To watch Hulu in Greece, you’d have to use a virtual private network to acquire a US IP address. Unfortunately, Hulu is only available to viewers in the United States and Japan due to geographical restrictions and distribution rights.
If Greek internet users tried to access the streaming service, they would receive the following Hulu geo-restriction error message on their screens:
Fortunately, by using a VPN, you can access Hulu on your devices in Greece. In this blog, you will find the 3 Best VPNs to watch Hulu in Greece, which we shortlisted after testing about 40+ different VPN providers.
So, without further ado, let us continue towards getting you unlimited and unrestricted access to Hulu in Greece.
How much will Hulu cost in Greece?
Hulu is a US-based streaming service; therefore it subscription charges are listed in United States Dollars ($USD)
We have already converted the subscription prices into Euro (€) for our Greece users to understand better how much Hulu subscription will cost them.
- Hulu – $5.99 USD – (€5.11/Month*)
- Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99 USD – (€10.22/Month*)
- Hulu + Live TV – $64.99 USD – (€55.42/Month*)
How to subscribe to Hulu in Greece?
There are two ways to purchase a Hulu subscription if you’re located in Greece.
- Purchase the Hulu subscription using a US-based credit card
- Purchase the Hulu subscription using a gift card
Purchase the Hulu subscription using a US-based credit card
If you have a US-based credit card, then there shouldn’t be an issue for you. In case you do not, you will have to ask any of your friends or family members currently in the US to purchase the subscription on your behalf and share the Hulu subscription username and password with you.
If you have a US-based credit card, you can follow the steps below to purchase a Hulu subscription:
1. To sign-up on Hulu using your friend’s credit card, launch the VPN app, and head over to hulu.com.
2. Click on the “START YOUR FREE TRIAL” button as shown in the image above and pick a subscription plan of your choice.
3. Now, create an account by providing your email address, password, name, birth date, and gender. After that, click “Continue” to proceed.
4. Next, you need to add your billing info and US credit card details.
5. Next, enter a US zip or postal code on the “Billing Info page” by simply Googling a random US zip or postal code.
6. Finally, click on the “Submit” button to create your new Hulu account. You can now watch your favorite Hulu shows like Alone and The Handmaid’s Tale in Greece.
Purchase the Hulu subscription using a gift card
If you can’t get a hold of a US credit card or fail to convince your friend or family member, then you can alternatively purchase a gift card for Hulu and still sign up for an account from Greece.
You can follow the steps below to purchase a Hulu subscription using a gift card.
1. First, purchase a gift card for Hulu by visiting Gift Card Supply and using PayPal, credit card, or Bitcoin.
2. After that, connect to a US VPN server, and visit Hulu – Redeem Your Gift to redeem your gift card. Enter your gift card code and click on “Redeem.”
3. Now, choose a subscription plan for Hulu that best fits your needs.
4. Now, create an account by providing your email address, password, name, birth date, and gender. After that, click “Continue” to proceed.
That’s it. You’ve successfully created a Hulu account from Greece using the gift card method.
The Best VPNs to watch Hulu in Greece [Updated – October 2021]
After testing 40+ VPNs based on parameters such as unblocking capabilities, server network, speed, money-back guarantee, and more, we have finally found the 3 best VPNs for watching Hulu in Greece in 2021.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch Hulu in Greece
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Hulu in Greece. If you have been associated with VPNs at some point in your life, you’d know that this is not a surprise. ExpressVPN provides unmatched unblocking capabilities to its users.
It offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including servers in 23+ cities of the United States. These servers are more than enough to unblock Hulu and other popular streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, Spotify, and more in Greece.
For Hulu specifically, ExpressVPN recommended servers include New Jersey, New York, and Washington DC. Also, during our testing, these servers delivered an amazing speed of 88 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection. With speeds like these, all of our Hulu streams were in 4K Ultra-HD video quality.
You can see the speed results of recommended servers for Hulu in Greece in the table below.
|Recommended Servers||Speed Result|
|New Jersey||88.96 Mbps|
|New York||89.46 Mbps|
|Washington DC||88.25 Mbps|
ExpressVPN also offers another unblocking feature called “ExpressVPN MediaStreamer.” This Smart DNS feature allows users to unblock Hulu and similar streaming services on devices that aren’t user-friendly for VPN configuration. Such devices include routers, Smart TVs, Android TVs, Firesticks, FireTV, PS4, and Xbox.
This service is also compatible with major devices so that our Greek users can easily stream Hulu in 1080p video quality on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, Roku, router, Chromebook, and more.
From online security and privacy standpoint, ExpressVPN utilizes AES-256-Bit encryption, internet kill switch, TrustedServer network, and private DNS to ensure that your actual identity and personal information remains a secret.
You can avail of all that for just $6.67/mo , and it also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more about this VPN provider in our ExpressVPN Review.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to watch Hulu in Greece
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN to watch Hulu in Greece. Operating since 2018, Surfshark has quickly found a place in the hearts of VPN users due to its ability to offer very good unblocking capabilities at affordable prices.
With a server network consisting of 3200+ servers in 65 countries, including 500+ servers in 20+ cities of the US, Greek internet users will never have an issue again in gaining access to Hulu.
