Hulu is a must-have if you enjoy original movies and TV shows like The Jewel Thief and Only Murders in the Building. Hulu can be accessed on various streaming devices, but the experience is best when enjoyed on a large screen. This guide teaches you how to watch Hulu on Android TV.
As you know Asia Cup 2023 is here, and Hulu on your streaming device is your VIP pass to watch every game live, from the first ball to the last. So, get ready to witness the intense battle between cricket giants India vs Pakistan Asia Cup live on Hulu with your Android TV.
The question “Why doesn’t my Android TV have Hulu?” may be puzzling to those who do not reside in the US. Unfortunately, you cannot directly watch Hulu outside USA, so the app isn’t included in TVs destined for other markets. However, you can use a Hulu VPN to unblock the service from anywhere outside USA.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to watch Hulu TV on Android TV outside the USA with ExpressVPN. If your model is older, we’ll also show you other ways to get Hulu for Google TV. But first, let’s look at the easy steps to install Hulu on Android TV.
If the Hulu app is unavailable for your Android TV, you can still watch shows and movies through the website.
Casting is another option to stream content on your big-screen Android TV.
As demonstrated next, Hulu doesn’t work outside the United States, so you need a VPN to get instant access.
What is Hulu? Key Features
Hulu is a top streaming service in the United States, with over 43,000 TV episodes from over 1650 shows and over 2500 movies. Your Hulu price depends on your preferred plan, including bundles and Live TV options. Here are the top Hulu features:
- Stream exclusive shows, hit movies, and original content.
- No ad interruptions with the Hulu (No Ads) plan.
- Access 75+ live TV channels with Hulu + Live TV.
- Choose a Disney Bundle plan to save up to 49% per month.
- Select Premium Hulu add-ons such as Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, and Max.
- Live TV add-ons for live TV subscribers include unlimited cloud DVR space and screen plans.
The following section explains the Android TV models supported by Hulu.
What Android TV Models are Supported by Hulu?
Hulu works on a variety of TV models, streaming sticks, and set-top-boxes, including:
- Sony Bravia TVs running Android TV OS (2015+ models)
- Hisense Android TVs
- Xiaomi Android TVs
- Sharp Smart TV
- Nvidia Shield
- Chromecast with Google TV
You might experience challenges when streaming Hulu on Android TVs, and we have some quick fixes to try.
Hulu not Working on Android TV – Quick Fixes
Don’t fret if you’re experiencing Hulu app not working on Android TV errors because we have some quick fixes to try:
- Check your internet connection speed – You need at least 3 Mbps for streaming content on Hulu, 8 Mbps for live streaming and 16 Mbps for 4K content streaming.
- Verify if Hulu is experiencing server issues – Hulu won’t work if its servers are down, so check if Hulu is working with DownDetector.
- Solve log-in issues on Hulu – Sign out, then sign back in if Hulu isn’t working properly.
- Clear Data from the Hulu app – Clear data from the Hulu app if you start experiencing playback issues unrelated to your internet connection.
- Update the Hulu App – Go to Google Play Store and update Hulu to the latest version.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu App to eliminate problems linked to your app or streaming device.
- Force-stop Hulu and relaunch it to fix common streaming issues.
- Restart your Android TV – Restarting clears Hulu and your device’s cache to solve many issues related to playback and app functionality.
- Check your Hulu plan – Hulu requires an active subscription to work, so make sure you have one.
- Power cycle your Android TV to fix common Hulu playback issues.
- Hulu is no longer supported on this device – purchase an Android TV box or stick to use on your TV.
What other Devices are Compatible with Hulu besides Android TV?
Here’s a list of devices supported by the Hulu app:
- Amazon Firestick and Fire tablets
- Echo Show (8, 10, and 15)
- Amazon Fire TV (Fire OS 5.0 and later)
- Contour 2 and Stream Player Boxes
- Android phones and tablets
- Apple TV (4th generation and later)
- LG WebOS smart TVs
- Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
- Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Nintendo Switch (R1 and Lite)
- Samsung smart TVs
- PlayStation 4 and 5
Explore Other Guides From VPNranks:
- Watch Beautiful Disaster outside USA on Hulu – Freshman Escapes Shadows, Love Temptations Emerge.
- Watch Pretty Baby: Brooke Shields outside USA on Hulu – Brooke Shields: Embracing Identity, Defining Voice.
- Watch The Randall Scandal outside USA on Hulu – Unveiling Allegations: Randall Emmett Under Scrutiny.
- Watch The Rookie Season 5 outside USA on Hulu – New Beginnings, Old Rook: LAPD Odyssey.
- watch Snowfall Season 6 on Hulu outside US – Saints in Shadows: Family’s Fight.
FAQs – Hulu on Android TV
Can I get Hulu on Android TV?
Yes, you can get Hulu on Android TV by downloading and installing the Hulu app from the Google Play Store. If you’re outside the United States, you can sideload Hulu using the Downloader app.
When is Hulu going to have profiles on Android TV?
When you sign up, a primary profile is automatically created for your account. You can create up to five more profiles, bringing the total to six. You can add or remove profiles from the Profiles screen.
What quality is Hulu on Android TV?
Android TVs only stream Hulu up to 720p/60fps or 1080p/60fps as the Hulu Android TV 4K is still unavailable.
Why does Hulu keep freezing on Android TV?
Slow internet connections or errors with the Hulu app are the most common causes of Hulu Android TV freezing.
Why does Hulu keep crashing on my Android TV?
You will experience Hulu Android TV crashing if your device’s RAM is low. To ensure the proper operation of Hulu, please close any unused applications.
Why doesn’t my Android TV have Hulu?
Your Android TV won’t have Hulu if it’s an older model. Also, the Hulu app is unavailable for Android TVs outside the United States. If you’re in the US and want to stream Hulu on an unsupported Android TV, install the app on another device, i.e., a gaming console, or use casting.
That’s how to watch Hulu on Android TV! Hulu is a top streaming service with some of the best shows and movies. The newest versions of Android TVs are compatible with Hulu, making them one of the most accessible streaming devices.
This guide covers various ways to watch Hulu on Android TV, including troubleshooting the common Hulu Android TV not working errors.
If you’re outside the US, sign up for ExpressVPN to stream Hulu on Android TV and enjoy the best streaming experience.