Are you wondering if you can watch Hulu on Amazon Firestick? Well, you’ll be happy to know that you can indeed watch Hulu in the UK on Firestick. As Hulu is geo-restricted to the US, you will need a VPN service to unblock the SVoD service in the UK.
Luckily, there are plenty of VPNs out there offering a dedicated app for Firestick devices available on Amazon App Store. You can directly download the app and access the Hulu content library on your Smart TV from the UK.
This way, you will be able to enjoy more than 75 TV channels and plenty of amazing content like PEN15, Mother/Android, and Castle Rock.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Firestick [Quick Overview]
Here’s a quick overview of the best VPNs to watch Hulu on Amazon Firestick for 2022:
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu in UK on Firestick [Detailed Analysis]
Here are the 3 best Firestick VPNs for Hulu in the UK. These VPNs offer plenty of servers in the United States, with fast streaming speeds, and compatible apps for Amazon Firestick.
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Hulu on Firestick
ExpressVPN is the top and our #1 recommended VPN for streaming Hulu in the UK on Amazon Firestick. Having over 3000+ servers in 94 countries and 23+ servers in the US for unblocking Hulu on Firestick in the UK.
ExpressVPN offers an easy-to-use app for Firestick and works on Fire TV, Fire Cube, and other devices. You can easily use the app with the remote control.
With ExpressVPN, you can also unblock other popular streaming services such as Sling TV, HBO Max, NBC, Vudu, Amazon Prime US, and Netflix US in the UK.
You can connect 5 devices on one ExpressVPN account, and it is available for $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan), and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can check our ExpressVPN review for more information.
- Works with geo-blocked streaming sites
- 3000 servers in 160 locations
- Supports 5 simultaneous connection
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slightly expensive than competitors
- Lacks advanced features
2. Surfshark: Affordable Firestick VPN for Hulu
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN for streaming Hulu on Firestick with a dedicated Amazon app. Using the app, you can easily navigate between servers and connect to a US server for Hulu. Speaking of servers, Surfshark offers 3200+ servers in 95 countries with 500+ servers in the US.
With so many servers across the world, you can also watch other geo-restricted streaming services like Peacock TV, ESPN+, Fox TV, Netflix US, and YouTube TV in UK.
Surfshark offers unlimited device connections on a single subscription. So, with Amazon Firestick, you can also use it on your smartphones, laptops, desktops, Smart TVs, and more. Surfshark is available for only $2.30/mo (Save 81% on 2 Years + 2 Months Free Plan with Surfshark Antivirus) with a 30-day refund policy as well.
Check out our Surfshark review for more information.
- 3200 servers in 65 locations
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Unblocks Hulu, HBO, Sling TV
- Free trial for iOS and Android users
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day refund guarantee
- No free version
- Live chat support is accessible only in some countries
3. NordVPN: Safe VPN for Hulu on Firestick
NordVPN is a popular VPN in the market with impressive performance and security features. There is a dedicated Amazon Firestick app that you can download directly from Amazon App Store. NordVPN easily unblocks Hulu on its US servers.
It offers 5200+ servers in 60 countries and over 1970 servers in the US. Apart from Hulu, you can also watch DAZN, iQiYi, Amazon Prime Video, CNBC, Fox TV, and HBO Max in the UK.
NordVPN allows you to connect 6 devices at the same time. So, you can use it on your Firestick and other devices as well. It is available for $3.99/mo (Save 70% on 2 Years Plan + Extra Subscription) with a 30-day refund policy as well.
For further details, read our NordVPN review.
- Unblocks Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix
- Easy-to-use VPN app
- 5100 servers in 60 countries
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day refund guarantee
- Windows app is slightly slow
- Map interface in the app takes a lot of screen space
How to Get Hulu APK File on FireStick
How to Subscribe to Hulu
Why is Hulu not working on FireStick? [Troubleshooting Steps]
Hulu offers a highly compatible app for Firestick, but if you are still facing issues while streaming Hulu on Firestick, here are a few fixes.
1. Hulu Loading Error on Fire TV Stick
If your Hulu app keeps loading on the Firestick, or the videos are taking too much time to play, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Applications > select Hulu.
- Select options: Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Restart your Firestick and open the Hulu app.
Now, try playing the video again, and the issue should be fixed by now. If you are still getting the same issue, you can reinstall the app.
2. Amazon Firestick Buffering Issues
Although very rare, you might be experiencing buffering issues at some point. To fix buffering issues on Hulu, here are a few things you can try:
- Turn off your Amazon Firestick and restart after a few minutes.
- Uninstall the Hulu app, wait for a few minutes and reinstall the latest app.
If you encounter these issues while using a VPN, you can change your VPN server location to get fast streaming speeds. You can also decrease the video quality if the buffering is still there.
3. Hulu Connection Error on Firestick
If you are getting the Hulu connection error on Firestick, follow these steps below:
- From the home screen, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu. Now choose restart.
- Restart the Firestick.
- Clear cache and data.
Hulu Plans & Pricing for Firestick Users
Hulu offers 3 basic plans for viewers across various platforms, including Amazon Firestick.
- Hulu Basic – $6.99/mo). This plan offers ads while streaming and allows one screen simultaneously. You also cannot download shows and movies on this plan.
- Hulu (No Ads) – $12.99/mo. On this plan, you will not come across ads while streaming. Moreover, you can also download movies and shows to watch offline.
- Hulu + Live TV – $69.99/mo. You can get Live TV streaming on this plan along with on-demand content. There are 50 hours of DVR cloud storage as well. However, you will get ads, and there is no download option.
Along with these, there are bundle offers available as well.
Is a VPN legal in the UK?
Yes, VPN is 100% legal in the UK. Using a VPN for streaming geo-restricted services like Hulu is completely legal. However, VPN is considered illegal for activities such as piracy and distribution of copyrighted material.
Why can’t I watch Hulu on my Firestick?
If you cannot watch Hulu on Firestick, you should clear the cache of your Firestick from Settings. To do that, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Apps > Hulu.
Is Hulu free with Amazon Firestick?
Yes, Hulu is free to download on Amazon Firestick but to watch its content, you will need to sign up for a plan. Currently, Hulu offers four plans, with the cheapest one being Hulu Basic, with ads for $5.99 per month.
Hulu and Firestick is a perfect combination. You can stream your favorite shows along with Live TV on your screens in 4K video playback quality. However, if you are residing in the UK, you will need a VPN to stream Hulu on Firestick because Hulu is not available outside the United States due to content licensing agreements.