A public IP address is the one that is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and solely belongs to your network. To change your public IP address in UAE, you can use any of the steps mentioned below.
Public IP addresses are of two types; dynamic and static. ISPs are usually keen on assigning users a dynamic IP address as it is often refreshed. This means that your IP address changes after some time to a different one. However, a static IP remains the same until your device is not decommissioned.
If you want to change your public IP address in UAE for any reason, you can use a top VPN service for this. A VPN will let you connect to any server of any country and allow you to enjoy an encrypted connection while being secure easily.
How to change your public IP address in UAE[Quick Guide]
Here’s how to change your public IP address in UAE on Windows 10 or any device using a VPN:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN by visiting its website (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the app and sign in.
- Select a server you want (Within the country or outside if you want to access a geo-restricted service).
- Once connected, you’ll have a different public IP address.
Now, you can confirm that you’re connected to a new IP address.
What are some ways to change your public IP address in UAE?
Here are some ways you can change your public IP address in UAE:
1. Use a VPN to change your public IP address in UAE
A VPN is one effective method to switch to a different public IP in UAE. A VPN encrypts your internet connection and alters your actual IP address to a VPN server of your choice. This encrypted VPN connection would let you access websites, streaming services, and others using the IP you chose for yourself.
But, you should always opt for a reliable VPN for this. Most VPNs are unable to protect and conceal your IPv6 address. Therefore, a secure VPN would either keep your IPv6 address hidden or would prevent it from leaking. The same goes with IPv4. While many VPNs tend to hide IPv4 easily, some might leak it.
VPNs allow you to access multiple geo-restricted sites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, using a different public IP and bypass multiple geo-restrictions. For example, you can get a Chile IP address in UAE to unblock Canal 13, or a Brazilian IP address in UAE to get Brazil TV.
ExpressVPN is a top VPN if you desire to switch to a different public address. This VPN offers 3000+ servers globally, and you can connect to any one of them to alter your IP and bypass multiple geo-restrictions. You can change your IP on your Fire Stick using ExpressVPN in UAE or by using your ExpressVPN app on iPhone in UAE. ExpressVPN offers a 3-month free subscription on its 12-month plan, which is pretty cool.
2. Unplug your modem to change your public IP
If you’re looking for how to change your public IP address in UAE without contacting your ISP, then you might get assigned a new IP address if you unplug your modem. You can do this by:
- Unplugging your modem.
- Waiting for 15-20 mins.
- Plugging in your modem again.
When you unplug your modem, your existing public IP address in UAE gets released, and when you connect back, there is a high chance that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) assigns a different IP address to you.
However, this method would work best if you leave your modem unplugged for a longer time; otherwise, your ISP might assign you the same IP again. If that’s the case, then leave your modem unplugged for an entire day before plugging it back in.
3. Get a proxy to alter your public IP address
Proxies have a similar purpose and function as a VPN but tend to offer less security. When you access a website, the traffic leaves your device and reaches the website through a middle-man server. This middle-man server displays the IP address of a proxy server to the website instead of a user’s actual one.
Some proxy servers to change your IP address are:
1. SSH proxy: In this proxy server, your online traffic is forwarded from your web browser to an SSH connection and then to a server, so your IP address is altered. While this is an encrypted option, it’s not too fast, and some apps might be unable to function with this proxy.
2. HTTP/S proxy: This proxy works as a browser within a browser and only changes the IP address of the data flowing to and from your browser. One good thing about this proxy is that it does not affect the DNS traffic or any browser apps.
3. SOCKS proxy: These are available proxy servers created specifically for various apps, including web browsers. Its latest version, SOCKS5, includes encryption and support.
But let’s not forget that proxies do not offer similar encryption as a VPN and can leak your IP address.
4. Get your ISP to change your IP address in UAE
You can try asking your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to assign you a different IP address in UAE. But it’s not guaranteed if your ISP would do that for you or not. This is because every ISP has a different policy and way to handle such user requests.
If your ISP assigns dynamic IP addresses, then you need to know that your IP might change from time to time as dynamic IPs do not stay the same forever. These IP addresses are recycled and when you disconnect your device from the internet or unplug your modem.
If you want to go for another IP address in UAE and want it to stay the same forever, then you can ask for a static IP address from your ISP. While your ISP might charge you for this, you will receive a new IP that you can insert into your device’s network settings.
Do remember that requests like these might require your present IP address and account information.
5. Using a Tor browser for a new IP
This anonymous network is one of the easiest ways to keep your data encrypted. All you need to do is install this encrypted browser on your device. Tor or The Onion Router encrypts all your data by passing it through multiple nodes. With every node adding up a layer of encryption to the traffic and the nodes changing every time you access another website, it’s impossible to trace Tor traffic and the actual IP of the user.
However, the Tor browser has its drawbacks. While being slightly slow, it also draws the attention of the ISP or government as it’s mainly used to access the dark web or any illegal site.
6. Switch to a different network to get a new IP address
One last effective option to change your public IP is by switching to a different Public IP address in UAE. For example, if you use a wifi network, you can disconnect from that network and connect to a new one. You can also switch to mobile data from wifi for this.
When connecting to public wifi, remember to connect to one that requires a password to sign in or has WPA2 enabled.
Different Countries IP Addresses:
- Get a Hungarian IP Address in UAE
- Get an Uzbekistan IP Address in UAE
- Get a Thailand IP Address in UAE
- Get a Cambodia IP address in UAE
- Get a Bangladesh IP Address in UAE
- Get a Malaysian IP Address in UAE
- Get a Cyprus IP Address in UAE
- Get a Romania IP Address in UAE
- Get a US IP Address in UAE
- Get an Indian IP Address in UAE
- Get a Russian IP Address in UAE
- Get a Spanish IP Address in UAE
- Get a Bulgarian IP Address in UAE
- Get a Israel IP Address in UAE
- Get an Argentina IP Address in UAE
FAQs – Public IP Address in UAE
Why does my public IP change in UAE?
If you own a dynamic public IP address in UAE, then it’s likely to change periodically. Public IP addresses change when you disconnect from the router and reconnect again, unplug your modem, or switch to another network operator. Often, your ISP might update your IP addresses too for any reason.
How do I stop my public IP address in UAE, from changing?
You need to change your public IP from dynamic to static for this. A static IP address is a type of public IP that does not change at any cost until you change your network.
Is changing your public IP address in UAE illegal?
No, it is not illegal to change your IP address. People change their IPs for several purposes like protecting their online activities, testing their websites, or facing a cyberattack. They usually do this by using a VPN or a proxy.
This ends our guide on how to change your public IP address in UAE. While all the methods above are super-effective, the best one amongst them remains the usage of a VPN. As recommended above, ExpressVPN is a top choice when it comes to switching to another IP. This VPN offers 3000+ servers for you to connect to along with a 3-month free subscription on its annual plan for users to enjoy.