If you love streaming geo-restricted content, Smart DNS is a great utility that comes in handy for uninterrupted streaming on a device of your choice. Wondering which VPN offers Smart DNS in UAE? In this guide, we will explore the best VPN with Smart DNS in UAE feature that will give you a hassle-free streaming experience.
VPNs have made it easier to bypass geo-restrictions of streaming services as they allow you to change your IP address in UAE. However, the complex encryption involved in the process makes the internet a bit slower than its usual speed. That’s where the Smart DNS proxy comes in. Premium VPNs like ExpressVPN offer SmartDNS tools in UAE that come built-in in their client apps.
It’s pertinent to mention that different VPNs offer the Smart DNS feature with different names. For instance, NordVPN’s Smart DNS proxy is called SmartPlay, while in ExpressVPN it’s labeled as MediaStreamer.
Unlike VPNs, Smart DNS only reroutes DNS queries, leaving the IP address of your device intact. Smart DNS doesn’t encrypt the internet traffic, which results in faster speeds but offers less security and privacy than a VPN.
Best VPN with Smart DNS in UAE? [Quick Overview]
Here’s a quick overview of the best VPNs with the Smart DNS in UAE feature:
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN with Smart DNS in UAE. Offers a built-in Smart DNS solution called the MediaStreamer. Allows you to access geo-restricted content on a variety of streaming devices, especially those that don’t offer VPN support.
- Surfshark: Budget-friendly VPN with Smart DNS in UAE. Arguably the cheapest premium VPN that offers a native Smart DNS function. Allows hassle-free access to geo-restricted content with a user-friendly Smart DNS setup.
- NordVPN: The most secure VPN with Smart DNS in UAE. Offers a native Smart DNS utility tool called SmartPlay in all client apps. Keeps you secure even with its essential security features even when you are using its Smart DNS proxy.
Why do you need a VPN with Smart DNS in UAE?
You need a VPN with Smart DNS to unblock geo-restricted content on devices that do not have built-in VPN support. Although both features are used to access geo-restricted content, there’s a big difference when we do a Smart DNS vs VPN comparison in UAE. A VPN and the Smart DNS are two distinct technologies that allow users to access content that may be restricted based on their geographic location. However, they operate in different ways and have varying benefits and drawbacks.
A VPN encrypts your internet traffic and directs it through a remote server in a different location to bypass geo-restrictions, while a Smart DNS modifies DNS settings to access restricted websites and services without encrypting traffic or changing IP addresses.
To get the most out of both technologies, you can use a VPN with Smart DNS to access your favorite geo-restricted content. A VPN and Smart DNS will combine best to offer their benefits – VPN for privacy protection and encryption, and Smart DNS for accessing region-specific content in UAE.
Alternatively, Smart DNS can be used on its own for faster access to certain types of content, while a VPN can be used to secure and protect online activities in UAE.
Best VPN with Smart DNS in UAE – In-depth Analysis
After going through the features and specs of more than 160 VPN providers, we have shortlisted the 3 best VPNs with the Smart DNS in UAE feature. You can rely on these VPNs for the best streaming experience in UAE. Here’s an in-depth analysis of our top picks:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN with Smart DNS in UAE
- MediaStreamer; a Smart DNS Technology designed to improve your streaming experience
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 25+ US server locations
- Speed: 89.42 Mbps
- Simultaneous Connections: 5 devices
- Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- DDoS protection
ExpressVPN is the best VPN with Smart DNS in UAE that offers comprehensive security and privacy coverage while letting you use its MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) for the best streaming experience in UAE. It offers fast speeds, best-in-class security features, and smart unblocking tools that let you bypass almost any geo-restricted platform.
Its network comprises 3000+ fast servers located in 94 countries, including 25+ US server locations. With so many servers at your disposal, you can redirect your DNS queries and change your IP address to unblock popular streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, Discovery+, Peacock, BBC iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4, and many other platforms globally.
