When compared with other Smartphones, Android is the most frequently accepted mobile device operating system. As a result, devices running Android are successfully acquiring more market share as compared to devices running iOS and Windows operating systems.
However, when it comes to security concerns, Android is more vulnerable due to the open source nature and the extra attention it has drawn from cybercriminals on its rise to popularity.
Online Streaming Restrictions
The loopholes in Android’s security are not the only worrying factors for Android users. People use Android devices all over the world and access their favorite TV shows and movies on them. Unfortunately, most of the time the access is restricted and one needs a “gate-pass” to access these shows and movies.
An Android VPN serves this cause. It unblocks the TV shows and movies that are confined for viewership in specific regions. It gives its users the access regardless of their geographical location, by cloaking their original IP address (and thereby cloaking the built-in country-code that are detected and used to restrict access).
Malicious Android Apps
The risk of downloading and installing a malicious application on Android is greater than iOS; because, Android applications are easily created and distributed.
Most Android app developers are un-trusted; yet, some naïve users, being too much complacent about their security, don’t even give a second thought to downloading and using these apps on their devices.
Do you remember “Flappy Bird”? Do you remember how it vanished from all trusted sites? It was one of the most viral apps to have ever come out. But I bet you don’t know how many users ended up accessing un-trusted sites and downloading malware in their desperate search of “Flappy Bird Clone”.
Some of them didn’t end up well; and it was already too late when they found out that they had downloaded fraudulent software.
Android Security Loopholes
Not too long ago, researchers from Ben Gurion University found an Android security loophole. According to the researchers, Android ‘4.3’ security was flawed and welcomed Spammers, phishers and Hackers with open arms.
Through this loophole, cyber-goons can bypass all security barriers and access your valuable information if there’s a malicious Android app installed on your device. However, security loopholes and malicious apps aren’t the only concerns Android users have to worry about.
The Need for Best Android VPN
Android devices face greater risks than ever nowadays. The increasing cyber attacks and hacking and phishing scandals have left users wondering if their devices will ever be truly safe anymore. This is where the best VPNs for Android come into the picture.
Using an Android VPN also provides you and your devices from being spied on by surveillance agencies like NSA and GCHQ. The tunneling and encryption that is a standard part of VPN provides you unrestricted access to websites and contents all over the world.
Android VPN to the Rescue
We all know that pre-purchase research is a prerequisite for an efficient purchase decision. There are many VPNs for Android out there that claim to be the best. Therefore, it can take days to research about viable options to choose from. We are here to assist you in this regard. Based on performance and user preferences, the list given below prescribes 5 best VPNs for Android.
PureVPN is one of the best and viable alternatives with respect to Android VPN. PureVPN offers outstanding features at affordable price. In addition, this VPN for Android promises enticing additional features along with the basic functions that fulfill your needs of having an Android VPN.
Here are some of PureVPN’s salient features:
- PureVPN allows you to access more than 450+ servers in 85+ countries. This broadly scattered server network allows you to evade all geo-restrictions.
- PureVPN offers you unlimited bandwidth. Now stream as much as you can on your Android device with PureVPN.
- Extremely affordable package plans starting from $4.16/month
- No more fearing hackers. PureVPN supports PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols.
- Not only Android, PureVPN is compatible with other platforms, operating systems and devices.
- Unblock and enjoy Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Pandora and WWE Network etc on your Android device with PureVPN.
- Additional features include “Split Tunneling” and “Multi Login”.
- In case you face any issue configuring PureVPN on your Android device, their 24/7 live tech and customer support will help you out.
- Easy-to-use, one click installation free software.
- Detailed tutorials for manual configuration of PureVPN on Android devices.
- PureVPN supports P2P file sharing
- PureVPN accepts payment through different payment modes including: PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, Plimus, WebMoney and Discover etc.
IPVanish, with its geographically dispersed server network, is also a viable alternative to consider. In addition, this Android VPN allows you to choose from diverse feature-rich package plans. You can currently avail 20% discount on all IPVanish packages via our campaign.
- No bandwidth cap
- 140+ servers, 60 countries
- Enjoy Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Pandora and WWE Network etc on your Android device.
- Beat the NSA surveillance with IPVanish’s PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols and sophisticated encryption
- 7000+ IPs to promise absolute anonymity
- A complete VPN for Android
- IPvanish is compatible with VoIPs
- Free software and tutorials for manual configuration
This Android VPN provides ultimate security to your Android devices and is one of the best VPNs for Android. It has strong support for various tunneling protocols and provides good encryption to ensure your data is free from all sorts of malware. Here are some of the salient features of ibVPN:
- Servers spread across more than 30 countries
- Get instant access to more than 2000 IP addresses
- PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN and SSTP protocols to tunnel your data
- Unlimited bandwidth provided on each server
- Allows unlimited server switching
- Provides 2 simultaneous connections; one for your laptop/computer and other for your smart device
- Comes at a meager price of $4.35 per month (for yearly subscription)
- No logs
- 6-hour free trial
- 15-day money back guarantee
- Unblock Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, WWE Network, Vudu and Pandora etc. from anywhere in the world
- Allows P2P file sharing
IronSocket VPN offers excellent features and competitive package plans to those who seek extended security of their Android devices. In exchange of price as low as $4.16 per month, you can make your Android device invulnerable to unauthorized assault with this VPN for Android.
Moreover, you can boost security of your data via supported encryption levels. IronSocket VPN’s geographically dispersed server network allows you to evade all geographic restrictions and helps you stream without any restriction. Here are some salient features of this Android VPN:
- Device compatibility
- Supports and runs on Android devices
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Variety of packages offered at affordable price
- Wide range of server network
- Enjoy unrestricted streaming on your Android devices
- Access Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Pandora, WWE Network, ABC, Fox and many more
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols supported
- Data encryption offered
SwitchVPN is one of the best options for equipping your Android device with. It doesn’t matter if you are looking to evade the restrictions or you are concerned about your online security, it makes sure the users do not miss out on any the aforementioned things. Some of the best features of this VPN for Android are:
- It is compatible with all Android devices
- It tunnels your traffic through OpenVPN, SSTP, L2TP and PPTP protocols
- It provides 1GB bandwidth to ensure you can stream all the videos at blazing speeds on your Android devices
- 75+ VPN servers in 25 countries
- Tutorials on website and 24/7/365 Customer Support
- 5 multi-logins on a single account
- A 30-day money back guarantee to all the users
- Provides very strong encryption of 1024-bit to ensure your Android device is safe from the potential threats of malwares, hackers, phishers and online surveillance agencies
- P2P file sharing
Android devices are more likely to face security issues as compared to other Smartphone users. The risks associated with unreliable and malicious apps make Android devices vulnerable to unauthorized assault. The solution, however, is not as complicated as most people believe.
First, refrain from accessing un-trusted sites. Second, upgrade the security of your Android device with a VPN for Android and experience true freedom and online privacy.
The rise in popularity and demand for VPN services has led to the development of a VPN industry in which numerous options are available. Based on user reviews, the following VPN services stand out in the crowd as the best VPNs for Android.
Latest posts by Arsalan Jabbar (Posts)
- 5 Best Android VPNs to Secure your Android Device - December 1, 2014
- 5 Best Fastest VPN – Optimal Security with Unbeatable Speed - November 12, 2014
- Get Top 5 Torrent VPN to Enjoy Unrestricted File-Sharing - September 28, 2014