As compared to its alternatives, Android is more frequently accepted Smartphone platform. Not only this, other Android devices are successfully acquiring more market share as compared to iOS and Windows operating systems. Nevertheless, when it comes to security concerns, Android is more vulnerable as compared to its replacements.
Malicious Android Apps
The risk of downloading and installing a malicious application on Android is greater than iOS; because, Android applications are available and can be accessed via different podiums.
Most of the hosts of these Android apps are un-trusted; yet, some naïve users, being too much complacent about their security, don’t even give a second thought to downloading and using these apps on their device.
Do you remember “Flappy Bird”? Do you remember how it vanished from all trusted sites? I guess so; it was one of the most viral apps. But, you probably don’t know what happened next. Many users, in search of “Flappy Bird Clone” started accessing un-trusted sites. Some of them didn’t end up well; because, what they found was a malicious app.
There are some trusted platforms for Android apps such as “PlayStore” where chances of finding malicious apps are less. But, to save a few bucks or probably to get their hands on newly released apps early, people seek alternates and end up facing spamming, phishing and even hacking issues.
Android Security Loopholes
Not too long ago, researchers from Ben Gurion University found an Android security loophole. According to the researchers, Android ‘4.3’ security was flawed and welcomed spammers, phishers and hackers with open arms.
Through this loophole, cyber-goons could bypass all security barriers and access your valuable information if there’s a malicious Android app installed on your device. However, Android security loopholes and malicious apps aren’t the only concerns to worry about.
We all know that vigilant agencies like the NSA and GCHQ are tracking our online activities. Not only this, these agencies are even recording, analyzing and storing our conversations, transactions and other activities we definitely don’t want to disclose.
Yes! We are the victims of online surveillance and our devices are open to unwanted assaults. The only way out of this mess is maximized security. The only viable tool to ensure you that is a VPN.
We all know that pre-purchase research is a prerequisite to an efficient purchase decision. VPN is a sophisticated technology and it can take days to research about viable options to choose from. We are here to assist you in this regard. Based on performance and user preference, the list given below prescribes 5 best VPNs for Android.
|Rank||provider||as low as||Features||visit|
||Visit SiteRead Review|
||Visit SiteRead Review|
||Visit SiteRead Review|
||Visit SiteRead Review|
OverPlay can be considered as a suitable recommendation if you seek a VPN for your Android device. OverPlay offers variety of VPN package plans along with SmartDNS to fulfill your diverse needs. It not only strengthens your online security but also helps you evade geographic restrictions. With OverPlay VPN, you can enjoy unrestricted streaming on-the-go. Have a look at some salient features of OverPlay VPN.
- No limit on bandwidth allocation
- Compatible with almost all Android devices
- Runs smoothly on current Android software updates
- Strengthens your online security by supporting PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols
- Liberates your online freedom with servers in 243+ geographic regions, 48 countries
- Access Netflix, HBO-Go, Channel 4, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and ITV etc on-the-go
- Wide range of SmartDNS and VPN packages to choose from
- Free VPN software
- 24/7/365 live customer and support
PureVPN is one of the best and viable alternatives with respect to Android VPN. PureVPN offers outstanding features at affordable price. In addition, PureVPN promises enticing additional features along with the basic functions that fulfill your needs of having an Android VPN. Here are some of PureVPN’s salient features:
- PureVPN allows you to access more than 300+ servers in 45 countries. This broadly scattered server network allows you to evade all geo-restrictions.
- PureVPN offer you unlimited bandwidth. Now stream as much as you can on your Android device with PureVPN.
- Extremely affordable package plans starting from $4.16/month
- No more fearing hackers. PureVPN supports PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols.
- Not only Android, PureVPN is compatible with other platforms, operating systems and devices.
- Unblock and enjoy Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Pandora and WWE Network etc on your Android device with PureVPN.
- Additional features include “Split Tunneling” and “Multi Login”.
- In case you face any issue configuring PureVPN on your Android device, their 24/7 live tech and customer support will help you out.
- Easy-to-use, one click installation free software.
- Detailed tutorials for manual configuration of PureVPN on Android devices.
- PureVPN supports P2P file sharing
- PureVPN accepts payment through different payment modes including: PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, Plimus, WebMoney and Discover etc.
Express VPN is one of the best VPNs that can be recommended for an Android device. With Express VPN’s geographically dispersed servers, you not only breakthrough all restrictions but also hide behind numerous random IPs. Express VPN protects your data and offers absolute anonymity, making your Android device invulnerable to hacks, surveillance and unauthorized assaults.
- Compatible with all preferably used Android versions
- Servers available in 45 countries
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP and OpenVPN support
- Data security facilitated through 256bit encryption
- Easy to use VPN software
- Resolves all your concerns through 24/7/365 customer and tech support
- Diverse transaction modes offered: PayPal, Bitcoin and all leading Debit/Credit Cards
- 30 days money back claim
HideMyAss is at second spot of 5 best Android VPN. HideMyAss has earned this spot because of its rigid server network but couldn’t be considered number 1 choice due to its higher price. Here are some significant features representing HideMyAss Android VPN.
- Unrestricted bandwidth
- Bypass all the restrictions and cope with censorship issues – access 500+ servers offered by HideMyAss in 64 countries.
- HideMyAss supports PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSL and OpenVPN tunneling protocols
- Say goodbye to the NSA and GCHQ surveillance – hide behind 69,500+ IPs
- Enjoy Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Pandora and WWE Network etc on your Android device.
- A VPN compatible with all Android devices.
- HideMyAss accepts payments through PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Wire Transfer, WebMoney and Bitcoin.
5- IronSocket VPN
IronSocket VPN offers excellent features and competitive package plans to those who seek extended security of their Android devices. In exchange of price as low as $4.16 per month, you can make your Android device invulnerable to unauthorized assault.
Moreover, you can boost security of your data via supported encryption levels. IronSocket VPN’s geographically dispersed server network allows you to evade all geographic restrictions and helps you stream without any restriction. Here are some salient features of IronSocket VPN:
- Device compatibility
- Supports and runs on Android devices
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Variety of packages offered at affordable price
- Wide range of server network
- Enjoy unrestricted streaming on your Android devices
- Access Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Pandora, WWE Network, ABC, Fox and many more
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols supported
- Data encryption offered
Android devices are more likely to face security issues as compared to other alternatives. The risks associated with unreliable and malicious apps make Android devices more vulnerable to unauthorized assault. So, we would like to prescribe two suggestions here. First, refrain from accessing un-trusted sites. Second, upgrade the security of your Android device with a VPN and learn the true meaning of freedom and online privacy.
Latest posts by Arsalan Jabbar (Posts)
- Cybercrime Infographics 2014: Facts & Statistics - August 19, 2014
- Top 5 Russian VPN for Privacy, Security and Internet Freedom - August 18, 2014
- Cybercrime and Digital Self Defense – A Video Guide - August 13, 2014