The ExpressVPN speed test in UAE shows it’s fast and doesn’t affect your overall connection speed. On a 100 Mbps connection, it gave us an exceptional downloading speed of 89.42 Mbps and an uploading speed of 84.64 Mbps. Now imagine using ExpressVPN Smart DNS, which will further improve your speed for uninterrupted online streaming.
You can use ExpressVPN on all major operating systems, including macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows. Moreover, its Smart DNS (MediaStreamer) allows you to access geo-blocked content on devices that don’t offer VPN support. With this feature, you can easily use ExpressVPN on Roku in UAE, Nvidia Shield, Apple TV, Amazon Firestick in UAE, and Chromecast as well as Smart TVs and Gaming Consoles. ExpressVPN is also the Best VPN with DNS leak protection in UAE.
ExpressVPN keeps you secure with the latest AES 256-bit encryption protocol and provides additional layers of privacy with top-notch features, such as No-Logging, Server Obfuscation, and Kill Switch.
You can subscribe to ExpressVPN for just USD 6.67/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) and use it risk-free by taking advantage of its 30-day money-back guarantee. Moreover, new users can also enjoy an ExpressVPN 7-day free trial in UAE.
Check out our in-depth ExpressVPN review UAE for more details.
- Offers MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) tool without any additional cost
- Compatible with a variety of streaming devices
- Can unblock all major streaming platforms
- Offers constant fast speeds with unlimited bandwidth
- Allows uninterrupted streaming
- Costs more than its counterparts
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN with Smart DNS in UAE
- Offers the Smart DNS feature with every subscription plan
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries, including 600+ US servers
- Speed: 81.32 Mbps
- Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited devices
- Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- DDoS protection
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN with Smart DNS in UAE. The provider offers client apps with a number of top-notch VPN features along with a built-in Smart DNS utility that helps you access geo-restricted content while keeping your data privacy and online security intact.
This VPN offers a huge fleet of 3200+ servers in 100 countries, featuring 600+ servers in the US. You can use these servers to unblock every major streaming service, including Netflix’s content libraries, HBO Max, Hulu, Peacock, Disney Plus, Paramount+, ITV, BBC iPlayer, and many more.
Surfshark offers fast speeds and stable connections. Thanks to its unlimited bandwidth policy, we got an excellent downloading speed of 81.32 Mbps and an uploading speed of 76.12 Mbps during the Surfshark speed test in UAE conducted on a 100 Mbps connection. Its Smart DNS proxy can boost this speed even more.
This cost-effective VPN is compatible with iOS, macOS, Android, Linux, and Windows. Moreover, you can configure your IP on the Surfshark Smart DNS proxy server to access the geo-restricted content on different streaming devices like Roku on Surfshark in UAE, Apple TV, Firestick, Gaming Consoles, and Smart TVs.
In terms of security and privacy, Surfshark has all the latest features to keep you secure online. Some of its key features are AES 256-GCM encryption, Multi-hop servers, CleanWeb, Internet Kill Switch, and No-Logging.
Surfshark is currently up for grabs for as low as USD 2.3/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan), including a 30-day money-back guarantee and unlimited simultaneous connections. A Surfshark 7-day free trial in UAE is also available to mobile users.
Read or detailed Surfshark review UAE for more information.
- Easy-to-configure Smart DNS feature
- Offers user-friendly client apps compatible with all major operating systems
- Budget-friendly subscription plans for streaming lovers
- Allows accessing geo-restricted content on unlimited devices simultaneously
- Fast speed for online streaming
- Some servers may be slower occasionally
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN with Smart DNS in UAE
- SmartPlay (Smart DNS) technology offered
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries, including 1970+ servers in the US
- Speed: 83.82 Mbps
- Simultaneous Connections: 6 devices
- Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- Protection against DDoS attacks
NordVPN is the most secure VPN with Smart DNS in UAE. It offers a built-in SmartPlay feature in all its apps, which allows you to stream geo-restricted content without any hassle. Moreover, it’s loaded with strong encryption features and Server Obfuscation features to help you maintain your online privacy in UAE.
It also offers one of the largest VPN networks with 5500+ servers located in 60 countries, including 1970+ in the US. With so many server options available, you can easily access regional Netflix libraries, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney Plus, Peacock, Discovery, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, and many other platforms.