Apart from Hulu, they can also get unlimited and uninterrupted access to Paramount+, Apple TV+, NBC, UKTV, YouTube TV US, and more. As for the VPN connection speed, Surfshark manages to offer a decent 85 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps internet connection for 4K Ultra-HD video quality.
Surfshark’s recommended servers for Hulu include Seattle, Tampa, and Orlando.
You can see their speed test results in the table below.
|Recommended Servers||Speed Result|
Perhaps the greatest advantage Surfshark has on every other VPN provider is its ability to support unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account. Meaning, Greek users can easily stream Hulu on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Firestick, Android TV Box, Smart TVs, Roku, Chromebook, PS4, Linux, Xbox, routers, and more simultaneously.
It also offers military-grade AES-256-Bit encryption, multi-hop, secure DNS, internet kill switch, and private DNS for securing your online presence and internet traffic from ISPs and hackers.
Available for just $2.49/mo , every Surfshark subscription comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For further information about this VPN provider, read our Surfshark Review.
3. NordVPN – Fastest VPN to watch Hulu in Greece
NordVPN is the fastest VPN to watch Hulu in Greece. During our testing, NordVPN delivered lightning-fast speed for consistent 4k Ultra-HD video quality streaming. In addition, it offered an impressive 92 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps internet connection.
NordVPN offers 5200+ servers in 60 countries, including 1,970+ servers in the US. With so many American servers, Greek users can gain speedy access to Hulu and other various streaming services such as ESPN+, YuppTV, CNBC, ABC Go, NHK, DAZN, and more.
NordVPN’s recommended servers for Hulu include Miami, Los Angeles, and Chicago. You can see how did they perform during the speed test from the following speed table.
|Recommended Servers||Speed Result|
|Los Angeles||92.34 Mbps|
Apart from the fastest streaming experience, NordVPN can also offer strong security and privacy due to its features such as AES-256-Bit encryption, Double VPN, Onion Over VPN, internet kill switch, Cyber Sec, and secure DNS.
A single NordVPN account can be connected to 6 devices simultaneously. The provider is easily compatible with popular devices such as Windows, Android, iOS, Firestick, Android TV Box, Linux, router, Chromebook, PS4, Xbox, and more.
Available for just $3.30/mo (VPN Awareness Month - 2 year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE), every NordVPN premium subscription comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee that allows you to try this service risk-free.
Read about this provider in our in-depth NordVPN Review.
Our selection criteria included the provider’s following attributes while selecting the best VPNs for accessing Hulu in Greece.
- The VPN provider should be able to offer unlimited, unrestricted, and uninterrupted access to Hulu.
- The VPN provider should offer multiple servers in the United States.
- The provider should offer 5 or more multi-logins per account.
- The provider should be compatible with major platforms such as Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux.
- The provider should have at least a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Lastly, the provider should offer a reliable and efficient 24/7 customer support service.
Hulu in Greece: FAQs
Yes, watching Hulu with VPN in Greece is legal since using a VPN is not illegal in Greece. While there isn’t any evidence of Hulu taking any legal action against the subscribers using VPN to access Hulu, on rare occasions, it can suspend your subscription for using a VPN.
You can stream Hulu on a browser or via its application. Following devices support Hulu streaming.
- Amazon Fire tablets
- Amazon Fire TV and TV Stick
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- iPhones and iPads
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- Mac and PC web browsers
- PlayStation 3 & 4
- Roku and Roku Streaming Stick
- Samsung TV
- Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Xbox 360 & Xbox One
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box
Since it is one of the most popular streaming services on the planet, everyone can easily find something for themselves on it. So even if you are not a devoted streamer, you will find something worth watching on Hulu.
We have compiled for you a list of popular TV series & movies to watch on Hulu in 2021.
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- The Great
- Normal People
- Into the Dark
- Love, Victor
- Solar Opposite
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
- Palm Springs
- The Nice Guys
- Gone Girl
- The Painter and the Thief
- The Truman Show
To cancel, head to your Hulu subscription’s account page on a computer or mobile browser. Then, select Cancel under Your Subscription and follow the on-screen instructions. Once you’re done, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
After you’ve canceled, the subscription status on your Account page should read: “Your subscription is about to cancel.” You’ll continue to have access to Hulu until the end of your current billing cycle but will not be charged moving forward.
Depending on the device, there are few troubleshooting steps that you can perform if you cannot access Hulu in Greece due to geo-restriction even after being connected to a VPN.
- In iOS or Android devices, ensure that your device’s location service (GPS) is disabled & the Hulu application cache is cleared.
- In the case of Mac or Windows devices, your browser cache, cookies, and history should be cleared.
- Disconnect your current VPN connection and reconnect to a different US server.
- You should also contact your VPN provider customer support team for further assistance.
The geo-restriction limitation for Hulu is unlikely to change for the foreseeable future. Therefore, using a premium VPN provider is the only way to access Hulu in Greece.
After thorough testing, ExpressVPN was the most reliable, effective, and trustworthy VPN service to access Hulu in Greece.
If you hurry up, you can avail of ExpressVPN’s limited time “12 months + 3 months free” subscription offer that also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.