fledged Surfshark Windows app.
With Surfshark, your Brave activities can’t be recorded, following a no-logs policy. The kill switch feature guarantees identity protection in case of connection failure. Your address and identity remain anonymous on the internet.
Surfshark offers advanced features like Multihop that encrypts your data more than once. With its Camouflage Mode, your identity is protected while browsing the internet.
Surfshark also helps you in torrenting with its safe and secure browser. Surfshark servers can get slow at times while downloading. With live chat support available 24/7, users can contact agents. If you want to stream Netflix with Surfshark, you can stream it seamlessly. We also streamed Hulu, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime TV, CBS TV, and HBO Max with Surfshark and didn’t notice any lag issues.
According to our Surfshark speed test, it provided 81.32 Mbps download speed and 76.12 upload speed on a 100 Mbps base connection. You can get the fastest streaming experience on all devices and the best browser like Brave.
It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to claim a refund if you are unhappy with the VPN performance without further investigation. Furthermore, Surfshark is a highly-affordable VPN in Australia, offering a 7-day free trial of Surfshark Australia services entitled to mobile subscribers.
Also, check out our detailed Surfshark review to know more about this VPN’s features.
- Available extension for Brave, Firefox, and Chrome
- Unlimited bandwidth stream 4k contents
- Connect unlimited simultaneous connections
- 24/7 live chat and mail support
- Excellent security due to Multi-Hop features
- It takes a bit of time to connect to servers
3. NordVPN – VPN with the Largest Sever Network for Brave Browser
NordVPN has the largest server network for Brave Browser, boasting about 5500 servers in 59 countries including 190+ servers in Australia. It offers an ultra-secure connection with a lightweight extension or Brave browser to protect your internet traffic. NordVPN has a Threat Protection feature that blocks malicious ads and suspicious websites while browsing.
The NordLynx protocol of NordVPN provides a super fast and smooth browsing experience with unlimited bandwidth. It also comes with advanced security features like military-grade AES 256-bit encryption and a NordVPN kill switch that provide you with guaranteed identity masking on the internet.
With the DoubleVPN technology, your IP and data are encrypted twice, protecting your information while ensuring a high level of privacy. NordVPN proxy extension protects you to get a Canadian IP address in Australia from being revealed by disabling the WebRTC protocol. However, proxy services are not safe at all. All they can do is alter your IP address to Canada and let you access its geo-restricted streaming services without encrypting your connection at all.
Wondering does Brave Browser have a VPN extension for NordVPN? Yes, it does! In fact, NordVPN also has browser extensions for Chrome, Edge, and Firefox to hide identity and activities and block threats on the internet.
The VPN extension is compatible with the Brave browser, but we don’t find it useful as a stand-alone service. We can’t select a specific server within the chosen country using VPN proxy extensions.
NordVPN safeguards users against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks while browsing and streaming. You will be at peace of mind while using the Brave browser, knowing full well that your traffic is encrypted with AES 256-bit encryption. Moreover, it has P2P-optimized servers that allow users to torrent securely with NordVPN.
The speed test of NordVPN shows a tremendous result in a download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
NordVPN costs AU$ 5.44/mo (US$ 3.69/mo) (Get 55% Off + 2 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday) and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that lets you explore the service and request a refund within a month. For more information, refer to our NordVPN detailed review.
- Brave compatible NordVPN extension
- Massive server network across the globe
- Offers fast browsing, streaming, and torrenting
- 24/7 live chat support
- P2P specialized servers and Onion Over featured VPN
- No-logs policy
- Kill switch isn’t activated automatically
Quick Comparison Table – Best Brave Browser VPN Features
Here’s a side-by-side comparison table of all the best VPNs for Brave Browser:
|VPNs||Price||Outside of the 5/9/14 Eyes Jurisdiction||Speeds||Brave browser extension?|
|AU$ 9.82/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday)||Yes||Super-fast||Yes|
|AU$ 3.02/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday)||No (Part of 9 Eyes Alliance)||Fast||Yes|
|AU$ 5.44/mo (US$ 3.69/mo) (Get 55% Off + 2 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday)||Yes||Fast||Yes|
How to Choose the Best VPN for Brave Browser
While you’re going to buy a brave browser VPN, there are certain features that you can’t miss. We observed many VPNs with an extension for Brave, but it functions like a proxy extension with no data encryption.