NordVPN maintains fast speeds, thanks to its proprietary NordLynx protocol. The NordVPN speed test in UAE revealed that it can offer lightning-quick speeds and offered an impressive downloading speed of 83.82 Mbps and an uploading speed of 44.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
You can download NordVPN client apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux devices. Moreover, for easy access to geo-blocked content on devices that don’t allow VPN configurations, you can use its SmartPlay feature. With this Smart DNS tool, you can use NordVPN on Roku in UAE, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TVs, and Gaming Consoles.
NordVPN provides top-notch privacy and security features such as AES 256-bit encryption, Kill Switch, and a No-logs policy. You can combine these privacy features with the NordVPN Smart DNS (SmartPlay) feature for secure access to geo-blocked websites.
You can subscribe to NordVPN for just USD 3.99/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with its long-term plan. A 30-day money-back guarantee is also provided with each subscription. Moreover, if you are subscribing through a smartphone, you can enjoy a 7-day NordVPN free trial in UAE.
For more details and technical specs, read our in-depth NordVPN review UAE.
- SmartPlay (Smart DNS) utility tool for fast and easy access to geo-blocked content
- One of the largest server networks
- Unlimited bandwidth, stable servers, and fast speeds
- Top-notch encryption protocols
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Sluggish desktop client apps
How to connect to Smart DNS in UAE?
You can use a Smart DNS proxy through our recommended VPNs or by subscribing to a standalone service, however, we suggest using it with a VPN to maintain the security and privacy of your data in UAE. Keep in mind that steps may vary to register your IP address on a Smart DNS server depending on your VPN. Following are the steps we followed to connect to Smart DNS on ExpressVPN in UAE:
- Log in to your ExpressVPN account and register your current IP address.
- You will get a MediaStreamer server address, save it to configure on your streaming device.
- Access your device’s network settings and locate the DNS settings.
- Replace the existing DNS server addresses with the MediaStreamer server addresses.
- Save the changes and exit the settings menu.
- Restart your device to ensure the changes take effect.
- Verify that you are connected to MediaStreamer by visiting a geo-restricted website or service that should now be accessible.
FAQ – Best VPN with Smart DNS in UAE
Does smart DNS work with VPN in UAE?
Yes, Smart DNS works with VPN apps in UAE and allows you to access geo-restricted content by simply changing your DNS server address. You can enjoy faster streaming speeds with a Smart DNS server compared to a VPN. However, since Smart DNS doesn’t encrypt your traffic, it’s always recommended to get a VPN with a built-in Smart DNS feature.
Is it safe to change my DNS in UAE?
Yes, changing your DNS is considered safe in UAE, provided that you opt for a reputable VPN with a reliable Smart DNS service. However, if you select an untrustworthy DNS server, there’s a possibility of experiencing DNS hijacking, where your web requests could be redirected to a compromised server by malicious entities.
Is Smart DNS better than VPN in UAE?
No, Smart DNS isn’t better than a VPN in UAE as it doesn’t offer complete security and privacy coverage. A VPN is considered more flexible and can deliver much more benefits than a Smart DNS server.
Does ExpressVPN offer SmartDNS in UAE?
Yes, ExpressVPN offers a Smart DNS feature called the MediaStreamer in UAE. This tool allows you to access geo-restricted content on almost any streaming device with fast speed.
If you love streaming online content but travel often to different locations globally, or currently living abroad in a country with internet censorship, Smart DNS is a perfect option for you to access geo-restricted content. However, Smart DNS alone isn’t the best way forward to watch your favorite content online as it lacks essential security measures and data encryption.
Getting a VPN with Smart DNS features is the right way to go when trying to access geo-blocked TV shows, films, and other websites. In this guide, we have narrowed down the options for the best VPN with Smart DNS in UAE.
ExpressVPN is arguably the best VPN that offers a perfect mix of Smart DNS in UAE utility and top-notch encryption.
Enjoy streaming whatever you want, wherever you want!