As compared to its alternatives, Android is more frequently accepted Smartphone platform. Not only this, other Android devices are successfully acquiring more market share as compared to iOS and Windows operating systems. Nevertheless, when it comes to security concerns, Android is more vulnerable as compared to its replacements.
5 Best VPNs for Android
We all know that pre-purchase research is a prerequisite to an efficient purchase decision. VPN is a sophisticated technology and it can take days to research about viable options to choose from. We are here to assist you in this regard. Based on performance and user preference, the list given below prescribes 5 best VPNs for Android.
Malicious Android Apps
The risk of downloading and installing a malicious application on Android is greater than iOS; because, Android applications are available and can be accessed via different podiums.
Most of the hosts of these Android apps are un-trusted; yet, some naïve users, being too much complacent about their security, don’t even give a second thought to downloading and using these apps on their device.
Do you remember “Flappy Bird”? Do you remember how it vanished from all trusted sites? I guess so; it was one of the most viral apps. But, you probably don’t know what happened next. Many users, in search of “Flappy Bird Clone” started accessing un-trusted sites. Some of them didn’t end up well; because, what they found was a malicious app.
There are some trusted platforms for Android apps such as “PlayStore” where chances of finding malicious apps are less. But, to save a few bucks or probably to get their hands on newly released apps early, people seek alternates and end up facing spamming, phishing and even hacking issues.
Android Security Loopholes
Not too long ago, researchers from Ben Gurion University found an Android security loophole. According to the researchers, Android ‘4.3’ security was flawed and welcomed spammers, phishers and hackers with open arms.
Through this loophole, cyber-goons could bypass all security barriers and access your valuable information if there’s a malicious Android app installed on your device. However, Android security loopholes and malicious apps aren’t the only concerns to worry about.
PureVPN is one of the best and viable alternatives with respect to Android VPN. PureVPN offers outstanding features at affordable price. In addition, PureVPN promises enticing additional features along with the basic functions that fulfill your needs of having an Android VPN. Here are some of PureVPN’s salient features:
- PureVPN allows you to access more than 450+ servers in 85+ countries. This broadly scattered server network allows you to evade all geo-restrictions.
- PureVPN offer you unlimited bandwidth. Now stream as much as you can on your Android device with PureVPN.
- Extremely affordable package plans starting from $4.16/month
- No more fearing hackers. PureVPN supports PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols.
- Not only Android, PureVPN is compatible with other platforms, operating systems and devices.
- Unblock and enjoy Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Pandora and WWE Network etc on your Android device with PureVPN.
- Additional features include “Split Tunneling” and “Multi Login”.
- In case you face any issue configuring PureVPN on your Android device, their 24/7 live tech and customer support will help you out.
- Easy-to-use, one click installation free software.
- Detailed tutorials for manual configuration of PureVPN on Android devices.
- PureVPN supports P2P file sharing
- PureVPN accepts payment through different payment modes including: PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, Plimus, WebMoney and Discover etc.
IPVanish, with its geographically dispersed server network, is also a viable alternative to consider. In addition, IPVanish allows you to choose from diverse feature-rich package plans. You can currently avail 20% discount on all IPVanish packages via our campaign.
- No bandwidth cap
- 140+ servers, 60 countries
- Enjoy Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Pandora and WWE Network etc on your Android device.
- Beat the NSA surveillance with IPVanish’s PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols and sophisticated encryption
- 7000+ IPs to promise absolute anonymity
- A VPN that is compatible with diverse Android devices
- IPvanish is compatible with VoIPs
- Free software and tutorials for manual configuration
ibVPN provides ultimate security to your Android devices and is one of the best VPNs available online. It has strong support for various tunneling protocols and provides good encryption to ensure your data is free from all sorts of malware. Here are some of the salient features of ibVPN:
- Servers spread across more than 30 countries
- Get instant access to more than 2000 IP addresses
- PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN and SSTP protocols to tunnel your data
- Unlimited bandwidth provided on each server
- Allows unlimited server switching
- Provides 2 simultaneous connections; one for your laptop/computer and other for your smart device
- Comes with a meager price of $4.35 per month (for yearly subscription)
- No logs
- 6-hour free trial
- 15-day money back guarantee
- Unblock Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, WWE Network, Vudu and Pandora etc. from anywhere in the world
- Allows P2P file sharing
IronSocket VPN offers excellent features and competitive package plans to those who seek extended security of their Android devices. In exchange of price as low as $4.16 per month, you can make your Android device invulnerable to unauthorized assault.
Moreover, you can boost security of your data via supported encryption levels. IronSocket VPN’s geographically dispersed server network allows you to evade all geographic restrictions and helps you stream without any restriction. Here are some salient features of IronSocket VPN:
- Device compatibility
- Supports and runs on Android devices
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Variety of packages offered at affordable price
- Wide range of server network
- Enjoy unrestricted streaming on your Android devices
- Access Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Pandora, WWE Network, ABC, Fox and many more
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols supported
- Data encryption offered
SwitchVPN is one of the best options for equipping your Android device. It doesn’t matter if you are looking to evade the restrictions or you are concerned with about your online security, it makes sure the users do not miss out on any the aforementioned things. Here are some of the best features of SwitchVPN:
- It is compatible with all Android devices
- It tunnels your traffic through OpenVPN, SSTP, L2TP and PPTP protocols
- It provides 1GB bandwidth to ensure you can stream all the videos at blazing speeds on your Android devices
- 75+ VPN servers in 25 countries
- Tutorials on website and 24/7/365 Customer Support
- 5 multi-logins on a single account
- A 30-day money back guarantee to all the users
- Provides very strong encryption of 1024-bit to ensure your Android device is safe from the potential threats of malwares, hackers, phishers and online surveillance agencies
- P2P file sharing
Android devices are more likely to face security issues as compared to other alternatives. The risks associated with unreliable and malicious apps make Android devices more vulnerable to unauthorized assault. So, we would like to prescribe two suggestions here. First, refrain from accessing un-trusted sites. Second, upgrade the security of your Android device with a VPN and learn the true meaning of freedom and online privacy.
Latest posts by Arsalan Jabbar (Posts)
- 5 Best Fastest VPN – Optimal Security with Unbeatable Speed - November 12, 2014
- Get Top 5 Torrent VPN to Enjoy Unrestricted File-Sharing - September 28, 2014
- 30+ Celebrities Victimized but J-Law Steals the Show - September 4, 2014