You can watch Channel 5 Live Outside UK with a VPN, however, if you try to access Channel 5 outside UK without a VPN you will see the following error message:
“We’re sorry but you must be located in the British Isles to view this content”
How to access Channel 5 outside UK
2 Minutes Review time
Why will you need a VPN?
Firstly, content owners have agreements with distributors as to where their content is being broadcasted, therefore to protect the rights of content owners geo-restrictions are imposed.
Secondly, a VPN masks your IP address and replaces it with one that is situated in the location where the content is available. This makes the systems at websites believe you are at a different geo location.
Moreover, a VPN also encrypts your data, making it impossible for anyone to monitor your online activities. This makes your cyber presence more secure.
Best VPN to watch Channel 5 Live Outside UK
1. PureVPN ($2.91/mo)
Our number 1 choices since it offers 168 servers in the UK, which guarantees a smooth experience with a 31-day money-back guarantee
Moreover, PureVPN offers a dedicated dashboard for streaming which enables you to select channels directly that you wish to unblock. The service perfectly balances entertainment options along with providing strict and foolproof security and anonymity to the user.
PureVPN pricing plans
- $4.16/mo (1 year plan)
- $2.91/mo (5 year plan)
2. Surfshark ($2.49/mo)
Surfshark successfully unblocks all major streaming websites be it Netflix, Channel 5, BBC iPlayer or any other website. The user experience and the client software both are well designed and simplistic so anyone can use it without confusion.
If you’re not willing to spend too much and access blocked websites is your main concern then this is the perfect choice for you! At $2.49/mo this is the best VPN service you can get.
SurfsharkVPN pricing plans
- $2.49/mo (2 year plan)
- $5.99/mo (1 year plan)
3. ExpressVPN ($6.67/mo)
Express VPN has an enormous 3,000+ server network which makes it a reliable choice among the countless services available in the market. It has 5 servers in the UK and a top notch infrastructure to support it.
If you want the best VPN service and money is not an issue, then opt for ExpressVPN it is the most acclaimed VPN service provider with the fastest speed in the industry.
This means whether you’re transferring huge loads of data or simply just streaming your favorite content ExpressVPN will not let you down.
ExpressVPN pricing plans
- $6.67/mo (1 year plan)
- $9.99/mo (6 months plan)
Channel 5 TV Shows
Some of the most famous shows on Channel 5 include:
- Bring Me The Head of Light Entertainment
- Impractical Jokers UK
- Suburban Shootout
- Muppet Babies
- Nella the Princess Knight
- Noddy in Toyland
- Noddy, Toyland Detective
- Noggin the Nog
- Old Bear Stories
- Olive the Ostrich
- Olly the Little White Van
- PAW Patrol
- PB Bear and Friends
Channel 5 supported devices
Channel 5 offers the My5 app for the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV and Firestick
- iOS (Apple) mobiles and tablets (please see here for exclusions)
- Android mobiles and tablets
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- NowTV and Roku boxes and streaming sticks
- Android Smart TVs
- Samsung Smart TVs
Other than these any device that has a internet browser can watch Channel 5 Online at www.my5.tv
How to watch Channel 5 on Kodi
- Open Kodi Krypton > Click on Settings on the top left
- Click on File Manager > and then double click Add Source
- When the box pops up, Click on ‘None’ option
- Here you need to insert repository URL: http://mavericktv.net/mavrepo/ > Press OK
- Type the name of repository in the given field. Maverick Repo > Press OK to close the box
- Go to the Main Menu by pressing on ‘Esc’ key > Select Add-ons menu on your left
- Now select the Package Installer icon (Box-shaped icon) which appears on the top
- Choose Install from Zip File > When the box appears click on Maverick Repo
- Now click on repository.maverickrepo-3.4.zip > Wait for the repository to install
- Now Go to Install from Repository > Then click MaverickTV Repo
- Click on Video Add-ons button > Select SkyNet > and Press Install
- Now go back to Kodi Main Menu > select Add-ons menu > Click on Video Add-ons
- There will be a list of add ons on your right, find and click on SkyNet
- Skynet IPTV > Maverick IPTV > Channel 5.
What is channel 5?
Channel 5 is a UK only TV channel which was launched in 1997, it broadcasts entertainment programs such as reality shows, TV shows, game shows and imported TV shows.
How to watch Channel 5 Catch up?
You can easily watch channel 5 catch up on demand 5 app, the catch up service helps you watch shows that you might have missed. it keeps episodes on it which can be viewed later by you.
How to watch channel 5 on demand?
My5 is replacing the Demand 5 apps, it is available on many platforms and devices it is available on Freesat, NowTV and Roku boxes and streaming sticks, Amazon Fire TV sticks, iOS devices, Android TVs, Apple TVs, and YouView. It is available as an app and can be found on the respective app stores. However, if you’re using it with Roku, a good VPN for roku is recommended to ensure your online privacy and achieve great streaming speed.
How to get channel 5 catch up on smart TV?
- Go to the app store on your smart TV
- Search for My5 app
- Download and install
- Enjoy your favorite shows
Can I watch channel 5 live on Now TV?
No, you cannot watch channel 5 live on NowTV.
What channel is channel 5 plus 1 on freeview?
Channel 5 +1 is available on Freeview channel 44
Does Channel 5 have iPlayer?
iPlayer is an entertainment service by BBC that offers channel 5, ITV, Channel 4 and many other channels. Therefore to clear it up channel 5 can be viewed on iPlayer and not the other way around.
Use our recommended PureVPN to access Channel 5/My5 App anywhere with ease and never miss out on your favorite shows again!
It has movies, TV series, documentaries, comedies and more. It has something for everyone!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?