If you are confused about which VPN is best for browsing Brave and need a VPN with exceptional features, we have compiled the important features for you to consider.
- Strong Security Features: The VPN you select must have at least a kill switch, AES-256 encryption, and a leak detection and protection mechanism. All three VPNs that are included in the list are highly-secure.
- Fast Speeds: Smooth browsing and torrenting require fast servers with no lags and buffering. Therefore, you should prioritize fast servers to complement your browsing. We have chosen VPNs that showed super-fast browsing results.
- No-logs Policy: A no-logs policy ensures that the VPN would not record user activities or data, which is important for user safety. All the VPNs added here follow a strict no-logs policy.
- Reliable Server Network: VPNs with a wide server network provide reliable services. We shortlisted 3 reliable VPNs with large server networks distributed globally.
- Trustworthy Money-back guarantee: VPNs with a money-back guarantee are more trustworthy and credible. Users can try such VPNs for a period freely and claim a refund. All these VPNs offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Customer Support: Users feel more heard and valued with active and responsive customer support. We have observed great customer support service for all three VPNs added to this list.
VPNs to avoid while accessing Brave Browser
You can’t use all the VPNs available in the market. There are some VPNs that you should never use. So, below is the discussion about the VPNs to avoid for Brave Browser.
- HOXX VPN: HOXX VPN has major security loopholes. It offers no anonymity on the network. User privacy gets compromised with HOXX as it stores logs on the network. The servers have an unacceptably slow bandwidth of 1500/MB per day for browsing and streaming. Additionally, its customer support is not very responsive on the free plan. We don’t recommend using HOXX VPN for browsing or streaming. Read more about this VPN in our detailed Hoxx VPN review.
- Hola VPN: Hola VPN lacks basic security features, privacy protocols, and encryption techniques. It works closely with Luminati, which is known for collecting and selling data. It has also been reported selling bandwidth to premium VPN users. You can’t even unblock Netflix and other major streaming platforms with Hola. You must avoid Hola VPN to secure your data and protect your privacy while browsing. Check our detailed Hola VPN review for more details.
- HideMyAss: HMA has headquarters in the UK which is obligated to collect data as a part of the 5-Eyes Alliance. User data is at constant risk with this VPN. HMA can’t unblock major streaming platforms. HMA has servers with an average speed for browsing. We would not recommend this VPN due to privacy concerns. For more details, head to our comprehensive HideMyAss review.
FAQs – Best VPN for Brave Browser for Australian Users
Is Brave browser’s built-in VPN extension safe in Australia?
Yes, Brave browser’s built-in VPN extension is safe to some extent in Australia, but we don’t recommend it. Brave browser’s built-in VPN costs AU$159.19 per year, ranking as one of the most expensive VPNs in the industry. It currently only works on iOS and Android devices.
Moreover, it offers a limited money-back period of 7 days, whereas most premium VPNs come with 30 days refund policy. With a long refund scheme, users have more time to try features and detect vulnerabilities.
Comparing the prices with services, we have provided you with better VPN options that guarantee safe service and provide value for money. We recommend ExpressVPN for Brave Browser for faster speed and no log policy with encryption privacy.
Should Australian users use a free VPN for Brave browser?
No, Australian’s should not use a free VPN for Brave browser as most of the free VPNs are not safe. Basic features like a kill switch, split tunneling, no-logs policy, and leak protection are mostly missing in the free VPNs. A lack of these essential features can expose your data to malware and trackers when you use the Brave browser.
Does brave browser hide your IP in Australia?
No, the brave browser can’t hide your IP directly without using a VPN in Australia. You can hide your IP using its TOR connectivity and stay anonymous. It does have some private browsing features that block third-party ads and trackers that copy your IP.
Brave browser has basic security features that may not be enough for online privacy protection and threat prevention. Complimenting a VPN with Brave can help yield maximum security and advanced user protection. On top of this, using our recommended VPNs with Brave can protect all your devices working on different platforms.
We highly recommend trying ExpressVPN with Brave browser to enhance your browsing experience with its feature-rich apps, quality service, and incredibly fast servers. ExpressVPN is undoubtedly the best VPN for Brave Browser for Australian users. You can easily explore its services using a 30-day money-back guarantee. Claim a refund, and get the full payment if you don’t like the services.