Yes, you have read it right. Internet users in China should say good-bye to Facebook and Twitter. Apple has removed its app from App Store in China. Moreover, the users will also not find other foreign apps in China’s App Store. As a result, web surfing is not an entertaining process anymore nor is it safe for users.
Wondering how to deal with this current fiasco? Fortunately, you can still bypass internet restrictions in China. Here is the list of possible answers to your query and the list includes:
- Download and install desktop VPN
- Try Android devices & use VPN apps
- You can use VPN on your iPhone through a router
- Jailbreaking the iPhone
How to Download and Use Desktop VPN
You can unblock your favorite content through a VPN on your desktop if you are unable to use a VPN on your iPhone. There are different VPN services you can try to get the solution of your problem. Here is the list of VPN providers those are compatible with all major devices including desktop:
Rank Providers Price ($) Discount More Info 77% Off
2 Year Deal
2 Years Plan
3 Year Deal
Limited Time Discount
5 Year Deal
From the list given above, you can have a crack on PureVPN and NordVPN. Since, both are leading desktop VPN services, they will help you surf the internet without any restrictions in China.
PureVPN is one of the major VPN providers operating in the VPN industry. Through 750+ servers in 141 countries worldwide, 6 servers in China, you can access media streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and others on your desktop devices from anywhere. PureVPN’s dedicated app for Windows offers amazing features such as:
- Affordable pricing
- Internet kill switch
- Ad blocking
- Split tunneling
- Wide range of protocols and so on
You can visit the official website of PureVPN to complete the downloading and installation process.
NordVPN is another VPN service that has gained attention of VPN users from all around the world. The service is offering 1118 servers in 61 different countries. You should try NordVPN if you want to avail various features on your desktop devices like:
- 30 days money back guarantee
- DNS leak test
- Supports P2P activity
- Offers a list of protocols (PPTP, OpenVPN, SSTP, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPSec)
Use VPN Apps on your Android Device
The other solution that you can try is to use VPN apps through Android devices. Since, you cannot access Google Play Store in China. Hence, you will have to download APK files from third party websites. Before downloading the APK files, go to ‘Settings’ then enable ‘Download from Unknown Sources’.
Now, you can download the APK file on your Android device. You should install the app once you have downloaded the APK file. Select the VPN from the table given above. For instance, you can choose ExpressVPN if you wish to use a VPN on your Android.
ExpressVPN offers its services through 145+ servers available in 94 countries. Check out the detailed ExpressVPN Review of 2018. Above all, the provider offers a list of attractive features on its Android app. These features include:
- 30 Days money back guarantee
- 256-bit military grade encryption
- Efficient customer support
Here is how you can setup ExpressVPN on your Android device.
- Go to the order page and sign up for ExpressVPN subscription
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your Android
- Now, connect to any one of 145+ servers and enjoy online freedom
How to use a VPN on iPhone through a Router
The obvious reason of using a VPN on iPhone through a router is the unavailability of VPN apps in China. Moreover, by installing a VPN on a router, you can secure all your devices. To know about the installation procedure of a VPN on router in detail, visit our page about how to setup PureVPN on routers. This is how you can setup VPN on a router and unblock your desired streaming services on your iPhone.
How to Jailbreak an iPhone to use VPN Apps
Warning! Jail Breaking has its consequences, read before proceeding!
Before jail breaking your iPhone, you should know that this process is not advisable. Jail breaking is a phenomenon in which you can bypass locks applied by Apple. By breaking these locks, you can access and use various unofficial apps and tweaks on your iPhone.
This is always risky if users try to download apps those come from unreliable sources. These apps allow hacker to gain access towards your personal information. Hence, we will recommend you to select legitimate sources to download apps always. Furthermore, the jailbreaking process may bring instability and other security issues to your iPhone. Lastly, your Apple warranty will be void and no tech support will be provided.
How to Jailbreak your iPhone
It is important to note that jailbreaking process only support iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S devices. Here is how you can jailbreak your iPhone:
- You must download the tools needed to use during the jailbreaking process
- Download the jailbreak IPA for iOS 10.2 (yalu 102 _alpha.ipa)
- You should download the relevant Cydia Impactor compatible with your device
- Now unzip the Cydia Impactor file then run it after downloading
- When Cydia Impactor is running, connect your iPhone that you want to jailbreak
- After connecting your iOS, drag yalu102_alpha.ipa into the Cydia Impactor app
- Click the “Start” button and click “OK” when Apple Developer warning appears
- Use the Apple ID to sign the app, mention your Apple ID email address
- Now Click “OK” then write your Apple ID password and click “OK”
- The Cydia Impactor will start preparing based on your provided information
- The Yalu app should be installed now
- On your iPhone, open the “Settings” menu, go to General> Profiles & Device management
- Tap the profile named as the Apple ID you signed in through Cydia Impactor.
- You should tap the profile by tapping Trust
- Open the recently installed Yalu app on your iPhone to start the jail breaking process
- Now wait for the jailbreak payload to be injected in the iPhone
- Your iPhone will be rebooted once the jailbreak is completed
- You will see Cydia appears on your home screen, open the app and start installing your favorite jailbreak apps
China is on the verge of becoming a worst nightmare for internet users. With the passage of time, more internet restrictions will come into play. Furthermore, China wants to support its own local tech industry and products. Therefore, it will become a daunting task for the users to enjoy web surfing at their own terms.
However, you can follow one of the solutions mentioned above to use a VPN on your iPhone in China. If you still find issues in installing and using a VPN on your preferred device, send your comments in the section below.