How do we earn money?
In order to run our operations, we earn affiliate commissions from the services and products listed on VPNRanks.com.
How does it work?
When a user clicks on an affiliate link and proceeds towards purchasing a service or a product, the provider pays us an affiliate commission as a finder’s fee.
What is an affiliate link?
Affiliate links are like unique ID numbers but in the form of a URL. Each provider offers this unique link to all their affiliates to promote a service or a product. When a user purchases a service or product through this link, the affiliate compensates the website in the form of affiliate commission.
Who are our affiliate partners?
At VPNRanks.com, we are partners with the following VPN providers:
*NOTE: Our team has reviewed over 100 different VPN providers and this number is increasing as we speak, but we don’t earn any affiliate commission from of the providers except for the ones listed above. And as new partners are added, we regularly update our list.
How does VPNRanks.com make sure it remains unbiased even if it earns affiliate commission?
When we first set foot in this industry, our aim was to provide unbiased VPN reviews and facilitate users in understanding VPNs and purchasing the right service.
To make sure that we continue with this aim over the years, we have a strict review process. Each VPN service goes through various parameters of testing, even if it’s our affiliate partner.
We openly criticize our partners and share our testing results with our users to remain 100% transparent. You can check out our VPN reviews page to see the services we have reviewed over the years.
In addition, we encourage our readers to vet our testing and claims by dropping a comment and examining other sources, as conducting a VPN review is a subjective matter. What may work for us, may not work for others in different circumstances.
What is our review process?
At VPNRanks.com, we review each provider based on the following parameters:
- Jurisdiction and History – where is the VPN service based and who owns it
- Performance – we conduct speed tests, IP and DNS leak tests to gauge a service’s performance
- Price – how much does it cost to own a VPN and what is its refund policy
- Servers – the number of servers offered by a VPN
- Customer support – our team tests various support channels offered by the provider
- Protocols & Encryption – the range of protocols and encryption levels a VPN offers to protect its user’s privacy
- Logging policy – what information a VPN service collects, how it uses this information and the type of logs it records
- Compatibility & Tutorials – does the service offer apps and are there tutorials for setup and troubleshooting
- Security features – are there additional features like kill switch, firewall, IP and DNS leak protection, etc.
- P2P support – can you use P2P services with a particular VPN
- Netflix Compatibility – can you successfully access US Netflix with a VPN
Why are we disclosing this information?
Every review website that you will see on the internet, receives affiliate commissions one way or another – there is no doubt about it!
However, the problem arises when they do not disclose this information openly, as they don’t want people to think they are not earning any commissions, which is not true at all!
Therefore, to remain transparent and honest, we disclose this information to all our visitors.
Affiliate commissions are our source of earing and they are important to run operations smoothly, pay for our staff and continue providing unbiased reviews for our readers.
Thank you for your support!
Affiliate Disclaimer: We might earn affiliate commissions if you decide to purchase through our link. For more information, read here.
Disclaimer: In no way, do we endorse any illegal activity and we strictly condone the consumption of pirated content in all means through the use of any VPN service. Users are responsible for their own actions.